What are your plateaus like?

EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Registered Users Posts: 8,792 Curl Neophyte
How often do you hit a plateau, as in every how many pounds?

How long do they last?

Mine seem to be about every 3 lbs for around 2 weeks.

I don't know if that's normal or if it's my thyroid being a PITA.

Comments

• legette68legette68 Registered Users Posts: 216
    My plateaus are when I go down a dress size. For example last summer I was a 12 for months. Would not budge. Then I shaked up my exercise routine and went down a size. I stayed that size for another 6 months or so. But I was not satisfied with my results. So I started running on the treadmill as oppsed to walking and lifted heavier weights. It worked. Now I am a size 8. But have not reached my goal weight. I am 155 and 5'7". I want to lose at elast 5-10 more pounds. So I increased the miles that I run on the treadmill and added another set to what I was lifting now.
    I am down to my pre-pregnancy size but not my weight.
    Thick, coarse 3C hair:coffee:
    BC Feb 2009/ relaxer free since 06/08
    Second time around!

http://public.fotki.com/legette68
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Registered Users Posts: 8,449 Curl Connoisseur
    every 5-7 pounds or so.

if i go on a long, hot bike ride that usually breaks it. i did this today, so i'm a happy camper after weeks of not being able to shatter the >10 pounds lost barrier. :wink:

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Registered Users Posts: 2,954 Curl Connoisseur
    I usually plateau around 145 and then at 140. Last time, I never dropped below 135 but my size dropped thanks to weight lifting.

My goal right now is to just get down to 140.
  • EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Registered Users Posts: 8,792 Curl Neophyte
    So I've been stuck between approximately 181 & 184, for a month. I can gain or lose the 3 lbs in a day.

I can't get below 181.

Is it possible I've plateaued at my original heaviest weight from the mid to late 1990s & that's all the further my body will let me go?

I've shaken up my workouts & my diet, to a point, but my weight's just not budging.

I haven't gone overboard with the exercising though & maybe that's what I need to do?

I'm just afraid to try because of problems limiting my body; lower back pain, hip & knee pain, neck pain.

:?

ETA: OMG :cheers: Friday, Nov 9th I weighed 180.0!!! It only took like 6 weeks, I'm guessing. :roll: I guess my system was just stuck. Now if I can just keep going down!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file