Do you wear shorts?

Comments

• PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    fig jam wrote:
    Not just no, but HELL no! I looked adorable in them when I was 19 but that's been a little while . . . .

Skirts are a much better choice for me. But no mini's. They say if you wore mini's the first time they were in fashion, you got no business wearing them now. I agree.

So what sort of skirts do you wear?

I spend most of my summer in the playground and at the pool, so I need something I can chase munchkins in.
    Minneapolis, MN
  • bouncebounce Posts: 297Registered Users
    Poodlehead wrote:
    fig jam wrote:
    Not just no, but HELL no! I looked adorable in them when I was 19 but that's been a little while . . . .

Skirts are a much better choice for me. But no mini's. They say if you wore mini's the first time they were in fashion, you got no business wearing them now. I agree.

So what sort of skirts do you wear?

I spend most of my summer in the playground and at the pool, so I need something I can chase munchkins in.

I have a couple really light, knee-length layered skirts that are nice enough to wear to work (we are super casual here), light enough for the breeze to go right through and long enough to lounge on the couch with them on. They are flowy and super comfy.
    bounce wrote:
    I have a couple really light, knee-length layered skirts that are nice enough to wear to work (we are super casual here), light enough for the breeze to go right through and long enough to lounge on the couch with them on. They are flowy and super comfy.

I assume you bought them 2 years ago and they don't make them any more... :lol:
    Minneapolis, MN
  • Jenny CJenny C Posts: 1,195Registered Users
    I replied yes to the poll because I do wear shorts on occasion but I really don't like the way they look on me and wear little skirts or casual dresses in the summertime.

I have short, thick legs and shorts just cut in a really bad spot making my legs look shorter and thicker. Skirts above the knee are much more flattering.
    If you got nothing to bring to the table - don't even bother sitting down.
  • bouncebounce Posts: 297Registered Users
    Poodlehead wrote:
    bounce wrote:

I assume you bought them 2 years ago and they don't make them any more... :lol:

Well, last year. :wink: I see similar all over though - I was even recently scoping out a cotton one from Target with a ruffle around the bottom.
  • mousemouse Posts: 39Registered Users
    I wear shorts because they are more comfortable on a hot day than jeans, but let me tell you, they don't flatter the short-legged any more than they do the long-legged.
    Descartes walks into a bar. The bartender says, "Can I pour you a beer?" Descartes says, "I think not," and disappears.
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    Ambrosia wrote:
    i only wear shorts when working out.

i have rarely, possibly never, seen a woman wearing shorts...who looked good in them.

if someone finds a picture of woman who looks good in shorts (even a model) please post.

i look damn good in shorts...i cant send you a pic though because i dont wear shorts. :wink: and even in these hot north carolina summers, i wear jeans. i dont care if its 90 degrees, i hate shorts. im probably going to start boycotting tank tops too. im a 60 yr old trapped in a 22 yr old body
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    LisaAnn wrote:
    I live in Texas, I must or I will melt and die.

Miniskirts and sundresses. I live further south than you and I don't wear shorts. :lol:
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • Confused CurlyConfused Curly Posts: 229Registered Users
    Yes, but only to the beach or someplace where no one knows me. People I know do not need to be subjected to my Clinton-white legs in shorts. Clinton-white and Clinton-thick actually. :lol:
    Do you know why they call it "PMS"? Because "Mad Cow Disease" was taken.
    --Unknown, presumed deceased
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    From March to November!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • CarrollCarroll Posts: 224Registered Users
    WOW, I am amazed at how many of you do NOT wear shorts!!!! I'm in the area of CA that gets to 115 in the summer so heck yeah I wear them. I have an athletic build and am 5'9 so they aren't awful. I would love to find some cute sundresses that I like, but I haven't in a long while!!!! Old Navy seems to have the shorts I seem to buy when spring comes around.

