Meatless Crockpot Recipes

alguma pessoaalguma pessoa Posts: 619Registered Users
Fish is okay but no beef, pork, chicken, etc.

I love to cook and I cook very well, but since I began writing my dissertation proposal, I have no time to cook. I am living off pb&j, oatmeal, nuts, yogurt, uncooked veggies, and fruits.

TIA from a starving graduate student :oops:
We're all born mad. Some remain so.

br-flag1.gif

Comments

• geekygeeky Posts: 4,995Registered Users
    Get yourself a crockpot.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • alguma pessoaalguma pessoa Posts: 619Registered Users
    I have one. I am asking for recipes to go with it.

br-flag1.gif
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    I do chilli alot. Then I can freeeze individual sized portions and heat those up as needed. I do a mexican tomato soup (really just tomato with a bunch of spices) aswell, but those are really only the veggie things I do.
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users Curl Novice
    I'm a vegetarian and I'm also a personal chef/caterer. I find that seitan holds up really well in the crockpot. So, you can make soups, stews, enchiladas, etc by putting the seitan in with whatever ingredients you like to add protein to your dishes.

• alguma pessoaalguma pessoa Posts: 619Registered Users
    Munchy wrote:
    I'm a vegetarian and I'm also a personal chef/caterer. I find that seitan holds up really well in the crockpot. So, you can make soups, stews, enchiladas, etc by putting the seitan in with whatever ingredients you like to add protein to your dishes.

Thanks for the suggestions. I found recipes on this site. It was very helpful.

br-flag1.gif
  • FrizzyMFrizzyM Posts: 46Registered Users
    Wow, thanks for posting the link to all those vegetarian crockpot recipes! There are some yummy sounding ones I've *got* to try. Coincidentally, I was thinking just this week how I haven't used my crockpot since going vegetarian a year ago.... and I started wondering what I could cook in it!
    3A

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file