spinoff: Does your car have a name?

CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Not the make/model but did you name it? What is it and why?

CocoaCoily's comment about Ivory made me think about this (I'm guessing she named it that?)

I'll start: My Honda Pilot is named Stormy because he's the color of an Albuquerque stormy sky, kind of a bluish silver gray. DH's Dodge Neon is Sharky because he's cool and he's Pacific Blue. Our son helped us come up with them. :)
SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.

Comments

• CocoaCoilyCocoaCoily Posts: 2,648Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Well, you already know mine! : :sunny:
  • PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    We tried Elsie for a while, because the license plate number starts "LCE," but it's really hard to name a minivan. :pukeleft:

I had a friend who always named her cars, though.
    Minneapolis, MN
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    CocoaCoily wrote:
    So I was right! It suits her. :)
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    No. No one in my family names their cars. And our cars are always "it".

To be honest I always kind of roll my eyes when I hear someone call their car a name. Sorry. :lol:
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • CocoaCoilyCocoaCoily Posts: 2,648Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    CurliLocks wrote:
    CocoaCoily wrote:
    So I was right! It suits her. :)

It does... Snow got couched, which is good, because she's definitely more ivory white than snow white.

PartyHair wrote:

To be honest I always kind of roll my eyes when I hear someone call their car a name. Sorry. :lol:

I used to be the same way, but we love our car so, that we decided to name her as sort of a not really goof, and it stuck.
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    PartyHair wrote:

Spoilsport! :thumbdown: LOL Having too much fun with these new smilies!

We never really named our cars before, but DS and I got tired of DH calling our old Explorer a TRUCK! :mad: So we came up with names for these 2.
  • merynmeryn Posts: 1,807Registered Users Curl Novice
    I don't have a name for my rig - but I'll never forget our old member, "Carrieola" 's name for her's - a crappy white honda named "honky" :cheers:
  • MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users Curl Novice
    Yes, Michael Chiarello. :afro:
  • StarrwithoutniteStarrwithoutnite Posts: 1,732Registered Users
    My fist car, the '70 Lincoln Continental was Charlie for Charlie Tuna Boat. MY BMW was Sally and I just pretty much call the Liberty 'Jeepers'. So I guess its a name, I LOVE my car, I should start going to meetings :love1:
    "Someday love will find you...break those chains that bind you!!"

XIJ2VeH.jpgXIJ2m8.png

• CynaminbearCynaminbear Posts: 4,476Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    The first car I bought new I named Sally, for a song by the Police.
    My mom called it Bugs because the plates were BGS.
    I haven't named any car since then. Now, they're just vehicles to me.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Our cars are "the green one" and "the red one". Does that count?
  • curlylew66curlylew66 Posts: 1,685Registered Users
    Bella. My car is so dang beautiful I can't stand it!! :love1:
  • rileybrileyb Posts: 1,975Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I always name my cars, but I never really use the names. It's more of just a tradition. My current car is Bexley - because I wanted to name my first kid that and my fiance said no way. :lol:
    I haven't got the slightest idea how to change people, but I still keep a long list of prospective candidates just in case I should ever figure it out.
  • yagottaloveyacurlsyagottaloveyacurls Posts: 5,766Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    PartyHair wrote:

me too.
    :tongue4: <---is anyone else creeped out by that thing?
  • JoyForeverJoyForever Posts: 1,628Registered Users
    Yup, my blue Toyota Echo's name is Libby. Though, I don't usually refer to her(?) by a name at all. Just tradition, as riley said.
    Previously Joy4ever.
    Changed because the "number in place of a word" thing was bugging my no-longer-14-year-old self.
  • FrizzyMFrizzyM Posts: 46Registered Users
    I never named any of my previous vehicles (mostly I've owned boring little pickup trucks, so not much personality there anyway). But I'd already picked out a potential name for my little Honda Insight hybrid when I ordered him 2 years ago. When he was delivered it was love at first sight...and the name was a perfect fit. He gets 60 mpg. His name is........"Miles" :wink:
    3A
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    my car is named "emmy" she's emerald green...she's a good girl.

