recommend a good long wear lip color

NeedSleepNeedSleep Posts: 102Registered Users
I have stopped using the long wear lip colors because they are so drying. I always ended up with chapped lips and the stuff was never comfortable either.

I'd like to try a new one....

I've used the Chanel one which was ok, the Outlast and the one by Max Factor.
password: wavy

Comments

• rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    MAC Pro Longwear
    Sephora's house brand - Maniac Long Wearing Lipstick
    Urban Decay Lip Envy
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Novice
    My favorite's the Chanel. I just don't like that there are so few colors.

Stila makes a felt tip pen lip color. You have to put your own lip gloss or lipstick over it. Since it's more of a stain, it's not drying.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • JaiJai Posts: 13Registered Users
    Revlon Colorstay
    "people should be not afraid of their governments. governments should be afraid of their people." V for Vendetta
    3b -Joico Moisture Endure-CG No Poo Method-CurlsUP Gel and Biosilk Silk Therapy
  • RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Was the Outlast drying too? I was looking at that one. I was also just looking at the Mac Pro Longwear today on the website. A coworker has been using that one and likes it other than the clear gloss that was with it had sparkle in it and she doesn't like that.
    Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
    Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
    Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town
  • goldilocks777goldilocks777 Posts: 1,020Registered Users
    Do any of these not kiss off? I'm in a play and need something that will, well, stay on ME and not the person I have to smooch :-)
  • AthenaAthena Posts: 36Registered Users
    I've tried long-wearing lipcolor versions from Revlon, Covergirl, Max Factor, Clinique and Lancome. Of these, I find Lancome the best as the others flaked off my lips in patches, forcing me to have to completely reapply after about 3-4 hours. Clinique was a good runner-up as there seemed to be less flaking. Lancome's version faded into a stain, unlike the first four and more so than Clinique, so I was left with some pigment to my lips (beyond my own lip color). If you religiously apply the glosses several times throughout the day, the colors fare better, but I don't always have time to do that--hence the reason for wanting to find a good long-wearing l/s. Lancome didn't really feel drying like the others. It also did a good job at not leaving a mark.
    "A great deal of talent is lost in the world for want of a little courage."
    ~~Sydney Smith
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    bumping for violets!
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file