I'm still blown away at how many of you don't do the short thing, and I'm SURE that you'd look GREAT....we are SOO critical of ourselves, huh???
    Say what you mean and mean what you say.
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    Carroll wrote:
    WOW, I am amazed at how many of you do NOT wear shorts!!!! I'm in the area of CA that gets to 115 in the summer so heck yeah I wear them. I have an athletic build and am 5'9 so they aren't awful. I would love to find some cute sundresses that I like, but I haven't in a long while!!!! Old Navy seems to have the shorts I seem to buy when spring comes around.

I'm still blown away at how many of you don't do the short thing, and I'm SURE that you'd look GREAT....we are SOO critical of ourselves, huh???

I've never liked shorts on me. The last time I had shorts I liked was when I was in high school and I had a pair of cut off Levi's that I inherited from one of my many older boy cousins. Since then, no.

I just think skirts, jeans and sundresses are so much more comfortable.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    Nope unless I'm gardening in the backyard and even then I'll mostly wear beat up yoga capris. I keep the cooler with full cover loose cotton or linen clothing. In the interest of being kind to strangers, I dont show much leg.
  • sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
    I haven't worn shorts because I thought my legs were too white. So during summer if not pants, then skirts down to the knee. But I wore a few shorter skirts the last few summers and realised that it doesn't look that bad.

Didn't really see that many shorts as cute,but recently have spotted a few that are. Also the idea that it's cool and allows for more outdoorsy stuff then skirts is appealing.

Now these long shorts are coming in style, IMO they seem a little boyish but I guess if it really catches on they'll seem more normal.

06210_w.jpg
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
  • msrebamsreba Posts: 143Registered Users
    I look really awful in skirts(i'm such a weird body shape) shorts is all I got. I like wearing shorts. Then again.. I make every other "fashion" mistake in the book why not make a few more while I'm at it. I even wear DENIM ones! MUUAHAHHAHAHHAHA.. and I like it!
  • slinky1slinky1 Banned Posts: 1,612Banned Users
    I don't wear shorts, either. I was actually feeling bad about myself for it...until I read this thread.

Well, I do wear shorts sometimes...around my house if it is super hot(nevah in public). But they are really loose soccer or lacrosse style shorts that are on the longer side.
    ;)
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    i only wear shorts to the gym or running pretty much.... i basically wear skirts and sometimes dresses as soon as its warm enough. i don't think i look bad in shorts really, its just that skirts are just as comfortable and IMO look so much nicer. and i'll admit.... my skirts are short..... but so am i :)
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • rileybrileyb Posts: 1,975Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Only if I am working out/running. It's not that I don't find shorts attractive on me, I don't find them attractive on anyone. :x
    I haven't got the slightest idea how to change people, but I still keep a long list of prospective candidates just in case I should ever figure it out.
  • j'adorej'adore Posts: 1,966Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Chakra wrote:
    There are VERY few people who can wear shorts and look good in them. You have to have super, super skinny legs otherwise you have the whole "shorts getting bunched up between your legs thing" throwing the whole thing off. NOT a good look. Mini skirts are more flattering.

I have super duper skinny legs and I do not wear shorts. I look like Big Bird in 'em. :lol: BUT, I think I will break out this summer and just do it.
    "Don't play me...I'm over 30, and I don't smoke weed"
    -Prince

catcatadr20050914_-8_Marley+is.png
    mrsreba wrote:
    I look really awful in skirts(i'm such a weird body shape) shorts is all I got. I like wearing shorts. Then again.. I make every other "fashion" mistake in the book why not make a few more while I'm at it. I even wear DENIM ones! MUUAHAHHAHAHHAHA.. and I like it!

I think this may be me as well. But I'm trying to break out of my fashion black hole these days.
    Minneapolis, MN
  • skywatcherskywatcher Posts: 429Registered Users
    I wear shorts all summer. For work I can get away with the scooters & skorts. Same as shorts, but looks nice enough for work with a nice blouse.
    3a/2c
    Long layers, past BSL
    Loving: CON poo, Elucence MBC, Jessicurl WDT, B&A Gel.
    SLS free poos since Feb 6/05
    I find it interesting that in the beginning, the poll was definitely in favor of the non-shorts wearers, but now the results are becoming more even. I don't even remember why I asked the question! :lol:
    Minneapolis, MN
  • curlygirlinvacurlygirlinva Posts: 9Registered Users
    Chakra wrote:
    There are VERY few people who can wear shorts and look good in them. You have to have super, super skinny legs otherwise you have the whole "shorts getting bunched up between your legs thing" throwing the whole thing off. NOT a good look. Mini skirts are more flattering.

