CurlTalk

Where to find zippered footies

SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
I finally discovered the key to a restful sleep. Footed pajamas! I don't question it, but all I know is that I have to get more of these!

The one I have has snaps up the front. A little clumsy for late night changes. And I'm so sick of pastels and wierd ass animals crawling all over the front.

Is it possible to find a solid red or some other bright color or black footed zippered footed pajama? I'll even suck up a striped one.

Am I asking too much?

Comments

• PoPo Posts: 2,607Registered Users
    I think DJ's were from Target. Not sure, though. It's been a while.
    3c/4a
  • deedlesdeedles Posts: 2,467Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    Target has them
    also Childrens Place has a sale on them going on now I think 3/$25.00

~d
    Liam: 6 years old
    Colin: 3 years old
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    Aww, sweet baby wants his feet warm at night! That's cute. :D
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    Footed one-piece pajamas should be easy to find in any store, up to about 12 month size. Look for Carter's in the packages. I used them in fleece for winter (we live in the northeast), and those can be found in much larger sizes.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    easy to find, sure. but try finding one without kitties, or firetrucks, or dinasours or some wierd graphic print.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    easy to find, sure. but try finding one without kitties, or firetrucks, or dinasours or some wierd graphic print.

It's dark...who cares. I dressed my boys in pink butterfly pajamas...didn't seem to hurt them any.
  • DarkAngelDarkAngel Posts: 2,671Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Try babyGap. They even have camouflage ones.
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
    Very cool. I just purchased some cute camo socks. maybe they'll match.
  • geminigemini Posts: 3,325Registered Users
    Target sells them in 3 packs...the brand is Circo (I think). Zippers are so much easier than snaps.
  • geekygeeky Posts: 4,995Registered Users
    LL Bean has them
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • wavezncurlzwavezncurlz Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    hanna anderson - bright colors and stripes and 100% organic cotton. They get softer with each wash! I loved the ones we had for kennedy.
    HAIRCOLLAGE2010-1-1.jpg[

mini-album w/ various styles for the past 10 years of natural hair:
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fs29.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fc252%2Fwavezncurlz%2Fhair%2F" class="Popup
    password: curlzorwavez
    hanna anderson - bright colors and stripes and 100% organic cotton. They get softer with each wash! I loved the ones we had for kennedy.

I have a few of them too. They are wonderful.

My only complaint is that they dont have the built in feet and I have to put socks on. If I could only find hanna andersen quality and colors with the feet thingies, I'd be in heaven.
  • DarkAngelDarkAngel Posts: 2,671Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I thought Hanna Anderson too but I didn't see any footie ones on their website. I swear that I have seen them so maybe they will be in the winter catalog.
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • wavezncurlzwavezncurlz Posts: 1,814Registered Users

I have a few of them too. They are wonderful.

My only complaint is that they dont have the built in feet and I have to put socks on. If I could only find hanna andersen quality and colors with the feet thingies, I'd be in heaven.

I forgot they didn't have feet! SORRY!
    HAIRCOLLAGE2010-1-1.jpg[

mini-album w/ various styles for the past 10 years of natural hair:
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fs29.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fc252%2Fwavezncurlz%2Fhair%2F" class="Popup
    password: curlzorwavez
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users
    I got mine at target but they have graphics. I did receive some at Christmas time that actually zipped and we're solid colors...I think they were bought either at Sears or JCPennys.

Good Luck!!!
  • curly_keltiecurly_keltie Posts: 791Registered Users
    You should try the Carter's sleep bags. They zip up and they come in plain colours too. They were great for changing DS in the middle of the night because not only did you not have to wrestle with snaps, you also didn't have to monoever their legs into the pjs. They also keep them nice and warm at night.

If you would like, I could send you the ones I had for DS. One is plain yellow and one is plain light blue.
    Long, blonde, 3a/mostly b hair.

78Da.jpg78Dam6.png
    thanks for the offer. I have one of those, but nothing knocks him out like footed pajamas. Wierd I know.

I didn't think finding brightly colored stuff would be so difficult.
  • SpiderSpider Posts: 3,380Registered Users
    Gerber or Carter makes them in a multi pack. Light soft cotton, tagless lable... but they are pastels or sports themed for boys.
    Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Posts: 5,297Registered Users
    thanks for the offer. I have one of those, but nothing knocks him out like footed pajamas. Wierd I know.

I didn't think finding brightly colored stuff would be so difficult.

Do you have trouble finding him in the dark? :laughing3:
    ~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.
  • MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users Curl Neophyte

This is an ongoing problem I'm finding with most baby clothes. Pajamas I'm not too worried about, but for actual clothes, I can't stand all of that stuff.
    I have the best luck at baby consignment stores in 'richer' neighborhoods. I was able to get one red gap footed pajama but he grew out of it allready.
  • deezee02deezee02 Posts: 1,509Registered Users
    58eCm4.png
    SCxkm4.png

Come swag with me!
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Posts: 4,476Registered Users
    I loved footed pjs for my kids. As babies, I didn't want to cover them too much, and as toddlers they never kept the blankets on. These pjs solved all the problems!
    I had one zip up sack that I loved. It was warm like the footed pjs but I didn't have to mess with the legs. During summer months, I used the cotton sacks that have drawstrings at the bottom. Just tie the baby in and done!
    I used to have a bunch of better quality sleepers that were single colors, without decoration. Are you handy at sewing? You could find a pattern and buy fleece when it's on sale.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
  • curlyninercurlyniner Posts: 130Registered Users
    I would love it if someone could tell me where to find 4-5T sized zippys that are cotton (thin) and not fleece. That's all Katy wants to sleep in, even in the dead of summer. :roll:
    "Things are exactly as they should be, all evidence to the contrary."

password = niner

D4KAm4.png
  • cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users
    I had these ones that I just loved I think they were by carter, and they had snaps down both legs for easier changing and less risk of waking the baby up in the middle of the night. Nice thick material that looked so warm. Me and hubby kept joking we wanted a pair for winter.
  • Swirlycurly ChemistSwirlycurly Chemist Posts: 335Registered Users
    We only do zippies, but I prefer footless. Gap, Gymboree, and The Children's Place are the places Ihave found them. TCP ones generally have feet, while Gymboree usually doesn't have feet (better for us, b/c she hates anything on her feet). Anyway, I have had good luck finding the mroe expensive ones on ebay and at onsignment stores too. Zippies changed my life. Never again for snaps! Also, the brands I mentioned are nto treated with those freaky chemicals meant to make the garments flame retardant, which is a plus for me too.
    3A canopy with 3B underneath
    Low poo, not afraid of amine-based silicones or polyquats, silk proteins are good as well.