CurlTalk

Where can I get the best burger?

roseannadanaroseannadana Posts: 5,632Registered Users
The best burgers are homemade, I know. I've sworn off fast food for the most part, but every now and then... must. have. burger.

So, which burger place would choose for your once every few months burger fix?

I was born to be a pessimist. My blood type is B Negative.
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    Is Backyard Burgers a chain?
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    I've sworn off meat for now but the best burger is the McDonad's Double Cheese burger. Perfect balance of the holy trinity: cheese, meat and grease.

Best homemade has a pat of butter formed around the patty.
  • guinnessguinness Posts: 351Registered Users
    i voted burger king, because i like the 'charbroiled' flavor,
    but is there a houston's near you? those are the best
    burgers ever! totally worth the $9 or whatever it is.
  • roseannadanaroseannadana Posts: 5,632Registered Users
    NetG wrote:

Yes, they are in several states. I've listed the ones that are within a short distance from my house. You know, for my burger emergencies.

NetG wrote:

Yes, they are in several states. I've listed the ones that are within a short distance from my house. You know, for my burger emergencies.

Burger emergencies are serious!

I'm most likely to go to Sonic, but not because of the burgers. (I love their drinks!) Or McDonalds for chicken nuggest. But I think Burger King burgers are the best of your options. Jack in the Box uses the same broiler for grilling as Burger King, but then has really good sourdough burgers which I prefer to BK burgers. I'm not a huge burger fan in general, though.

I actually prefer homemade veggie burgers, made as they come in the box! (And I'm a total carnivore!)
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

• gekko422gekko422 Posts: 4,869Registered Users
    I thought Whataburger was the best until I tried Backyard Burgers. Oh my goodness!!!! As a matter of fact, I think I will have that this weekend!!!
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

You know why pandas are endangered? Cause pandas ain't got no game.

Jesus loves you, but I'm his favorite.
  • FFBrianFFBrian Posts: 8Registered Users
    gekko422 wrote:
    I thought Whataburger was the best until I tried Backyard Burgers. Oh my goodness!!!! As a matter of fact, I think I will have that this weekend!!!

That's the only place on the list I've never heard of, so I can't judge that one.

:cry:

They have a place here in Buttmont called Novrosky's. It's great, and now I'm motivated to go there TONIGHT!!!!

:D
  • MizKerriMizKerri Posts: 1,701Registered Users
    Carl's at UNH circa 1995ish. Only Riley will know what I'm talkin about.

If a news story breaks and no one on the Internet comments, did it really happen?
    FFBrian wrote:
    Whataburger is by far the best one.

Whataburger just opened here today. Driving past the sign on the way home from work is what inspired my burger crisis! I've never had a Whataburger so I appreciate the input!

• CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,937Registered Users
    First, I almost never eat fast food. About the only time I have it is when we visit my family and then I try to have SOMETHING from the Sonic at least once a day. No I am not kidding. That said, if I wanted a burger, it would be all about Wendy's. I might have meat twice a year, if that, and you can bet one of those times is a burger from Wendy's and the other is a burger my mom made. Since you can't go to my mom's house, I recommend Wendy's.
  • mandyvmandyv Posts: 2,437Registered Users
    In and Out, IMO. Which they don't have here. There's no Sonic here as far as I can tell, but there are commercials for them on TV :x
    3c
    Poo: KBB shampoo bar or Shikai moisturizing shampoo
    CoWash: VO5 kiwi
    Cond: Robert Craig, Tresemme Natural, or Fekkai Shea Butter
    Leave in/Styling: Grapeseed oil, KBB milk, KCCC, and Aveda Confixor
  • CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,937Registered Users
    Same here. Not a Sonic anywhere but commercials all the time!
    mandyv wrote:
    In and Out, IMO. Which they don't have here. There's no Sonic here as far as I can tell, but there are commercials for them on TV :x

No In and Out around here, but I've heard good things. I think I saw something about them on Unwrapped.

• dia99dia99 Posts: 1,998Registered Users
    I have a different favorite burger depending on where I am. Is that a fair choice?

Carl's Jr. burgers are really good (west coast and here).
    Backyard Burgers (we had those in Arkansas).

If you live in the DC, MD, VA area, the ABSOLUTE best restaurant burger I've ever had in my life anywhere was at Five Guys. So Good! And they make fresh cut potatoe fries everyday. And they get their bread fresh from a bakery everyday. And they have thick cut bacon that they grill right there if you want bacon. And fresh guacomole if you want that. Can you tell I'm missing that burger?????????

(DC, MD, but they have in other states, too) My husband worked at Houston's when we were still dating (well, I guess we date now, occasionally) and that burger is really good, too.
    People rise to the standard expected of them. GC
  • mandyvmandyv Posts: 2,437Registered Users
    No In and Out around here, but I've heard good things. I think I saw something about them on Unwrapped.

According to the author of this book, Fast Food Nation, In and Out are good all around, safe and clean and good to their employees, so I stopped in a couple of years ago, and I couldn't believe how good they are. And I tried to give the kid behind the counter a tip and he wouldn't take one. Gets paid enough. :)

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.toomanychefs.com%2Farchives%2F001120.html" class="Popup

Why did they say on Unwrapped. I've got to watch that show!

I really can't in good conscience buy a hamburger in a restaurant or in the store if it's not organic.
    3c
    Poo: KBB shampoo bar or Shikai moisturizing shampoo
    CoWash: VO5 kiwi
    Cond: Robert Craig, Tresemme Natural, or Fekkai Shea Butter
    Leave in/Styling: Grapeseed oil, KBB milk, KCCC, and Aveda Confixor
    mandyv wrote:
    Why did they say on Unwrapped. I've got to watch that show!

