Has anyone had menstrual cramps as a symptom of pregnancy?

FoxyCurl2FoxyCurl2 Posts: 136Registered Users
I went through IVF a week and a half ago and have been feeling incredible menstrual like cramps since last week. Every morning I feel like I'm getting my period but nothing. Some have said this is actually a good sign, it's really confusing for me! I'm actually due for my period tomorrow and I go in for my first pregnancy test. It's a little nerve racking with these cramps though...just don't know what to think :scratch:

Did you have cramps when you were pregnant?

Comments

• picklesgirlpicklesgirl Posts: 1,955Registered Users
    yes for like a week or longer i remember running to the bathroom because i thought i had started and then nothing
  • loosecurlsloosecurls Posts: 637Registered Users
    I did! Along with allergy symptoms (runny nose, sneezing etc). Good luck!!
    Slinky's rule for NC.com:

I suppose I can't judge you because you married a serviceman and it is wartime. Boo hoo. You must be loney sitting at home with nothing else to do but pick on people. Why don't you go masterbate again?
  • PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    I think it's a fairly common side-effect, I think it's kind of like the embryo is getting a firm hold of your insides (implantation, I believe is the technical term?). Good luck, my fingers are crossed!
    Minneapolis, MN
  • KrazyblondegurlKrazyblondegurl Posts: 1,008Registered Users
    We were just talking about this last night at work. One of my coworkers is 5 weeks pregnant (it took her forever and she's nervous) and is feeling menstrual like cramps. We're nurses and after consulting our reference books and docs we decided it's normal.

Good luck! :)
  • SaraNEvansMommySaraNEvansMommy Posts: 73Registered Users
    I did have cramps as a first symptom. And it lasted a couple of weeks....
    PW: curlz
    2b/3a/fine/lazy waves with some curls thrown in
    Experimenting with Activate shampoo, VO5 PassionFruit Moisture Milks condish, leaving-in Sally's Honey and Almond, scrunching in BRHG
  • MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users Curl Novice
    We were just discussing this on Pregnancy & Parenting.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Yes, whenever I was pregnant, I had menstrual-like cramps that felt like I was about to get my period...which never arrived. They went on for the few weeks of early pregnancy also.
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Posts: 4,476Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Yup, happened with my first.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
  • sundaysunday Posts: 535Registered Users
    I had cramps that lasted almost my entire first trimester. Good luck!
    3 something
    fotki pw: sunday
  • TrenellTrenell Posts: 3,562Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Yup! I thought I had pms
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,408Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    My friend had this happen.
  • CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,938Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I was popping Midol like PEZ and convinced my period was going to start any minute.
  • velvet pawsvelvet paws Posts: 1,250Registered Users
    I had menstrual type cramping until I was about 10 weeks along.
    3A / 2B / 2C wavicelli

.png

.png
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    And you know what's maddening? That for many women, premenstrual symptoms feel exactly the same as pregnancy symptoms. Luckily for you, your beta is tomorrow.

Good luck!!!
  • shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
    I did
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    Well, they weren't menstrual cramps since I was pregnant!!!!! But I had some bad cramps 9 days past ovulation when I am pretty sure he ovulated, and then cramping off and on for much of the first trimester, but not nearly as bad as my menstrual cramps (but mine are bad - they were much worse than labour!!!!!)
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• solangesolange Posts: 2,539Registered Users
    Witht hte first pregnancy, not only did I have cramps, I continued to have light but regular periods into my 2nd trimester!! I didn't even know I was pregnant until I had an infection/ovarian cyst and had to see the doctor!!!
    3C, BSL Unstretched -
  • M2LRM2LR Posts: 8,630Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    FoxyCurl2 wrote:
    I went through IVF a week and a half ago and have been feeling incredible menstrual like cramps since last week. Every morning I feel like I'm getting my period but nothing. Some have said this is actually a good sign, it's really confusing for me! I'm actually due for my period tomorrow and I go in for my first pregnancy test. It's a little nerve racking with these cramps though...just don't know what to think :scratch:

Did you have cramps when you were pregnant?

Yes, cramping with no period was my first sign, and occurred the week that my period was due.
    :rambo:
  • mishymishy Posts: 33Registered Users
    Yes - all signs pointed to just plain old PMS, except that my period never came.

Good luck and positive vibes!
    Mishy (color-treated, thick, 2b/2c, several inches below shoulder length, long layers).
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I had some mild cramping about a week before my period was due, which now I know was probably implantation. I had some continued cramping pretty much all the way through the first trimester. I was also very weepy pretty much immediately after conceiving.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • beckysmabeckysma Posts: 241Registered Users
    I didn't have this. (My first sign was falling asleep at my desk.)

But based on all the posts above mine, it sounds encouraging! Good luck!!
    3b, fine, but LOTS of it...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file