BC's "Come One, Come All" Fitness & Diet Log

badgercurlsbadgercurls Registered Users Posts: 3,077
I decided to start a fitness log here to keep myself motivated and accountable. I started doing cardio and strength training about 3 weeks ago and I'm already seeing great results. I've lost 1" off my waist and 2" off my hips! I think that's my sign that my body wants to be smaller and fitter.

My fitness plan is:
Nutrition:
*Try to eat between 1500-1800 calories a day, but don't get too obsessive about it.
*Eat more protein and fat, eat fewer "empty" carbs. (Not low-carb by any means, but less cake, cookies, etc!)
*Eat at least 30 grams of fiber a day.
*Drink 64+ ounces of water a day
*Cut down to 1 Diet Soda a day MAX.

Exercise:
*Cardio 6x/week:
-Couch to 5k running program 3 days/week on the treadmill
-Yoga, swimming, walking, or other lower impact cardio on 3 other days/week.
*Strength train using HST program three days a week.

Goals:
*Be able to wear a cute, sexy Halloween costume.
*Look and feel my best on my 25th birthday (end of December).
*Stay looking good for my best friend's wedding in May 2008.

Comments

• badgercurlsbadgercurls Registered Users Posts: 3,077
    I think I jinxed myself by starting this today... :brilsmurf: I ended up with a upset stomach due to something I ate (turkey sausage?) but stupidly thought it'd be okay to do some cardio anyway. I did 20 minutes walking fast on the treadmill with intervals. I made it, but afterward I felt awful. Lesson learned: no cardio with stomach flu symptoms!
    Yesterday, I did 30 minutes of fast walking with incline intervals on the treadmill and did my strength training routine in the morning. For the first time ever, I'm noticing that my arms are getting a definite "shape" to them, instead of just being roundish. I could see the muscles working yesterday when I was doing curls and tricep kickbacks. :)

I decided to make today my day off from cardio because I had dental work done yesterday afternoon and I'm feeling kind of lousy today. Back to working out tomorrow, hopefully!
    Worked out again today, but not for as long as I wanted to do it. I was hoping to walk/jog on the treadmill for at least 30 minutes and strength train, but after 15 minutes of walking I was very winded and could hardly breathe, so I quit. At least I got a little workout in! I'm taking Benadryl before I go to bed, so hopefully, my allergies will be better tomorrow.
  • stefathenastefathena Registered Users Posts: 450
    you're helping me get motivated!
    new york city

barack the vote!
    Aw, thanks! It was really hard for me to get motivated at first, but now it's become a habit so it's easier to get myself into the gym in the morning!

BTW, your hair is awesome! Speaking of motivation, it's motivating me to try CG again!
    I did 35 minutes of yoga tonight. I did the 15 minute Yogamazing podcast for butt & thighs and the 20 minute one for hips. My legs and hips have been really tight, so hopefully this will help stretch them.
    The kitties woke me up early this morning (6:30 on a Saturday :cat:) and I couldn't get back to sleep. I was kind of stiff, so I did 25 minutes of "morning" yoga from Yogamazing then hit the fitness center and did strength training and 20 minutes of intervals on the treadmill.
    I worked all day yesterday - 8 am to 6 pm - and was exhausted by the time I got home, so I didn't work out. I did do 3 sets of 15 crunches, reverse crunches, and back bends at work though. Boy did my abs feel it!

Today, I did my strength training and I'm really surprised that I can actually do it! The program I'm using involves adding a little weight each day, so today I did 2 sets of 15 reps of: curls (8 lbs), tricep kickbacks (5 lbs), deadlifts (12 lbs), chest press (20 lbs) and leg press (40 lbs).

I also used the treadmill for 20 minutes. I tried "high intensity interval training" (HIIT), which I read about here and on spark. I warmed up by walking for 5 minutes, sprinted for 1 minute, walked fast for 4, and repeated the sprint/walk again, then cooled down for 5 minutes. The sprinting really kicked my butt, but it was fun! I pretended I was running away from a tornado. LOL!

