We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

one year with cg, before & after-see a difference? (pics

some pics of me before cg n after (about 1 year difference.) i had to cover my face in them because i looked horrible! well except the last one, it was my birthday n i actually looked nice but o well. its weird, i cant even remember how my hair was anymore without looking at pictures.
:afro:

5yrg503.jpg[/img]
-Amy
3a =] =]

Comments

• fluffywonderdoodlefluffywonderdoodle Posts: 316Registered Users
    WOW I love your hair! You can really tell a difference - your hair now is much much more defined, shiny, and curly! Good job. :cheers:
  • deADCURlydeADCURly Posts: 40Registered Users
    thanks!
    -Amy
    3a =] =]
  • YomYom Posts: 1,146Registered Users
    looking good! what's your routine?
    3A/B-ish BSL thick hair
    Modified CG since 08/10/2007
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FCurly-Y%2F" class="Popup (updated september 6)
    pw: currrly
  • asleep to audioasleep to audio Posts: 2,085Registered Users
    Wow! The difference is amazing! Your curls look beautiful! :)

CoN green, HE hello hydration, burt's bees super shiny condish, & KCCC.

mostly 3b, mod CG

Smiles are free, so give them away.

Celebrate we will, 'cause life is short but sweet, for certain.
  • curly52curly52 Posts: 351Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    your hair looks amazing, you can really see the difference :happy2:
    uk curly - 3a :toothy7:
  • MagooMagoo Posts: 2,173Registered Users
    Beautiful curls! Thanks for the pics they definitely give me more motivation to keep at it! :afro:
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
  • frazalifrazali Posts: 364Registered Users
    Gorgeous!
    Variation of 3B/3C curls.

Amazed that I finally found a method that works for my hair! Diffuse until 60-70% dry, then let air dry for about an hour. Scrunch and leave it alone!

NYC
  • beckysmabeckysma Posts: 241Registered Users
    Big difference! And I'll bet your face is pretty too!
    3b, fine, but LOTS of it...
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    amazing girl! I literally said "wow"
    3b-3c CG
  • rejoicingcurlygirlrejoicingcurlygirl Posts: 654Registered Users
    Amy
    your hair looks amazing! I would love to know your routine and what products you use!
    tia,
    amy s.
    3A; I have HG products!
    Curl enhancer: Mop-C curl cream
    DT: Deva Heaven in Hair; JC WDT
    Gel: B&A; Arc Angel
    Conditioner: Deva OneC; JC too shea
    Frizz fighters: CK, JCS C&S
    PW: curlynow
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    That's a really big difference. Your curls are so healty and defined now.

I think these before and afters are helpful for when folks are going through that awkward stage of just starting cg.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • 2happy2happy Posts: 5,138Registered Users
    Very nice!
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it.....Piss on it and walk away.
    Location - WI
  • DolphinCurlsDolphinCurls Posts: 370Registered Users
    Wow! Gorgeous perfectly defined curls! I love it!
    3A/2C combination of ringlets and waves :nike:
  • missy60missy60 Posts: 351Registered Users
    Wow that is totally amazing I am CG but I havent had that drastic a change. I would also like to know your routine although it probally wouldnt work for me because I can tell you have way thicker hair then I do.
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yeah, I literally said "wow" too. Your hair looks wonderful. What's your routine/products?
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • BrioBrio Posts: 1,432Registered Users
    That's amazing. Your hair is beautiful.

Just like everyone else, I want to know what you are doing now, but, out of curiosity, I would also like to know what you did before.

This clown really has not purpose. I just want to play with the emoticons. :clown:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
  • DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Posts: 2,729Registered Users
    That's a MAJOR difference and improvement! Gorgeous curls :)
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
  • b0ricubanab0ricubana Posts: 125Registered Users
    AMAZING! I agree with everyone else on here... Your hair has changed alot! N it looks soo much better...
    I'm also curious to know what products you use and your routine... :bounce:
    type 3a hair. started the 'CG' routine on 06.12.07 the day of my very 1st 'Deva' cut ;D
    Currently using all Devacare products...
    ALSO Addicted to:
    Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Condish
    Tigi Catwalk Oatmeal and Honey Condish
    HEBE Set me up
  • onegirlarmyonegirlarmy Posts: 90Registered Users
    Definately a big difference!!! You're hair is gorgeous...I too am curious about your routine.
  • neonrainbowneonrainbow Posts: 41Registered Users
    Wow, a definite improvement. It looks amazing!
  • JaxieJaxie Posts: 1,282Registered Users
    your curls look so wonderful and amazing! So touchably soft looking and defined! What is your routine??
    2c or 3a Cut most of my hair off in July '12 and am working on regrowing it.
  • jedimindtricksjedimindtricks Posts: 260Registered Users
    Is that frizz around your hair or Flyaways or new hair? Like the single hairs that are poking out? I am wondering because I have the same thing, and I cant figure out what it is.
  • Ashkins1118Ashkins1118 Posts: 786Registered Users
    Beautiful!
    Super Thick corkscrews and waves. LOVE Elucence MBC, Giovanni 50/50 condish, Qhemet Products, V05 Calming Chamomile Tea Therapy condish, Jessicurl WDT. These are my official HG's that I love oh so much
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2FCurlypad%3Ffeature%3Dmhum" class="Popup

