Hip-Hop abs

tgreyztgreyz Registered Users Posts: 1,627
Has anyone seen these infomercials? www.beachbody.com But for three payments of $19.95 + shipping, No thank you. Wonder if they really work.
3b or 3c curls | My Fotki
combo2.gif________________________________________________

event.png

Comments

• luvmylocsluvmylocs Registered Users Posts: 7,578 Curl Neophyte
    i posted about this awhile back too. it looks interesting. i'd love to get the moves for myself but i agree...it's a little too much!
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • MeghuneyMeghuney Registered Users Posts: 4,263
    I have it, actually. My mother ordered it, never used it and gave it to me. It IS intense. I have to do it when Tyson isnt around though. The music used in questionable.

I.E. Doing moves to lyrics that go : "There's some HOE$ IN THIS HOUSE!!"
    does it work? do you notice a difference in your abs?
    Did it one time, girl. :laughing9: I heard that music and decided I'd have to do it when Tyson wasn't around. That doesn't happen very much. But since you mentioned it - I may start up again. I'll just wake up a bit early.
    well let me know if it's worth it. if i can take anything out of it to use in my classes i might get it. is the music too raunchy? what's up girl?
    luvmylocs wrote:
    well let me know if it's worth it. if i can take anything out of it to use in my classes i might get it. is the music too raunchy? what's up girl?

it was just that one song..and IT'S HARD! They do NOT start you off slow. They just jump right into it. I will probably do it tomorrow morning. I'll update.
  • natashamcknatashamck Registered Users Posts: 434
    I have it too.. it is pretty intense. I've only done it a few times.

I liked tae-bo and my pilates DVD's much better. Plus I found it hard to concentrate because I was laughing at the flaming dude teaching the routine... His little side comments about breaking it down in the club kept me entertained...
    mostly coarse texture, normal porosity... I think?
    HG: Generic Matrix Biolage, KCCC, KCKT, CBSS WSHP
    natashamck wrote:
    I have it too.. it is pretty intense. I've only done it a few times.

I liked tae-bo and my pilates DVD's much better. Plus I found it hard to concentrate because I was laughing at the flaming dude teaching the routine... His little side comments about breaking it down in the club kept me entertained...

what he's flaming? :wink: from the infomercial i was still undecided on his status....oh well.
  • natashamcknatashamck Registered Users Posts: 434
    luvmylocs wrote:
    what he's flaming? :wink: from the infomercial i was still undecided on his status....oh well.

Well, he conceals it pretty well until about halfway though the routine...
    Then when the ***** cat dolls music comes on, he's like "oohhhh, that's my SONG" LOL...

ETA: I wasn't trying to use bad language above... that's just the group name :)
    mostly coarse texture, normal porosity... I think?
    HG: Generic Matrix Biolage, KCCC, KCKT, CBSS WSHP
  • SnarlsSnarls Registered Users Posts: 2,537
    Sometimes you can find these at Target, in the fitness "as seen on TV" section...I think I've seen a boxed set. It's not where the DVDs are, it's usually at the end of the aisle that has yoga mats, free weights etc.

(I've never done HHA so nothing to say about that)
    formerly Castella
    (my dogs aren't snarly, my hair is)
    natashamck wrote:
    luvmylocs wrote:

Well, he conceals it pretty well until about halfway though the routine...
    Then when the &%$@#! cat dolls music comes on, he's like "oohhhh, that's my SONG" LOL...

i just bet it's his song...girl i'm laughing at work...i needed that!! :wink:

thanks castella...i do recall the as seen on tv videos you're talking about.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Banned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
    Damn infomercials at night & damn me for turning on the TV! lol

Any updates on this?

I bought this last night as a prezzie to myself. I'm not happy w/ my pooch [not my min schn either! lol] & prolly need it even moreso for a stress release. They were running a great deal w/ express shipping...

I'll keep y'all posted!
  • CurlywavesCurlywaves Registered Users Posts: 104
    I have the set, and it really worked when I used it regularly. I am NOT a dancer by any stretch of the imagination, but I didn't think any of the steps were too tough to learn.
    Baby fine 2c/3a...modified CG since 07/30/08 & lovin' it so far :toothy7:
    Thanks Curlywaves!
  • FullOfCurlsFullOfCurls Registered Users Posts: 47
    Check out www.beachbody.com

I was interested in getting the Hip Hop Abs, but instead I got Turbo Jam Maximum Results. I really enjoy the workout and have had great results with it. Plus I don't find the instructor, Chalene, over the top annoying like I find a lot of the instructors in fitness videos. That ended up being a huge bonus for me, so now I usually make a point of buying her vidoes and dvd's.

I am still thinking about trying out Hip Hop Abs, but I would rather buy one of the video's off of ebay to try it out before I buy the whole workout package.
    FOC...thanks for the info! I saw her when I went to their w/s, but, of course, that was after I already purchased HHA. grrr...

Anyway, I do like her routine, as well. Might do the opposite of what you want to & check out her stuff on ebay. I hope Shaun T is not too annoying... lol

I've been under the weather for the past 2 weeks...so much for starting this off in Dec..ugh, ah well...I haven't been eating much, though much healthier..now, I just need to tone up that tummy! :D
    FOC...would this be the rotation I would do on TJMR? Thanks!

