We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Seashore hair, HELP!!

Catsmd71Catsmd71 Posts: 93Registered Users
Hi,

I was swimming in the southeastern seas recently - I know, there are sharks! Anyway my hair was so perfect and soft after being in the ocean and the windy air naturally drying it. It didn't have that "fake" recreated look we do daily to it with conditioners and lots of products. Is there anyway to recreate the "ocean" effect. Should I mix salt into my conditioner? Any advice will help a lot. Thanks.
Curly 3a. Letting it grow, using conditioners and products that are PRO curl and not straightening thanks to NC.com.
PW: curlz

Comments

• YomYom Posts: 1,146Registered Users
    I don't know whether you want to add salt to your conditioner, salt can be very drying for your hair...

Your hair looks so healthy now!!!
    3A/B-ish BSL thick hair
    Modified CG since 08/10/2007
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FCurly-Y%2F" class="Popup (updated september 6)
    pw: currrly
  • Catsmd71Catsmd71 Posts: 93Registered Users
    Hi,

Thanks. I don't want to do anything damaging to my hair but I just loved the softness and conditioning of the sea on my hair.
    Curly 3a. Letting it grow, using conditioners and products that are PRO curl and not straightening thanks to NC.com.
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    There is a recipe under recipe section for an all one spray that does have some salt in it. I like it alot.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • miralalunamiralaluna Posts: 168Registered Users
    You can do a sea-salt wash/rinse
    There's some information and techniques on this "No (sham)Poo" community:
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.livejournal.com%2Fno_poo%2Ftag%2Fsalt-water%2Bwash" class="Popup

I also love my hair after coming out of the sea. I may try filling my sink with saltwater and dunking my head in.... :)
    Fine texture (I think?!), normal porosity
    No 'poo since May 2007

Current products (used only as & when required!):
    - Naked Sensitive Scalp conditioner
    - Shikakai powder
    - Jojoba oil

My Fotki - pw: curlywhirly
  • Catsmd71Catsmd71 Posts: 93Registered Users
    Hi,

Thanks, yes I agree. Dunking in the water at home may be your best bet. However, there is a connection btw. the saltwater and the warm breeze that really "set" my curls so nice. In the SE of the US (I'm in N. Carolina) the water is so nice and warm. I'm guessing warm water and salt are the key. Thanks.
    :bounce:
  • JaxieJaxie Posts: 1,282Registered Users
    I love the way my hair after being at the shore as well. I'm thinking of trying the recipe on the recipe board for the spray.
    This makes me so sad because John Frieda Beach Blonde USED to a have sea spray that worked really well, but discontinued it! :hmph:
    2c or 3a Cut most of my hair off in July '12 and am working on regrowing it.
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    Jaxie wrote:
    I love the way my hair after being at the shore as well. I'm thinking of trying the recipe on the recipe board for the spray.
    This makes me so sad because John Frieda Beach Blonde USED to a have sea spray that worked really well, but discontinued it! :hmph:

Loved that STUFF!!
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file