CurlTalk

To keep color from fading

My hair fades so bad. It is naturally brown and fades to an orangish color. Today I had a demi dye put on it. How do I keep it from fading? She put cones in it. I haven't had cones in about a month. Do I have to clarify b/c she used them? I bought the Olive Oil condish by designline I also bought the leave in. I just want to keep my color as long as possible.

Comments

• KeeweeKeewee Posts: 1,376Registered Users
    how about the devacare line that is made 4 colored hair.. is you hair colored red because red tends to fad rather quickly, also deva makes the colored noo poo snd one c also, our you can try another brandof the colored poos and conditioners..
  • tycho19tycho19 Posts: 805Registered Users
    I've found that devacare low poo helps to keep my color. I wouldnt clarify, it will fade your color.
    2B/2C wavy
    Don't Breed and Buy While Shelter Dogs Die - Adopt your next best friend!
  • bostonwavesbostonwaves Posts: 727Registered Users
    I find the Deva Brown products - No-poo and oneC - keep my color from fading so fast.
    "What's the good of having naturally curly hair if nobody's jealous?" Freida - Peanuts

~CG 8/06 ~
    fine, wavy - 2b/3a
    KCNT and KKCC
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    I get a red demi done which is prone to fade both becuse it's demi and it's red. :)

My colorist tells me not to get my hair wet for 48 hours afterwards because up to 50% of the color can be taken out if you use anything on your hair that soon. I'm not sure if this holds true for non-red demis, but it couldn't hurt.

It also seems that avoiding sulfates helps.

For me, avoiding glycerin helps, but other many other color treated (especially non-red) curlies are fine with it. Some just avoid it and oils in the first week after color.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • 2happy2happy Posts: 5,138Registered Users
    Do you know what 'cones' were used in your hair? That will make a difference as far as needing to poo it out.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it.....Piss on it and walk away.
    Location - WI
  • bostonwavesbostonwaves Posts: 727Registered Users
    My colorist tells me not to get my hair wet for 48 hours afterwards because up to 50% of the color can be taken out if you use anything on your hair that soon. I'm not sure if this holds true for non-red demis, but it couldn't hurt.

It also seems that avoiding sulfates helps.

ITA- definately don't wash/wet for 48 hours.
    "What's the good of having naturally curly hair if nobody's jealous?" Freida - Peanuts

~CG 8/06 ~
    fine, wavy - 2b/3a
    KCNT and KKCC
  • gsmommygsmommy Posts: 3Registered Users
    Crap, I just co washed it with the olive oil condish I got. She used dimethicone and the one that starts with an A on it.
  • gsmommygsmommy Posts: 3Registered Users
    Just in case it was confusing anyone. I realized that I have to names b/c the first one I made wouldn't work, I got a new one, then the first one worked. I forgot and logged in under the first one. My bad!