ETA: Meg inspired me to add my food log for the day. I've eaten:

Breakfast:
    Fiber One Honey Clusters cereal, skim milk, OJ

Lunch:
    Smoothie with protein powder

Snack:
    Almond, cranberry, raisin trail mix

Dinner:
    Big salad with one cubed grilled chicken breast, 5 sliced strawberries, 1 tbsp Newman's Own Light Raspberry Walnut dressing

Snack:
    Butter pecan ice cream

Total, that's 1,276 cals, 172 g carbs, 31 g fiber, 29 g fat, 81g protein. I am trying to stay around 1600-1800 calories/day because I'm doing strength training, so I will probably add another high protein snack.
    I am a little concerned because I still haven't lost any weight, but I continue to lose inches and my pants are all getting big, so I am going to try not to worry about it. I can see a lot of definition in my thighs, arms, and shoulders, so it really might be that I'm building muscle and therefore not losing pounds (but losing fat).

I measured myself today, and I'm down 1.5" off my hips and .5" off my butt since last week. No wonder the pants aren't fitting!

And to really keep myself on track, I'm going to post my measurements each week here (yikes!).

Starting (7/22):
    Waist: 30
    Hips: 38
    Butt: 41
    Chest: 36

Last week (8/13):
    Waist: 29
    Hips: 36.5
    Butt: 38.5
    Upper arm: 13
    Thigh: 23

This week:
    Hips: 35
    Butt: 38
  • MeghuneyMeghuney Registered Users Posts: 4,263
    I am a little concerned because I still haven't lost any weight, but I continue to lose inches and my pants are all getting big, so I am going to try not to worry about it. I can see a lot of definition in my thighs, arms, and shoulders, so it really might be that I'm building muscle and therefore not losing pounds (but losing fat).

I measured myself today, and I'm down 1.5" off my hips and .5" off my butt since last week. No wonder the pants aren't fitting!

And to really keep myself on track, I'm going to post my measurements each week here (yikes!).

Starting (7/22):
    Waist: 30
    Hips: 38
    Butt: 41

Last week (8/13):
    Hips: 36.5
    Butt: 38.5

This week:
    Hips: 35
    Butt: 38

That's AWESOME! I can't wait until I get to that point!!!

Here goes my daily menu! I followed yesterday's to the T!

Breakfast: 1/2 cup egg substitute, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions & bell peppers (1 pt.), slice whole wheat toast (0.5 pts) and a glass of 1% milk (2.5 points)

Lunch: Lean Cuisine Mushroom Pizza (7 pts), homemade stuffed mushrooms w/laughing cow cheese & fat free cheddar (2 pts) & cucumbers in vinegar (0 pts)

Snack: fat-free pudding (2 pts)

Dinner: Roasted Garlic Chicken Breast (3 pts) over whole wheat pasta (3 pts) and marinara sauce (1 pt.) with veggies.

Points: 22 pts out of 20 pts. (minus 2 Flex Points for the week)

I want to do some walking today when I get home if it isn't raining.
    Meg, your food plan for today sounds awesome. Lots of veggies and flavor! Is the Lean Cuisine pizza good? I saw it the other day and was tempted, but I ended up buying a crappy South Beach Diet Szechuan pork meal instead (way too salty).
    Meg, your food plan for today sounds awesome. Lots of veggies and flavor! Is the Lean Cuisine pizza good? I saw it the other day and was tempted, but I ended up buying a crappy South Beach Diet Szechuan pork meal instead (way too salty).

Yes, it was DELICIOUS! Instead of a pizza sauce, it had a creamy mushroom sauce on it. I couldn't even EAT all that food! Instead of eating it all, once I felt like I wasnt hungry anymore, I put the rest away and I'll eat that for a snack instead of the pudding so that way I won't be using up 2 extra points for a snack. It will still count as the original 9 I'd planned.

I haven't enjoyed the South Beach frozen foods. They had a breakfast wrap once that was HORRIBLE.
    Meg, I'll have to try that! I'll be much more crunched for time once school starts, so I'm going to try to stock up on frozen meals for nights I don't feel like cooking.

I did 30 minutes on the treadmill today and burned 190 calories.