I know exactly what you mean, Chakra! This is the very reason that I only own one pair of shorts. In general, I like my legs, but skirts are MUCH more flattering, although I can't do mini skirts.
  • RainRain Posts: 217Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I hate wearing shorts. I'm petite but curvy and I don't think shorts flatter my figure at all. The bunching up thing between the thighs is not exactly attractive, as has been pointed out!

I am willing to wear short skirts only in colder weather because I don't like showing my legs in sunlight. They're about the same color as opaque white tights. Actually, I was wearing opaque white tights once upon a time, many years ago, and someone asked me why I wasn't wearing anything on my legs.... But I have good legs (just don't ask about the thighs, LOL) and don't mind showing the shape off while I still have it...so...tights.

So in summer, I prefer longer, calf-length, lightweight skirts. I feel they're more freeing than short skirts because I don't have to worry about whether or not I'm being ladylike. I'm okay with showing a little bare leg, I guess. Long skirts in summerweight fabrics aren't as hot as pants IMO. I like them with sandals but when I wear short skirts, I feel like I need boots. Must be the leg thing.
    3a/b, fine, lots of it
  • CsaracCsarac Posts: 861Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Nope, only short or knee length skirts or dresses.
    HG: Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee (always and forever)
    Cantu Naturals s & c (shampoo 1x a week), use conditioner as a co-wash every day and LI under my gel.

Air dry then diffuse canapy layers only for volume
    Coconut oil before/after coloring grays and on ends.

2b/c mix waves/curls - coarse, frizz prone, med. thick, porous, at-home color, protein sensitive but I still need it sometimes, glycerin-sensitive (I think) in high humidity. After 16 years on NC.com I FINALLY figured it out..

• guinnessguinness Posts: 351Registered Users
    only for running and that's it. i like skirts instead, they just look better on me. i live in phoenix where there is a year-round parade of shorts "heinous-ness" going on -- it's amazing how bad shorts can look.
  • leenieleenie Posts: 194Registered Users
    I'll wear skirts and capris, but not shorts. Well, I shouldn't say I never wear shorts, because I do around the house, but not out in public. My legs are thin and always very white. Growing up I was always made fun of for them, so now I avoid shorts or anything too short for comfort.

It's too bad, though. I figure some day I'll look back and think my legs looked just fine. Hmmm . . . shorts shopping anyone? :)
    "Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it" ~ Bill Cosby
    leenie wrote:
    It's too bad, though. I figure some day I'll look back and think my legs looked just fine. Hmmm . . . shorts shopping anyone? :)

Someday I'm going to go back in time to my college self and tell me to wear more cropped tops and strapless dresses. And go back in time to when I was 8 and tell my mom to not cut my hair off! :lol:
    Minneapolis, MN
  • Italiana87Italiana87 Posts: 5Registered Users
    I have a question for yall. I'll be starting college in the fall and I, like most of you ladies, don't like to wear shorts. I live in Houston, where its hot and humid most of the year, could I get away with wearing those light skirts to my classes next year, it seems to me like college kids nowadays are so casual.
  • mazeymazey Posts: 709Registered Users
    Italiana87 wrote:
    I have a question for yall. I'll be starting college in the fall and I, like most of you ladies, don't like to wear shorts. I live in Houston, where its hot and humid most of the year, could I get away with wearing those light skirts to my classes next year, it seems to me like college kids nowadays are so casual.

I always wore skirts instead of shorts in college (granted I am 28 and have been out of college for a bit). You can make a skirt casual. Pair it with some flip flops and casual shirt (fitted tee, tank top, etc..).
    Madonna getting upset with her daughter for dressing too slutty is like Mr. T getting upset with his son for pitying too many fools.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file