Daily Growth Spritz

thinfinethinfine Posts: 82Registered Users
I modified the base recipe that I found on another hair website.

Daily Growth Spritz
8oz. aloe vera juice (I use George's "Always Active Aloe" as it doesn't require refrigeration)
2 drops each (rosemary, thyme, cedarwood, lavender essential oils)
1oz (2T) aloe vera gel (I use Lily of the Desert as it doesn't require refrigeration)
1oz (2T) conditioner
.5oz (2.5t) pure jojoba oil
.5oz (2.5t) vegetable glycerin
1 tsp MSM (I use Jarrow's OptiMSM)
shake well, use daily
CAUTION: DO NOT include the rosemary essential oil if you have high blood pressure.
thin, fine, 4a

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    This is to make your hair grow? Is it working for you?
  • thinfinethinfine Posts: 82Registered Users
    Yes, it is supposed to help with hair growth. Yes, I have noticed an improvement in the thickness of my thin areas (edges & sides). I started using the essential oils in my 'poo & conditioner about 4 months ago. Since I don't cleanse daily, I stopped using the oils in the poo and conditioner and started using the spray without the MSM, about two months ago. Recently, I saw a posting on nappturality about the successful use of sulphur mixed w/oil or MSM mixed w/liquid to create extra hair growth so I added the MSM to the spray. It's only been a few days since I added the MSM. It helps to massage the spray into the scalp of the thin areas. Please note that the essential oils may cause a tingling sensation when you massage it into the scalp. However, it should not burn. It is always wise to do a skin test of each essential oil and the MSM first.

Here are a few links to medical sites that supports the use of the essential oils for regrowth of hair.
    Randomized trial of aromatherapy. Successful treatment for alopecia areata.
    Department of Dermatology, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Foresterhill, Scotland.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=9828867

MedlinePlus Herbs and Supplements: Lavender (Lavandula ...
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=9828867

Recipe
    http://www.curezone.com/blogs/m.asp?f=235&i=4
    thin, fine, 4a
  • CuteCoilsCuteCoils Posts: 118Registered Users
    I have a good (short) one ...

Avocado oil (all the b vitamins- essential for strong growth)
    Rosemary oil (stimulates growth)
    Sage oil (stimulates growth)
    Olive oil (good for growth and cellular turnover)
    Organic Aloe vera gel (the edible one from lily of the desert)-optional
    Products and Books That Changed My Life!:

1. Goddess Hair & Skin Recipe Book
    by Jane Johnson (amazon.com)

2. Honey+Conditioner=The BestDang DT, Ever!

3. Aubrey Organics Rosa Mosqueta 'Poo&Cond.
    4. Hair Milk
  • SammySingallySammySingally Posts: 131Registered Users
    I have a good short one too:

Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    Rosemary oil (100% natural....homemade)
    Aloe vera gel (gotten fresh from the leaf, not a store-bought product)
    Things I use: Olive Oil, Canola oil, rosemary oil, aloe vera gel, shea butter, mayonnaise, eggs, milk, bananas

Everything I use is 100% natural. I make most of them myself because then I'm sure what's in it and I'm sure nothing's added, it's pure, it's natural.

Things I avoid: Mineral oil (codename: Baby oil), heat (I'm a total, no hair driers, no straighteners, no curling irons, no flat irons, no hot combs...nada), sodium chloride

Growing plan: At least 6 inches longer in a year.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file