On this particular episode of Unwrapped, they were just highlighted some of the popular burger places in the US. In-N-Out was interesting because they do ONLY burgers, no salads, no fish, no chicken, etc. And if I am not mistaken, I think they came up with the drive thru where you order at the window and then pull up to the next window for your food. I've never seen one around here; are they only in California?

• msrebamsreba Posts: 143Registered Users
    Out of the ones listed that I know and have eaten at I would have to say whataburger.
    Its one of the things that I miss living up here in seattle
  • gggg Posts: 1,865Registered Users
    Since I don't have a Whataburger, Backyard Burger, Krystal, or several other places mentioned I'd have to say Burger King. I've always thought their burgers were better than McDonalds, although I absolutely love me some McDonalds double cheese burgers. There's just something about it. For some reason I especially love it when the cheese oozes onto the paper and I have to scrape it off with my fingernail. Ok that sounds crazy but I just love it.
    You don't have to blow out my flame to make yours burn brighter.

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.

How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.
  • fig jamfig jam Posts: 2,555Registered Users
    Never had a Whataburger but it sounds good.

Used to like BK best but the franchise here sucks.

I voted for Krystal even though I know they probably aren't really burgers but I love those little nasty things.
    "Tell me, are you incapable of restraining yourself, or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?"

"Honey Badger don't care!"
  • nadra24nadra24 Posts: 72Registered Users
    In N Out, baby! A Double Double is just divine. If only I didn't feel like crap after eating fast food.
  • beshanbeshan Posts: 12Registered Users
    I had my first Backyard Burger today and I must say Oh. My. God. That was an awesome hamburger. Before today I would have said Burger King cause I love the chargrilled taste. I wish I hadn't tried it because now I know it's there and that is trouble for loosing weight. Oh, well. It was well worth having to run an extra mile tomorrow!
    My hair is somewhere in the 2's or 3's, but I have yet to figure out specifically where.
  • eccentric_kurlzeccentric_kurlz Posts: 4,144Registered Users
    Based on the selection, I would say Burger King, just because I love the taste of charboiled burgers. But, my all time favorite place to get a burger is Portillo's. I think it is only based in the Chicago area. I've only lived in the Chicago area for about a year, and hadn't heard of it until moving here. They also charboil their burgers, and it isn't left greasy like fast food restaurants. I don't eat alot of red meat, but when I want a good burger, I go there.
    A wonderful mix of coils, curls, corkscrews, and kinks.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fs211.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fbb133%2Fshyygirl_2007%2F" class="Popup
    PW: curlyhair

I have a blog now. Follow meeeee! :)

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fnaturalurbanista.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup

"You see, when it comes to language competence, a true patriot must hit that sweet spot between "job-stealing immigrant" and "liberal elitist." ~Eilonwy

Wanna have access to the top names in fashion and luxury at up to 70% off retail? Sure you do. /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Ftinyurl.com%2F3yxneol" class="Popup

DC metro area
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users
    anyone that says any of those other burgers are better obviously has not had a backyard burger. those burgers are the best, second only to a very small burger chain called bullets. i have driven almost 200 miles for a bullets burger before. best. burgers. EVER.

but backyard would be second. :)

sonic and whataburger are basically the same to me. i don't really like them.

burger king is the sonic or whataburger slightly improved.

and mcdonalds is just....mcdonalds. boring.

krystals aren't burgers really. they're too greasy most of the time, but sometimes i'm just in the mood for them. that's rare, but it happens. :wink:

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,778Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I havn't eaten meat in almost 6 years, but some days I think I would go back just for a Quarter Pounder w/Cheese from MickyD's. Extra ketchup and dipped in sweet & sour sauce.............ummmmmm, best after the bar or morning after food :P
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
    curlyara wrote:
    anyone that says any of those other burgers are better obviously has not had a backyard burger. those burgers are the best, second only to a very small burger chain called bullets. i have driven almost 200 miles for a bullets burger before. best. burgers. EVER.

Anyone having images of curlyara recreating Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle?
    -Speckla

• curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users
    NetG wrote:
    curlyara wrote:

Anyone having images of curlyara recreating Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle?

lol i never saw that movie, but i've heard of it.

seriously though, very good burger.

now i'll return into my sleepy oblivion, if you please. :wink:

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • anonnymouseanonnymouse Posts: 1,340Registered Users
    I have a friend who usually eats really well, but occasionally gets a yearning for a burger. But it has to be a "bar burger". One that you get at a bar or pub. They are the best.
    7931.gif7932.gif7933.gifUntitled-vi.png
  • ~curlyfry~~curlyfry~ Posts: 26Registered Users
    burger king cheeseburgers are my absolute favorite! sometimes i just get a craving for one of those! they're great every time!
    3b. Tight, brown corkscrew ringlets; down to the middle of my back with sideswept bangs that I "straighten" by tucking behind my ear while drying. :wink:
    College freshman and hair product junkie. Not a good combo! haha!
  • rileybrileyb Posts: 1,975Registered Users
    MizKerri wrote:
    Carl's at UNH circa 1995ish. Only Riley will know what I'm talkin about.

Oh my god, I just read this MK. What I would give for a little guy all around and some snotties right now. Sniff.

Fast food wise, In & Out has the absolute best burgers, even though I love Mickey Ds and Wendys. Otherwise, my favorite burgers come from a steakhouse here called Abe & Louies. I'm not sure if it is a chain or not...
    I haven't got the slightest idea how to change people, but I still keep a long list of prospective candidates just in case I should ever figure it out.