i love that name "miles", that's one of my dogs name.
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • KeeweeKeewee Posts: 1,376Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The Escalade or the load
    3A some 3b Total Product Junkie
    P/Wmarissa
    http://public.fotki.com/Keewee
  • Ab-starAb-star Posts: 1,128Registered Users
    My last van was named "Momo" (short for Momo-mobile which was a spinoff of my license plate). The new van is slate grey and so far we call it The Grey (Mother) Goose. No cutesy names though.
    MY HAIR ALBUM
    pw - jack

Going natural for the summer...just a dab of ArcAngell!
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    When I bought my car I told coworkers about it, and one of them referred to it as the silver bullet. And it then became known as Rocky, though I don't really use the name, and haven't really ever... except when anyone asks my car's name.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • mad scientistmad scientist Posts: 3,530Registered Users
    My '95 Neon is named "Snowball". The day I brought her home (its my first car) we had a massive snowstorm in upstate NY with 5 feet high snowdrifts. I had a dream that the snowplows didn't see her and plowed her away.
  • gggg Posts: 1,865Registered Users
    I've never named my cars but my mother calls her car Betsy when it's old.
    You don't have to blow out my flame to make yours burn brighter.

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.

How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.
  • g-stringrannyg-stringranny Posts: 2,701Registered Users
    meryn wrote:
    I don't have a name for my rig - but I'll never forget our old member, "Carrieola" 's name for her's - a crappy white honda named "honky" :cheers:
    I'm white & I find that really racist. Not you, but Carrieloa. :wink: I have a red VW Beetle. I call it "my car."
    AKA lotsawaves
    AKA new2curls
  • majimaji Posts: 278Registered Users
    I have a red VW Beetle. I call it "my car."

I have an Orange VW Beetle :wink: and there is a sticker on the back window that says Mufasa
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    I don't name cars, but my car is sometimes referred to as the "zoom-car" because it's a Mazda...Zoom zoom zoom. (Also our other vehicle is a truck so my car is Nascar in comparison.)
  • geminigemini Posts: 3,325Registered Users
    The last numbers on the plate issued to me when I bought my car were "007," so my car's named "James." I don't really use it to refer to the car though. :lol:
  • divegirldivegirl Posts: 1,286Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I bought my first car from this little old lady who had only driven it to the store and back, always garaged, perfect condition. I called her "Nanna". That's the only car I've named.
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    I never named my cars before, but my husband does. And since we have 3 cars between the two of us, and two of them are the same make model (just a 10 year difference in models), it does kind of help having the names.

2001 Ford Ranger (bright blue): My husband named it Lucy before we got together, but usually we just call it "the truck".

1994 Toyota Corolla (light blue): This was mine before we got together, and my husband named it Linus, because it was the color of Linus's blanket in Peanuts. Plus, this way we had Lucy and Linus (like Peanuts). We refer to this car as Linus all the time. Easier than saying "the old Corolla".

2004 Toyota Corolla (silver): Husband named this one "the silver fox", but usually we just call it "my car" because it's the one I drive 95% of the time. Hubby rotates between the other two, depending on distance and weather.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • merynmeryn Posts: 1,807Registered Users Curl Novice
    meryn wrote:
    I'm white & I find that really racist. Not you, but Carrieloa. :wink: I have a red VW Beetle. I call it "my car."

It is terribly racist... that was sort of the point. To embrace such an ignorant word like Honky to create dialogue is just awesome to me. Believe me, she was the first one jump up and fight intelligently on this board about racial topics and I learned a lot from her.

Anyhow- her brand of humor was very irreverant and for some reason I just found that hysterical.
  • DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Posts: 2,729Registered Users
    Lady Nez. We named her after seeing Transformers. She's our "little Autobot". :laughing9:
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file