My food plan for today:

Breakfast:
    Kashi Cinnamon Harvest cereal (sooo good)
    Skim milk
    OJ

Lunch:
    Big salad with strawberries and Newman's Own Light Raspberry Walnut dressing
    2 egg omelet with Mexican cheese

Dinner:
    Burrito with: grilled chicken breast, black beans, corn, salsa, and Mexican cheese

Snacks:
    Fiber one honey clusters with vanilla yogurt
    Cranberry-almond-sunflower seed trail mix

Total should be: 1,426 calories, 175 g carbs, 33 g fiber, 47 g fat, 90g protein
    Your food listing with the Mexican omelette made me want one for dinner! So that's what I'm having!! Here's my day plan:

Breakfast: Kashi hot cereal (2 pts), 1% milk (2 pts.)

Snack: Fat Free Pudding (2 pts.)

Lunch: "Mock cheesesteak" -1 serving of deli low-fat roast beef cooked in a pan with fat free butter spray, onions, bell peppers, mushrooms and a splash of hot sauce and a sprinkling of fat-free cheese on 2 slices light wheat bread - (3 pts.)

Snack: Homemade stuffed mushrooms w/Light Laughing Cow cheese & fat free shredded cheese (2 pts)

Dinner: Mexican Omelette made with veggies & egg substitute, fat free cheese, fat free sour cream and salsa (4 pts)

15 pts/20 pts.

I went over yesterday. I had a bad day and instead of the chicken pasta, I ate nachos with fat free beans, fat free cheese on light tortilla chips with sour cream and salsa. 10 pts. and it put me over by 5. But I'm going to make a save today! :happy2:

I need to walk. Someone please MAKE ME!
    Ooooh, your mock cheesesteak sounds so good. I think I will have to try that sometime soon. :)
    Ooooh, your mock cheesesteak sounds so good. I think I will have to try that sometime soon. :)

Girl, it's the BOMB! I swear it's so good. I often use light string cheese on it too to get the real LOOK of a cheesesteak. :laughing9:
    I may have to go out and buy the fixings for that cheesesteak tonight! I haven't decided yet what I am going to have for dinner, so the option is still open. Hehe. If not tonight, sometime soon! I love love love cheesesteak!

So far, today's been a good day. I did my strength training routine and 25 minutes speed walking with incline intervals on the treadmill. I can really feel that in my legs!

I've eaten:

Breakfast:
    Fiber One Honey Clusters with skim milk and a glass of OJ

Lunch:
    Black beans mixed with salsa, brown rice, and Mexican cheese (so filling and good)
    Vanilla Coke Zero (my indulgence... I only get a Diet Soda if I drink extra water!)

Snack:
    Sliced strawberries with light whipped cream and crushed peanuts on top. The salty-sweet combination really worked for me.
    I may have to go out and buy the fixings for that cheesesteak tonight! I haven't decided yet what I am going to have for dinner, so the option is still open. Hehe. If not tonight, sometime soon! I love love love cheesesteak!

So far, today's been a good day. I did my strength training routine and 25 minutes speed walking with incline intervals on the treadmill. I can really feel that in my legs!

I've eaten:

Breakfast:
    Fiber One Honey Clusters with skim milk and a glass of OJ

Lunch:
    Black beans mixed with salsa, brown rice, and Mexican cheese (so filling and good)Vanilla Coke Zero (my indulgence... I only get a Diet Soda if I drink extra water!)

I've added the ingredients for that to my grocery list. I think I'll add some corn.
    Meghuney wrote:
    I've added the ingredients for that to my grocery list. I think I'll add some corn.

It's really good with corn! I'm out of corn right now and so disappointed. My salsa had a little corn in it, though, so it wasn't too bad! I made mine in the microwave, but my mom sometimes makes something similar in a casserole dish and the cheese gets all bubbly on top.

