CurlTalk

looking for a gel that's easy to distribute

I have problems getting gel distributed evenly without having some sections with too much, others with not enough, etc. I need a gel that's easy to do this with even when I am half asleep early in the morning but that still has medium to firm hold. Ideally, I would like to be able to find it at a drugstore or health food store. Thanks in advance!
2c who can't seem to find enough moisture! Trying to figure this out once and for all 7 years after going CG!

Comments

• xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    I think the Naturell Hypo-allergenic gel is very easy to distribute and you can get that at Sally's. Also the Aveda Flax seed gel but I found the alcohol started to dry my hair.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • echokittenechokitten Posts: 1,751Registered Users
    ITA with xcptnl...and would like to add, Biotera (naturelle) Styling gel also. IMO the Biotera is a tiny bit more hold value than the Hypo gel. I use these pretty interchangeably since they are so similar. I sub out with the Hypo when I'm not in the mood for smelling the Biotera, which can at times be a bit to "scenty"...
    Cincinnati Ohio>>>Coarse protein sensitive 3a, Jessicurl WDT as a leave in, Biotera gel, White Boots, PW= coffeecurls

"Man tries to exaggerate what nature has given him," Charles Darwin (1809-1882).

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -Sophia Loren
  • RozettaStoneRozettaStone Posts: 695Registered Users
    Biotera gel is quite thin and easy to distribute, IMO. It's supposed to be a knockoff of Biolage gelee (there was a recent thread about these two).
    You can find it at Sally's Beauty Supply. It's quite inexpensive and it comes in a firm hold.
    2-something? Coarse, medium underneath. Mid-back. On CG since 5/9/07.
    Washing COs: VO5 Blackberry, Suave Cherry
    Detangle and leave-in: Sally's GVP Conditioning Balm -- I found my HG CO!
    Seal with camellia oil
    Leave-in: Aura cherry almond
    Gels: Homemade FSG, Eco-styler
    Plus: SOTC or smooth with camellia oil, JC Nourish & Shine
    Homemade food-based DTs
    RC color
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users
    Any gel with a liquidy/runny consistency. Naturelle hypo-allergenic, Ouidad Climate Control, Batia & Aleeza biomineral gel are all good ones.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • asleep to audioasleep to audio Posts: 2,085Registered Users
    [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Rockin-Ringlets-Styling-Potion-p-100.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-rockin-ringlets]Rockin' Ringlets[/buylink] is very runny and thin; quite easy to distribute. It's not completely a gel, but it has some gel-like qualities.

CoN green, HE hello hydration, burt's bees super shiny condish, & KCCC.

mostly 3b, mod CG

Smiles are free, so give them away.

Celebrate we will, 'cause life is short but sweet, for certain.
  • AliceInWonderlandAliceInWonderland Posts: 32Registered Users
    I love the B&A Bio-Natural Gel, but it is pricey. However, the bottle is HUGE, so maybe ounce for ounce, it isn't more than drugstore brands. :wink:
  • allie95allie95 Posts: 74Registered Users
    thanks for the replies! I went to Sally's today and got the Biotera gel (just because it was a bigger bottle than the Naturelle Hypo), so we'll see what happens.
    2c who can't seem to find enough moisture! Trying to figure this out once and for all 7 years after going CG!