french products

cjccjc Registered Users Posts: 636
Hi...I'm going to France in May to visit my sister and wanted to know if anyone can rec. any French products to buy. It can be makeup, hair or skin treatments. I would ask my sister...but she isn't a product junkie like me. I want to buy somethings that I cant buy where I live in the States. The more recs. the better...I'm packing an extra carry-on for my goodies to bring back. Thanks :D
cjc
3B very thick, curly hair and on the longer side
Palm Beach County, Fl

Comments

• MeyerGirlMeyerGirl Registered Users Posts: 170
    Products that I buy @ Monoprix:

-Monoi Tiare Tahiti-Can be Found @ Monoprix
    Garnier Sebum Control Moisturiser @ Monoprix (for oily/greasy/shiny skin)
    Lipgloss: Miss Helen

eyeshadows: Arancil

They also have a coconut/shea butter hair product range there that I might buy( in white containers. )

Not to mention all of the good cheese, wine and food @ Monoprix. Also, clothes, accessories and lingerie. I can't get enough of this shop.
    HTH
    4a, deep waves and pensprings.
    Boots Pink Curl Creme for sale, Please PM me.
  • cjccjc Registered Users Posts: 636
    MeyerGirl....thankyou so much in replying...cant wait to go!
    cjc
    Palm Beach County, Fl
  • magillicuddymagillicuddy Registered Users Posts: 13
    I am TOO a product junkie big sis !! nanana
    Type 3A, longish, layered, reddish, wavy/curly
    I am TOO a product junkie big sis !! nanana

SORRY......I didn't know...please dont be offended :D
    cjc
    Palm Beach County, Fl
  • McCurlyMcCurly Registered Users Posts: 200
    To magillicuddy, MeyerGirl and all people who could help me:
    Is it possible to find "Bumble & Bumble Curl Conscious" hair products products as well as "Dr Hauschka" skin products in France (Paris or somewhere in France)?

magillicuddy and MeyerGirl : May I ask you what are your favorite lines of hair products in France? And for skin products?

I wish you a lot of fun cjc! May is closer and closer :wink:
    Corkscrew 3B
    McCurly wrote:
    To magillicuddy, MeyerGirl and all people who could help me:
    Is it possible to find "Bumble & Bumble Curl Conscious" hair products products as well as "Dr Hauschka" skin products in France (Paris or somewhere in France)?

magillicuddy and MeyerGirl : May I ask you what are your favorite lines of hair products in France? And for skin products?

I wish you a lot of fun cjc! May is closer and closer :wink:

Thanks McCurly......my sister is magillicuddy....as we spk she is on her way to ny to visit our family.
    cjc
    Palm Beach County, Fl
  • MeyerGirlMeyerGirl Registered Users Posts: 170
    Hi cjc:
    To find Bumble & Bumble check out
    Colette, 213 Rue St.-Honoré Paris

Dr. Hauschka- Hmmm. I buy this in Germany to get a good price. But the beauty section @ Samaritaine is extensive, you might be able to find either there. (19 Rue de la Monnaie, 1er) Also,Try some of the Phamacies/Apothecary shops. On the Dr. Hauschka sitei found the following info:
    WALA France
    Mrs. Claudine Reinhard
    39 rue de Charonne
    75011 Paris
    Tel: +33 143 554 550
    Fax: +33 143 555 954
    Email: [email protected]

Hair care: I like Garnier Ultra Beauty vanilla conditioner, (the scent is great!) For styling I like to use Natural oils like monoi in my hair (from Monoprix in Paris.) use sparingly. Palmolive peach hair conditioner for CO washes (from monoprix I think) I also like the palmolive miel/lait body wash and the amande one is nice too.

Face: I am stuck on Garnier Sebum control moisturiser. Face cleanser is L'oreal foaming cleanser for oily/combination skin. From Monoprix in Paris the pure cleanser (by Garnier) is good too.

ETA: took out the Loreal curly conditioner, I meant to say Pantene actually and it can be found almost eveywhere
    HTH
    4a, deep waves and pensprings.
    Boots Pink Curl Creme for sale, Please PM me.
    Thanks again MeyerGirl :D
    cjc
    Palm Beach County, Fl
    McCurly -- Acutally I don't really buy many hair products in France -- I stock up when I go back to the States ! If necesssary , I buy Pantene Pro V products, and Dove and Fructis in the supermarkets... But most of my products I get at Sally's, or Duane Reade, etc. !
    magillicudy wrote:
    Acutally I don't really buy many hair products in France -- I stock up when I go back to the States ! If necesssary , I buy Pantene Pro V products, and Dove and Fructis in the supermarkets... But most of my products I get at Sally's, or Duane Reade, etc.

Is it because you don't find what you are looking for in France?
    Corkscrew 3B
    there really isn't a big selection here, as far as "cheaper" brands go... it's just not like in the States where you have loads of stuff... the brands here are limited to : Fructis, Timotei, Pantene, Garnier Ultra Doux, John Frieda (in some stores), Herbal Essences (which just came out), and then Phyto products in more upscale stores... so yes, I guess you could say I can't find what I want !!
    magillicudy: Yeah, it 's too bad. I can understand by looking on this board that the US Market has much more nice stuff.

I just have to order nearly all of my products from the States or via websites based in Europe that sell american brands.
    It is not really cheap but it is the only solution I found :(

What do you take with you from the States? What are your favorite products?

It is nice in France? :wink:
    Corkscrew 3B

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file