phytorelaxer

keikokkeikok BannedBanned Users Posts: 585
I just got phytorelaxer index 2 and I really want to try it out, but I need help with understand the application. I've never used a relaxer before but I have a perm that I've been growing out and it says that I cant use it over the perm. My hair grows fast and I got the perm about 2 months ago. I really just want to do the roots (my roots already look pretty straight but I assume theyll be straighter after I do this), but I'm afraid the relaxer will mix with the perm and all hell will break lose.

I dont have anything to protect my previously treated hair, can I still do this? Has anyone ever been in a similar situation?

Comments

• CeladonCeladon Registered Users Posts: 26
    Call the manufacturer of the Phyto product. If they can't provide you with info on how it will interact with your previous perm, then you may want to avoid a chemical haircut. Once you start relaxing you should stick to the same process; always use thio, or always use lye, etc. , and for touch ups go to a stylist you trust so that the process will come out even and won't damage the older hair.

:afro:
  • keikokkeikok Banned Banned Users Posts: 585
    Celadon wrote:
    Call the manufacturer of the Phyto product. If they can't provide you with info on how it will interact with your previous perm, then you may want to avoid a chemical haircut. Once you start relaxing you should stick to the same process; always use thio, or always use lye, etc. , and for touch ups go to a stylist you trust so that the process will come out even and won't damage the older hair.

:afro:

thanks, I did it anyway and it seemed to work out.
    The process I had previously was a thio because all perms use thio and then they set the hair around rods. Anyway, this chemical doesnt react well with relaxers, so I was careful and only did my roots.

Havent seen much of a difference since I only did about an inch of my hair.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file