Sarah Jessica Parker's look in the GAP ad

ChelleChelle Registered Users Posts: 131
I'm talking about her newest ad where she is wearing khaki's and pink.....

Anyone know what kind of makeup she used there? I just love the way she looks and would love to try and dupicate it, her eyes are perfect, blush looks great and love the lip color......anyone?

Chelle
2a?, using MOP C system hydrating poo, Elucence conditioner, B&A Biomineral gel......off and on results....rely most on my curling iron for help

Comments

• SunderellaSunderella Registered Users Posts: 89
    I imagine most photos are airbrushed, unfortunately...but actual makeup can be airbrushed for weddings and such...you can google it and get more info.
    2c/3a Fine Blonde/Silver
  • ChelleChelle Registered Users Posts: 131
    I tried finding it on Google already.....searchd for over an hour.......maybe I was searching for the wrong thing? What words would you use for the search? I just love how simple but still looks madeup, I think the look is just perfect. I've used every search term I could think of.

Chelle
    2a?, using MOP C system hydrating poo, Elucence conditioner, B&A Biomineral gel......off and on results....rely most on my curling iron for help
    I had ran across it when I was searching for "airbrush supplies" as I do regular airbrusing, there are also several airbrushing forums but they mostly deal with art not makeup...sorry...I will see If I can find it for you.
    2c/3a Fine Blonde/Silver
    I found tons of sites about it using "Airbrush makeup" in Google

This is not something the average person can do especially to themselves...
    2c/3a Fine Blonde/Silver
    I didn't look up airbrushing, I was mainly trying to find out which brands and colors they used on her. Especially the e/s, I have such a hard time finding a brown e/s that is the right shade of brown. Hers looks just perfect.

I guess it will be virtually impossible to find that out though, unless you knew who the makeup artist was and then contacted them directly.

I wish it would have been one of those step by step makup pages where they tell you the techniques and colors.

Chelle
  • three rivers curlythree rivers curly Registered Users Posts: 994
    Sunderella wrote:
    I had ran across it when I was searching for "airbrush supplies" as I do regular airbrusing, there are also several airbrushing forums but they mostly deal with art not makeup...sorry...I will see If I can find it for you.

Sorry to guano...

My husband is an airbrush artist - see web site. We own a store in Pittsburgh and lived for a time in Myrtle Beach. Where are you and do you do this professionally?
    Better everyone think your a fool, than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Perception is not reality.

http://public.fotki.com/hmiklos
    Sunderella wrote:

Sorry to guano...

My husband is an airbrush artist - see web site. We own a store in Pittsburgh and lived for a time in Myrtle Beach. Where are you and do you do this professionally?

No I don't do it professionaly, I started airbrishing about 2 years ago I had always painted but not airbrished and want to do car and cycles...Have started doing practice tanks and a few big tool boxes, also doing wall murals in hubby's shop, I am in central MO.

nice website :)
    2c/3a Fine Blonde/Silver
  • three rivers curlythree rivers curly Registered Users Posts: 994
    Sunderella wrote:
    Sunderella wrote:

Sorry to guano...

No I don't do it professionaly, I started airbrishing about 2 years ago I had always painted but not airbrished and want to do car and cycles...Have started doing practice tanks and a few big tool boxes, also doing wall murals in hubby's shop, I am in central MO.

nice website :)

Thanks! Hubby wants to do cars and cycles full time - we are planning on moving back to the beach in a couple of years, we have some friends there that build choppers. Good luck!
    Better everyone think your a fool, than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Perception is not reality.

http://public.fotki.com/hmiklos
  • ScarletScarlet Registered Users Posts: 3,125 Curl Neophyte
    I saw the ads, but the only answer I can give is that she's wearing a lot of makeup, and it has clearly been digitally enhanced.
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
  • AuburnWavesAuburnWaves Registered Users Posts: 8
    I think in either Lucky or Allure, they say what makeup colors were used. It should be the March issues. Hope that helps.
    I just saw that in one of my magazines recently, but the odd thing is that the colors they listed didn't sound like the colors that were on her face in the ad. I think they mentioned a purplish eye shadow (trying to remember) and I think the e/s she is wearing looks very much in the neutral/brown category.

Chelle
  • wild~hairwild~hair Registered Users Posts: 9,890 Curl Neophyte
    Chelle wrote:
    I just saw that in one of my magazines recently, but the odd thing is that the colors they listed didn't sound like the colors that were on her face in the ad. I think they mentioned a purplish eye shadow (trying to remember) and I think the e/s she is wearing looks very much in the neutral/brown category.

Chelle

I'm a graphic designer and someone who regularly directs or does the correction of images, both for color and for content.

Almost all photos published these days are color corrected, in addition to being "airbrushed." So however her makeup color looks in print, you can bet that's not what it looked like in real life.

They probably do attempt to stay true to the original colors in a general sense, especially when they're featuring certain products, but ultimately the goal is for a type of look and feel to an image, and color accuracy will fall to the wayside to support that goal.
  • woundtightwoundtight Registered Users Posts: 39
    Try looking on www.makeup411.com. They list a lot of celebrity breakdowns.
    Everyone always wants what they can't have.
    woundtight wrote:
    Try looking on www.makeup411.com. They list a lot of celebrity breakdowns.

That is a great site to look at, I have a ton of reading to do now :D

Thanks!

Chelle

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file