Here are the schedules for TJ:
    Beginner:
    week one –
    Learn & Burn,
    Learn & Burn,
    20 minute,
    20 minute,
    then 3 rest days.

week two –
    20 minute,
    20 min, & Ab Jam,
    Cardio Party,
    20 min & Ab Jam,
    20 min.,
    then 2 rest days

week three –
    20 min and Ab Jam,
    Cardio PArty,
    Turbo Sculpt & Ab JAm,
    Cardio PArty,
    20 min & Ab Jam,
    then 2 rest days

week four –
    Cardio Party,
    Turbo sculpt & Ab Jam,
    20 min.,
    Cardio Party,
    Trubo Sculpt & Ab Jam,
    then 2 rest days

Advanced:

week one –
    Learn & Burn,
    20 minute,
    Cardio Party,
    20 minute,
    Cardio Party,
    then 2 rest days.

week two –
    Cardio Party,
    20 min, & Ab Jam,
    Cardio Party,
    20 min & Ab Jam,
    Cardio Party,
    then 2 rest days

week three –
    Cardio PArty,
    Turbo Sculpt,
    20 min. & Ab Jam,
    Turbo Sculpt,
    Cardio PArty,
    then 2 rest days

week four –
    Cardio Party,
    Turbo sculpt & Ab Jam,
    Cardio Party,
    Turbo Sculpt & Ab Jam,
    Cardio PArty,
    then 2 rest days
    Yes, that is the exact rotation mentioned in the guide. I didn't follow that or the eating plan they recommend for the first few days. I pretty much did the workouts I felt like, when I felt like doing them.
    It is worth running through the learn and burn first a couple times to get the moves and positions figured out. I also found it really easy to push myself hard in those workouts since all the kicking and punching can be kind of fun after a long day. I did see results pretty quickly to just by using one video a day! I didn't loose a lot of weight, but I built up muscle and lost several inches just after a couple weeks.
    I had also bought her series called Fat Burning Elite which can be found on beach body too.

I really like that series a lot. I actually like it better than the Maximum Results, but I really liked the weighted gloves for that came with the Maximum Results. They did wonders for toning my arms!
  • ruralcurlsruralcurls Registered Users Posts: 2,574
    I take calls for some of these products. :flower:

I have hha and Slim in 6. I am hoping to start in Jan. Hoping exercising will give me more energy.
    Thanks for all your great advice, FOC!
    I do have the weighted gloves, as well, so that will be a plus. I did end up finding TJMR on ebay for a steal, so, of course, had to get it :D
    After going back & looking at the comparison chart of the programs on BB w/s, I decided I will be starting w/ TJMR first.

g/l ruralcurls!
  • ruralcurlsruralcurls Registered Users Posts: 2,574
    I would like to get turbo jam, too. I didn't think to look on ebay. Thanks.
    You're welcome! :D
    FOC, do you think I need the Turbo Results Guidebook or no? Not sure what all the tabs are on it...
    TIA
    The guidebook gives you a few pointers on some of the proper positions for the moves, but if you have the learn and burn video then you can learn the correct moves there. I think that is the biggest part of the program. If you aren't doing the moves correctly, especially something called the tuck, then you don't work your abs as much.

They also have calorie consumption information, a workout plan, information about beverages and what you should drink (water) and a few recipes to support nutritition while you work out.

I have honestly not used by book at all, but I have a fairly strong background in nutrition and all that sort of stuff. I have thought about making the recipes in it, but there is way better information on the internet for nutrition, calorie consumption and all that sort of stuff. They do have a program set up that involves high protein and a workout guide to kickstart your first 10 days. A friend of mine used the kick start diet and followed the weekly plan. I just did my own thing (I worked out every day) and tried to eat healthier. We both got pretty close to the same results. Neither of us lost any weight to start with, but we both lost a lot of inches especially around the stomach region. I also gained a lot of muscle in the first month. Now that I am working on maintaining the plan and controling the calories with just using the support of those programs I have lost about 15 pounds. I find that the combination of the cardio, core excersizes and sculpting provided in those videos has been the perfect combination for me. I just try and eat more protein such as chicken and fish and eat more vegetables/salads and fruit.

I use the websites below to support my nutrition and weight loss goals, also to help me maintain a healthy calorie content. The second website is good for calorie information in foods. I believe they are both free to use, or at least the parts of them I use are free.

http://www.freedieting.com/

http://www.livestrong.com/

I hope that you have good luck with those video's. I started mixing them up with yoga and a bit of dance lately for variety. I also bought some of her other videos with the turbo jam in different series and I have been equally happy with them.
    Thanks for the wealth of info, FOC. I am hoping to get started today! I really want to lose those inches off the tummy, as well, & this is encouraging! :D I'm sooo excited! I only wish I could have gotten started on the 1st, ah well...It's all good 8-)
    so wilee did you ever use hha? i am thinking i want to get it. i work out and do pilates but i feel like i need something different to really shock my abs. is hha worth it?

eta: wow i just did a search and it seems like a lot of people had big issues with scamming after buying this for "3 easy payments"...hmm maybe i need to just do my own thing using some of his moves from the infomercial.
    S~ I have HHA, but am not using it currently. I'm starting w/ TJMR, then will do the HHA later.

You are welcome to use it/try it out/whatevah [lol!] to see if you like it. I think it would be a good investment. I've seen some a-m-a-z-i-n-g results on their w/s!

btw...I had no probs ordering online [I do that a lot, anyway!] & got everything as expected, no CC problems & fast shipping... :dontknow:
    S~ I have HHA, but am not using it currently. I'm starting w/ TJMR, then will do the HHA later.

You are welcome to use it/try it out/whatevah [lol!] to see if you like it. I think it would be a good investment. I've seen some a-m-a-z-i-n-g results on their w/s!

btw...I had no probs ordering online [I do that a lot, anyway!] & got everything as expected, no CC problems & fast shipping... :dontknow:

thanks girl!! i may get it because i really want to work on my abs...to get definition plus i like dance.

i did see on the site where people were reporting fraud stuff that it's best to order online instead of on the phone.
    good news. my mother bought these 3 months ago, doesn't use them and is going to let me borrow them!
    Great news, S~!
    LMK how you like it :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file