I also added my snack to my earlier post. Still not so sure about dinner. It just started pouring rain, so it'll probably be something out of the freezer.
    you girls are totally helping me keep on track of my diet and exercise. today was my day off from the gym (i can barely walk up steps after doing lunges yesterday,) but don't mind if i join in on your little journal you got going on here very soon.
    new york city

barack the vote!
    The more the merrier, stephathena! Knowing that I'm going to post here helps me keep myself on track. :) I know what you mean about lunges. I once went very overboard on them during my freshman year of college and literally fell over while trying to get to the phone because my leg gave out from under me. LOL! I

As for me, I decided to have a "cheat" day because I was starving all day (major PMS), but I only went about 150 calories over my maximum even with "cheating" by eating Reeces Pieces and Chex mix. Yay! I thought for sure I'd be waaaaay over.

One more fun milestone today: I put on a tank top I bought a few weeks ago to wear under another shirt. At the time, it was pretty tight in the stomach, but it matched the other shirt so I still bought it, figuring no one would see it under the other shirt. Well, I'm swimming in it today! I didn't realize I'd lost this much off my stomach already, but wow.
    I'm so glad you have this thread BadgerCurls!! I did extremely well yesterday. I slipped up once and had a string cheese for 2 pts. but it still didn't put me over. I'm still within my points allowance for daily and flex points. Here's my plan for today!

Breakfast: Smoothie with 1/2 cup 1% milk, a few strawberries and pineapple peices (2 pts.) and a banana (2 pts.)

Snack: Sugar free Mocha Coffee Jello Pudding (1 pt.)

Lunch: Salad with tomatoes, lettuce, cucumber, mushrooms, fat free shredded cheese (1 pt.), lump crab meat (2 pts.) and fat free ranch dressing (1 pt.)

Snack: That durn pudding again! I LOVE pudding (1 pt.)

Dinner: Two mexican- seasoned non-breaded chicken tenders (2 pts) shredded in 2 whole wheat tortillas (4 pts.) with lettuce, tomato, a sprinkle of shredded fat-free cheese ( 0.5 pt), fat free sour cream (0.5 pt.) and salsa

17 pts/20 pts.

I'm realizing that I'm really not using up very many of my flex points at all. I'll probably just save them for the alchohol I plan on consuming during my girls' night out Friday night! :happy2:

ETA: And I'm learning what works for me and what doesn't. Today I just had that small smoothie and a banana at about 7 a.m. Right now, It's 8:30 a.m. and I'm ALREADY getting hungry. Obviously I need something more in the morning to make it through the day. I'm going to ride it out though, to the best of my ability.

ETA2: Yeah, I can't do this. I'm going to eat a bowl of 2 pt. oatmeal. At least I learned my lesson. Never eat just fruit for breakfast.
    I'm the same way with breakfast. I need some protein, too, or else I'm starving by mid-morning. Speaking of breakfast, I woke up late so I had a decadent brunch instead of breakfast:

2 scrambled eggs, 3 pieces of bacon, 1 slice of whole grain toast with jam, glass of OJ

It was really filling and I feel like I'm cheating, but it was only 440 calories total, which is less than I usually eat for breakfast/lunch combined.

I haven't decided what else to eat today. My bf has the day off, so we may go out for dinner. I love that most chain restaurants (and some of the local ones, too) have nutrition info online now. It makes eating out so much easier.
    I decided to try "calorie cycling" where I eat more calories on the days I work out and fewer on the days I don't; it all averages out to the amount I should eat per week (11,900 cal/week). I've been doing that sort of unofficially all along, but this will hopefully keep me more on track.

EDITED, because I changed around my fitness routine a bit and because I discovered I'm out of some of the things I was going to eat. D'oh!

So for today, I'm supposed to eat ~1600 calories because I'm doing cardio (25 minutes). (Actually did 35! I got engrossed in Law & Order LOL!)

My plan for today:

Breakfast:
    Trader Joe's Heart Healthy Cranberry Oatmeal (160 cal)

Post-Workout Smoothie:
    Raspberries, cranberry-pomegranate juice, protein powder (~250 cal)

Lunch:
    Light Flat Out Wrap with grilled breast, sliced apples, laughing cow cheese (~400)

Dinner:
    Black beans with chicken sausage, cooked in olive oil (~520 cal)

Snacks:
    Trail mix w/ almonds, cranberries, sunflower seeds (150)
    CHEX mix (120)

Total: 1585 cal (176 g carb, 46g fiber, 45g fat, 116g protein)
    yay! here i am! this is how my day went.

