CurlTalk

Embarassing nipple question

sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
Over the past month or two, I've gradually phased out breastfeeding. I don't think DS has nursed at all for about a week now. Here's the question: My nipples have been super-itchy. They're a bit red and rashy looking too. Could this somehow be related to quitting breastfeeding? Or is it possibly something like thrush? Should I use lotion or something?
ehLB.jpg

Comments

• picklesgirlpicklesgirl Posts: 1,955Registered Users
    I wonder if it's like your nipples going back to normal you know like when a soar starts to heal and it's really itchy but I don't know I only breast fed for a few weeks with son number 1
  • geekygeeky Posts: 4,995Registered Users
    Never happened to me when I weaned. I say it's worth giving your doc a call.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    If they're itchy and burn-y feeling, it's probably a yeast overgrowth (thrush). Since you're no longer nursing, you could try just putting a little bit of Monistat cream on them. If it's yeast, they should start feeling better right away.
  • sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    There's no burny feeling, just itchy. It's been better the past day or two. I think I'll try to wait it out a little longer and see what happens; I got no time to go to the doctor.
    ehLB.jpg