comic-p.jpg
  • RozettaStoneRozettaStone Posts: 695Registered Users
    Literally, I said, "Oh My God" out loud when I saw your pictures. Gorgeous shiny curls & ringlets! I'm so jealous [insert green-with-envy emoticon, which I can't locate].
    Brio wrote:

Just like everyone else, I want to know what you are doing now, but, out of curiosity, I would also like to know what you did before.

Brio beat me to it -- I want to know your old AND your new routine, please! C'mon, DeadCurly, SPILL IT! :wink:
    2-something? Coarse, medium underneath. Mid-back. On CG since 5/9/07.
    Washing COs: VO5 Blackberry, Suave Cherry
    Detangle and leave-in: Sally's GVP Conditioning Balm -- I found my HG CO!
    Seal with camellia oil
    Leave-in: Aura cherry almond
    Gels: Homemade FSG, Eco-styler
    Plus: SOTC or smooth with camellia oil, JC Nourish & Shine
    Homemade food-based DTs
    RC color
  • Brown_Eyed_GirlBrown_Eyed_Girl Posts: 1,353Registered Users
    Wow! This gives me hope...
  • CurlyzooCurlyzoo Posts: 148Registered Users
    Wow! What gorgeous curls! Please tell us your before and after routines. :cheese:
    3a bsl highlted hair ; mod CG since 6/4/07
    current favs: JC's HCC and GLS, B2B Pom Co (old form.), Alagio Crzy Crl Balm
    well before i didnt really know anything, i washed my hair with shampoo but i used alot of conditioner, and i put my products in when my hair was completely dry and poofed out, i only used some crappy gel that promised perfect "frizz free" curls (probably with silicones) i didnt comb my hair tho, it jus looks like i did. the funny thing is that i actually thought i was having a good hair day in my before pictures!!

now my routine isnt much different than all the curly girls on the forums are doing. but i always make sure i massage my scalp with tea tree oil or coconut oil (only a little) rite before i shower.
    in the shower i rinse my hair first with warm water i dont touch it i jus stand under the shower head like it says in the cg book. then i take about three quarter size amounts of conditioner and smooth it on my hair on the ends first then everywhere else. after that i flip my hair over and i rinse out all the conditioner with really cold water (upside down.) when all the conditioner is out i take some leave in conditioner (garnier) and i sort of smooth it on cept i make sure i dont do it hard enough to loosen my curls. then i take half a handful of curl activator gel and scruch it in, since i put my leave in when my hair was soaking wet when i scrunch it all the water comes out. i scrunch like crazy while my hair is still upside down then i take a t-shirt or paper towel and scrunch all the water out. then i diffuse upside down w/ a bowl diffuser (i spend alot of time with my head facing the floor) sometimes i scrunch a few times when my hair is being diffused, but then i stop completely and just diffuse until my hair is almost all dry(i cant stand my hair being half dry and half wet =].) at the end i press the cool air button so my hair sets. then i flip my hair up again. i jus piece off where i want my curls to be and..thats it!

i really dont think my routine is all that special i think that you just have to be patient and consistent. i tried a million different routines, and i still try different things, most of which i learn from these forums =] =].

btw thanks for the compliments!
    -Amy
    3a =] =]
    jedimindtricks, i have a little frizz, but most of them is just my hair poking out because i have layers i guess (???) i kind of like it tho
    -Amy
    3a =] =]
  • stefathenastefathena Posts: 450Registered Users
    holy crap, that's a huge difference. and BEAUTIFUL HAIR. wow.

i love this guy --> :afro:
    new york city

barack the vote!
  • texasgal71texasgal71 Posts: 67Registered Users
    Holy ringlets Batman!

I was also in "awe" of your change - you should be proud of all your hard work and patience - it has TOTALLY paid off.

I wonder if I can even get that curly? My pre-CG routine hair looked like your pre-CG routine hair - but I am not even remotely close to your current look. It is simply beautiful.

What condish do you use? Which Garnier leave in? And what curl enhancing creme do you use - if you dont mind me asking? I already scrunch and scrunch and do the totally upside down thing/cool water/cool shot on the dryer when I diffuse.....

Also what is your hair type?

THANKS!
    texasgal71
    very fine hair-daily humidity battle
    2B so far, wash daily w/gentle poo, clarify wkly
    Current faves: EMBC, Mop C poo, LOOB, Recoil, CK, HE BE gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file