----
    breakfast: cup of cheerios. 1% milk. banana.

lunch: tuna fish with tomatoes and a little mayo (i can't live without it!!!) on 2 slices of wheat toast.

dinner: my boyfriend and i split a small brick oven pizza. he wanted pepperoni. i couldn't say no.

late night snack: a can of PEPSI. gahHHHhH!
    ----

so i cheated a lot today, and i don't know what all that adds up to calorie-wise because that pizza could have been kinda healthy or just really not healthy at all! it was delicious, so i'm assuming it was clogging my pores with each bite.

i forced myself to go to the gym today. i was really dreading it so bad. i did 30 min on the elliptical and only burned like 100 calories. i was working my butt and calves the most on it, because my quadriceps are still aching from my lunges on tuesday. then i worked out my biceps, triceps, and i used the hip abduction/adduction (my boyfriend calls it the sex machines.)

this is fun!!! but i'm going away for the weekend, i bet i'm going to make my week of exercise fly out the window.
    new york city

barack the vote!
    I'm glad to see our newcomer! :love1:

Today:

Breakfast: Kashi hot cereal ( 2 pts. man, that stuff is FILLING!), half of a banana, sliced (1 pt.) and half a cup of 1% milk (1 pt.). I'd planned on drinking a full glass but I just realized I was satisfied and "full" before I was done so I stopped.

Snack: Fruit roll up (1 pt.)

Lunch: SUSHI! I've been craving it. I'll probably just get one or two California rolls and a lot of veggie rolls. I am going to give myself 9 pts. for that. AND I'll be eating cucumbers in vinegar with it!

Snack: Sugar free pudding (1 pt.)

Dinner: Shrimp (1 pt.) in marinara sauce (1 pt.) and veggies over whole wheat pasta (3 pts.)

20 pts./20 pts

I'm using my flexies I've saved up tonight on alky-hall! We're going out!
    Yay! Glad to see you Stephathena. :) I would have cheated for brick oven pizza, too.

Meg - have fun tonight! Sounds like fun!

I updated my plan for today because I have learned that figuring things out at 1 am when I can't sleep is not a good idea. I was out of like half of what I planned to eat. LOL!

I also came up with a schedule for myself for workouts and calories, so that when school starts in a week and a half, I will be able to stay on track. I'm putting it here so I can look at it even if I don't have my laptop with me.

SUNDAYS: 1600 calories/25 minutes cardio/abs

MONDAYS: 1400 calories/no workout (I'll be on campus from 9am-9pm on Mondays - yuck!)

TUESDAYS: 1800 calories/25 minutes cardio/upper & lower body strength training

WEDNESDAYS: 1700 calories/45 minutes cardio class on campus/abs

THURSDAYS: 1800 calories/25 minutes cardio/upper & lower body strength

FRIDAYS: 1600 calories/25 minutes cardio/abs

SATURDAYS: 2000 calories (tailgaiting day!)/25 minutes cardio/upper & lower body strength
    Let's hear it for SATURDAYS!!!!! :happy2:
    Meghuney wrote:
    Let's hear it for SATURDAYS!!!!! :happy2:
    Woohoo! I love Saturdays! (Except tomorrow - I have to work. Boo.) On home football Saturdays, my grandparents and a group of my aunts/uncles/cousins come up and tailgate at their RV before and after the game. And they bring all sorts of goodies - quiche, coffee cake, brownies, chips, beer... So I built in extra calories so I'm not setting myself up for failure - but in exchange, I'm gonna make myself WORK for those calories.
    Yeah, so I totally went off track yesterday. I ended up eating too much sushi, and then said screw it and ate a few mini-rice cakes with peanut butter. I had boiled crab and shrimp for dinner AND more sushi. At least I didn't pig out on cheeseburgers and fries, I guess. But I had to write about it here to feel accountable.

I'm going to try to behave myself today. But I AM getting more sushi. I'm on a sushi kick right now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file