CurlTalk

Eyeshadow as line liner

McCurlyMcCurly Posts: 200Registered Users
Hi,

I like to draw a thin line on my upper lid because combined with mascara it gives a nice effect.
I make it with a pencil that I smudge a bit or with a dark eyeshadow.
I like it but sometimes I prefer to do it with the eyeshadow because the line is thinner.

The point is that when I use my super brush to take eyeshadow, I have to put a bit of water on the brush to fix the color of the eye shadow on the brush. It is OK but than the color of the eye shadow is clearer and it does not last very well on my upper lid.

Does anybody know how to do to be able to draw my line on the upper lid with my eyeshadow in an easier way?
Perhaps should I dip my brush in a bit of lotion or in my moisturizing day cream?
Any tips are welcome!
Corkscrew 3B

Comments

• rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,498Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    do NOT use moisturizing cream on your eyelid!!!!! it could get in your eyes and be quite painful.

try using an eyelid primer if you find your eyeliner disappears after a while. a cream to powder eye shadow in a neutral shade is very good for that - i use MAC's paint in Bare Canvas or Quo Eye Lid Primer.

then i use pencil to line my eyes and go over it with eyeshadow using a thin, angled brush. it has a lot of staying power!
    My blog:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flabellatestarossa.blogspot.ca%2F" class="Popup

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    Another option is to use a wet/dry eyeshadow. I have a black Mary Kay eyeshadow which is meant to be used wet or dry, and when I wet it it's thicker and darker than when dry, so if I want the really defined line I use it wet, and for a more blended, smoky effect I use it dry.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • McCurlyMcCurly Posts: 200Registered Users
    Rouquinne: I live in Belgum. I never saw any Mac cosmetics around. Perhaps there are some Mac shops in France but I am not sure at all. It is crazy! I hear so many good things about those products but here I can find all those brands like Sisley, Lancôme, Guerlain, Yves Saint Laurent (great mascara by the way), Dior, Shisheido, Helena Rubinstein but no Mac.

When I go to the beauty shop the don't give such good advice like you do or like what I can read when I go to some cosmetics websites so it is not always easy to find a neutral shade that still gives some light to the eye.

It is not easy since I have a very fair skin with very dark hair, black eyes and red full lips. I have to be cautious on the colors.
    Some colors look on me like I don't wear any makeup and others are like "flashy dancing" on me.

NetG/ I heard about Mary Kay products. I thought that it was only available online. Is it so?

I should normally be able to find something in the brands that are sold here but I just have to make a good choice. Scarry...
    Corkscrew 3B
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,498Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    Lancome and Clarins also make cream to powder eye shadows that come in little tubes like oil paints. these dry to a lovely finish and last all day.

a neutral colour of one of those would have the same effect as MAC's "paint".

while MAC is not sold in Belgium, you might be closer to the locations in the Netherlands than any in France - it is available at locations in Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Maastricht.

www.maccosmetics.com

Mary Kay is sold through "house parties", i don't know if it is available on line.
    My blog:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flabellatestarossa.blogspot.ca%2F" class="Popup

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    www.marykay.com

I'm sure there are other brands of makeup which work wet/dry near you if Mary Kay doesn't ship out there. It's just the wet/dry eyeshadow I know of.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • McCurlyMcCurly Posts: 200Registered Users
    I will try it soon. Those little tubes (I saw those from Lancöme)are really funny. As the spring collection is out I will take me by the hand to have a look in the shops at those products.

I just met a girl who organizes some gatherings regarding the Mary-Kay products so I will probably participate to one of those meeting to see what it is like.

Thanks a lot for your advices.
    Corkscrew 3B