such an A-H0Le

O d d i s y~O d d i s y~ Registered Users Posts: 1,042
This B&stard that works in my office told me about 3 times how much he hates my hair and he feels like he wants to burn it. today he came near my hair with a lighter ( no fire). It pissed me off , but i just ignored him nicely.
:angry5: angry9: :blob6:
Effing B&stard
And the end of the day , all you've got is yourself..:headbang:

Comments

• gekko422gekko422 Registered Users Posts: 4,869 Curl Connoisseur
    I would so report him to HR and your supv. That is completely unacceptable behavior bordering on psychopath!
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

You know why pandas are endangered? Cause pandas ain't got no game.

Jesus loves you, but I'm his favorite.
  • AmandacurlsAmandacurls Registered Users Posts: 6,252 Curl Neophyte
    Yes, report him to HR straight away. That is a hostile work environment, and they'll tell him to stop all his actions immediately.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    That's ASSAULT and it is a crime (at least in this country).
  • CurlyzooCurlyzoo Registered Users Posts: 148
    Wow! That is really creepy. I would definitely report him to Human Resources or a supervisor.
    3a bsl highlted hair ; mod CG since 6/4/07
    current favs: JC's HCC and GLS, B2B Pom Co (old form.), Alagio Crzy Crl Balm
    I work in an HR dept, so I know your complaint will be taken seriously. Do something about him, he needs to be stopped.
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    That is a violent threat and ITA borders on psychopathic. Report it to HR, tell his manager.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • cara4curlscara4curls Registered Users Posts: 336 Curl Neophyte
    YIKES!!! Report this guy! There's no need to take this kind of abuse in the workplace. He sounds seriously disturbed to say the least!!! And if nothing is done about it, get out of that job for your own safety!
    health-conscious, visionary artist in transition
  • keikokkeikok Banned Banned Users Posts: 585
    I cant believe that someone would have so much hatred for curly hair, or just hair in general. that's outrageous.
  • O d d i s y~O d d i s y~ Registered Users Posts: 1,042
    yeah but wont people think im such a sensitive woman ? This place is flocked with *his* people...
    :bounce:
    And the end of the day , all you've got is yourself..:headbang:
    Um no, they would not, and if they did you can then take further action, but go to HR directly, please! That's horrible what he did.
  • RozettaStoneRozettaStone Registered Users Posts: 698 Curl Connoisseur
    You really have to report this. And it should be handled by HR in confidence. Please tell them exactly what he has said and done and how it makes you feel and don't try to soft-pedal it for fear of looking "weak." He's hostile and making violent threats. If he does/says/hints at anything else or you notice anything else peculiar, be sure to report that, too. And always trust your instincts.

You should keep a log of all of this stuff, with dates, and also take notes on your discussion with HR. I hope he gets his ass fired.
    2-something? Coarse, medium underneath. Mid-back. On CG since 5/9/07.
    Washing COs: VO5 Blackberry, Suave Cherry
    Detangle and leave-in: Sally's GVP Conditioning Balm -- I found my HG CO!
    Seal with camellia oil
    Leave-in: Aura cherry almond
    Gels: Homemade FSG, Eco-styler
    Plus: SOTC or smooth with camellia oil, JC Nourish & Shine
    Homemade food-based DTs
    RC color
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    You should say something to HR. You don't deserve the harrassment and abuse (and that's just what it is). How many times is it he going to say before he does? And he has been thinking about it if he's gone so far as to bring out a lighter even if it was unlit.

Speckla
  • Botticelli VenusBotticelli Venus Registered Users Posts: 109
    Do you have a manager? Maybe try telling them first. If this guy IS the manager you have a problem...

Yes you should certainly report him. Be prepared he isn't gonna like it, but now they'll be watching him and he won't dare do anything again. You are better off telling them than not.

I complained about somebody I had to work closely with who kept asking me personal questions all day long and distracting me from my work. I did not do it in a mean way but told them very definitely it made me uncomfortable, and I didn't think anybody should be made to feel uncomfortable at work. It made her p.o.'d that I did it but I just ignored it and continued to be friendly with her, just not if she asked any more questions. She learned to stop it and when a new space opened up I got to move my desk away from her.

Problem solved.
    :wink:
    Julie Benz: "I really loved on Angel when we would do the flashbacks and I'd have the big, wild, messy long hair that was thick and full and that's how God meant for me to look."
  • ~GypsyCurls~~GypsyCurls~ Registered Users Posts: 351
    That's creepy. I know it may be uncomfortable but you need to do something. Good luck!
    2c/3a/3b curls, tailbone length, fairy tale ends
    Cleansers: V05 Co
    Conditioners: KMS Everyday, Dove Dry Oil Care

DT/Treats:Aphogee Protein Treat/Hemp/Argan Oil
    Leave-ins/Stylers: All HE Condish, Generic PM The Conditioner

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file