Help Solia Flat Iron users!!!

Libra08Libra08 Posts: 242Registered Users
Whenever I use my Solia my hair has between a faint and mild burnt smell. I haven't seen anyone else complain about this and I'm wondering if it's just the heat protectant I use on my hair and the coconut oil. Before I straighten my hair I put Let's Jam Straightening cream and coconut oil on it and set the temperature on 370. I even reduced the amount of product I used to see if that was the product but my hair still smelled burnt. Any suggestions? What heat protectants do you curlies use? Thanks!!!
comic-p.jpg

Comments

• JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    Don't oil your hair before or it will most likely fry.
    3b-3c CG
  • Libra08Libra08 Posts: 242Registered Users
    ahhhh! Thanks! I thought I saw that CurlyNikki puts coconut oil on before she flat irons, but after I searched for the post again she puts it on after! I hope this solves the problem, but I just straightened my hair so I won't know until about six more weeks I really hope I haven't damaged my hair so far, but I do a protein treatment and deep conditioning treatment every week so hopefully that helped save my hair....well I pray it did...I'm going to my beautician Monday so she can chop off all the damage for me :wink:
    comic-p.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file