CurlTalk

Who's Your Favorite TV Dad?

~curlyfry~~curlyfry~ Posts: 26Registered Users
I'd have to say mine is Cliff Huxtable. He is so hilarious and he really cares about his wife and kids.
3b. Tight, brown corkscrew ringlets; down to the middle of my back with sideswept bangs that I "straighten" by tucking behind my ear while drying. :wink:
College freshman and hair product junkie. Not a good combo! haha!
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• lalalalalala Posts: 17Registered Users
    Caleb Nichols (The OC) :lol:
    He's a great dad
    Wavy, but hair is growing out and is super short right now
    2 something
    fine texture, normal/high porosity

Currently using
    Shampoo - deva low poo, Conditioner - deva one
    Gel - Angel, Believe in Conditioner
  • PortaePortae Posts: 337Registered Users
    Other: Dan Connor (John Goodman) from Roseanne.
  • alguma pessoaalguma pessoa Posts: 619Registered Users
    I voted Cliff but I also like Ward from Leave it to Beaver.
    We're all born mad. Some remain so.

br-flag1.gif
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    Definitely Cliff.

The Cosby Show and The Wonder Years are the only tv shows I remember sitting down with my family and watching as a family, and I always wanted my dad to be that cool and funny. (Now that I'm older, I realize he is in his own way!)
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
    Voted Phillip Banks.
    Dad from Step by Step is a close second.
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
  • geekygeeky Posts: 4,995Registered Users
    KOTHC8.gif
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • CanItBeChristineCanItBeChristine Posts: 6,343Registered Users
    Charles Ingalls...Little House on the Prairie :)

And Arthur from The King of Queens...Jerry Stiller cracks me up :lol:
  • browneyedgirl27browneyedgirl27 Posts: 10Registered Users
    Howard Cunningham from Happy Days!
    3a, brunette, long, medium thickness.
  • browneyedgirl27browneyedgirl27 Posts: 10Registered Users
    Howard Cunningham from Happy Days!
    3a, brunette, long, medium thickness.
  • fig jamfig jam Posts: 2,555Registered Users
    My favorite TV dad isn't here -- Jim Anderson (Robert Young) from the old "Father Knows Best" show. He was kind of goofy but seemed like a gentle and loving dad. I was kind of scared of Ward Cleaver!

Actually I just want to get closer to Bud . . . . :twisted:
    "Tell me, are you incapable of restraining yourself, or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?"

"Honey Badger don't care!"
  • mandyvmandyv Posts: 2,437Registered Users
    mine neither, fig jam. Mine is Eddie's father (Bill Bixby) in The Courtship of Eddie's Father, but of those listed, definitely Andy Griffith. Love his downhome common sense and laid back attitude and he didn't pretend to be perfect and he dated women. Just like my dad.
    3c
    Poo: KBB shampoo bar or Shikai moisturizing shampoo
    CoWash: VO5 kiwi
    Cond: Robert Craig, Tresemme Natural, or Fekkai Shea Butter
    Leave in/Styling: Grapeseed oil, KBB milk, KCCC, and Aveda Confixor
  • fig jamfig jam Posts: 2,555Registered Users
    Not to mention Bill Bixby was kind of hot! I'd forgotten about him. (Wait, "hot" and "dad" . . . not the mix we're looking for! Sorry!)
    "Tell me, are you incapable of restraining yourself, or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?"

"Honey Badger don't care!"
    Yeah, I did have a crush on him. Andy too. :)
    3c
  • roseannadanaroseannadana Posts: 5,632Registered Users
    Uncle Bill from Family Affair, the bachelor uncle with a soft heart who took in his brother's three orphaned children. swoon.gif

I was born to be a pessimist. My blood type is B Negative.
    Uncle Bill from Family Affair, the bachelor uncle with a soft heart who took in his brother's three orphaned children. swoon.gif

Yes!!
    3c
  • kurlykittykurlykitty Posts: 162Registered Users
    Toss up between Homer Simpson and Q, from ST: Voyager. :lol:

q2.jpg
    "Beware the man of one book." --Latin proverb
  • EliciaElicia Posts: 881Registered Users
    Charles Ingalls or ward clever
  • CricketCricket Posts: 205Registered Users
    I voted other:
    I always wanted to be one of the Waltons, so I would vote for John Walton, my second pick would be Charles Ingalls from Little House..
  • TinkerBell_182TinkerBell_182 Posts: 3Registered Users
    I voted for Cliff. I was going to say Phil from Fresh Prince or Danny from Full House, but Bob Saget hit on my cousin's girlfriend (who is 20 and looks even younger) when he was really smashed and I just can't think of him the same now. Ewww. :oops:

I love Mr. Huxtable: I always thought he'd be a cool dad to have in real life. :)
    "...if we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin." Ivan Turgenev
    Ok, it's bugging me....was Cliff a doctor? I was thinking he was a doctor and his wife was a lawyer, but don't remember for sure!
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

Yes, Cliff is an OB-GYN. I think Claire is a partner at her law firm. Remember John Ritter as a nervous father-to-be?
    3c
  • alguma pessoaalguma pessoa Posts: 619Registered Users
    NetG wrote:
    Ok, it's bugging me....was Cliff a doctor? I was thinking he was a doctor and his wife was a lawyer, but don't remember for sure!
    Yep that is right and they were always home LOL. My friend's father is also an OB-GYN and he is hardly home. I went to her house and asked why there are few pictures with her father in it and she said it was because there were very few times he was there when she was growing up :? .

I always wanted Cliff to be my dad (but I still love my daddy) so he would let me go to the Village (I thought that was the it place to be :roll: ) LOL.
    We're all born mad. Some remain so.

br-flag1.gif
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    Other: Charles Ingalls.
    cehua wrote:
    NetG wrote:
    Yep that is right and they were always home LOL. My friend's father is also an OB-GYN and he is hardly home. I went to her house and asked why there are few pictures with her father in it and she said it was because there were very few times he was there when she was growing up :? .

I always wanted Cliff to be my dad (but I still love my daddy) so he would let me go to the Village (I thought that was the it place to be :roll: ) LOL.

Funny, isn't it, how easy life is for hard professions when they're just on tv? :lol:

Thanks cehua and mandyv. I've said it before, and I'll say it again-my memory's garbage!
    -Speckla