The dad on Little People Big World arrested for DUI...

kcckcc Posts: 681Registered Users
0731_matthew_mugshot.jpg
According to the Washington County Sheriff's Office, 45-year-old Matthew Roloff was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of intoxicants, around midnight on June 19 after cops claim that Roloff's van had been swerving on the road.

Roloff, who then failed a field sobriety test, was taken to Washington County Jail, where he was cited and released.

Article
And you know, I'm really not totally sold on the sandwich idea. They're kind of traditional, I know I said that, don't question me about that, but they aren't really all that chic, you know? --fig jam

Comments

• MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users Curl Novice
    That's not a bad mug shot!
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Munchy wrote:

I was thinking that too.. :oops:

I wonder if this will be incorporated into the show or not.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • M2LRM2LR Posts: 8,630Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    OMG.

:drunken:
    :rambo:
  • PoPo Posts: 2,607Registered Users
    Why do people smile in their mug shots? I would be a cryin' fool.
    3c/4a
  • kcckcc Posts: 681Registered Users
    Munchy wrote:

I was thinking that too.. :oops:

I wonder if this will be incorporated into the show or not.

Yeah, it's a pretty good pic, and he's smiling. I wonder if it will be in the show too. DH and I love watching the show. For some reason I laughed out loud when I saw the story. :o
    And you know, I'm really not totally sold on the sandwich idea. They're kind of traditional, I know I said that, don't question me about that, but they aren't really all that chic, you know? --fig jam
  • iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users
    I like this show. It makes me sad that he would drive drunk--it is so irresponsible and puts other's lives at risk.
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • LAwomanLAwoman Posts: 2,949Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    WOW, I'm really surprised about that. He's not setting a very good example for his brood!

Maybe he was still drunk/high?
    LAwoman wrote:
    WOW, I'm really surprised about that. He's not setting a very good example for his brood!

It's definitely not a good example to set. And good point, that has the be the reason why people smile, still being drunk would be the only thing that makes sense.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    LAwoman wrote:

LOLOLOL
    :laughing9:

LAwoman wrote:

LOLOLOL
    :laughing9:

:occasion5: couldn't resist using a new emoticon..
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,727Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    What a shame. He spoke at a nearby college and gave the most amazing speech. Hope he learns from this mistake.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • LieselLiesel Posts: 189Registered Users
    Po wrote:

I'd be dying of embarrassment. Good picture though. :)

• DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Posts: 2,729Registered Users
    I was shocked to read that. He is always on his kids and wif about responsibility. I bet his wife must have been LIVID when she heard about this (I love how they bicker on the show). You know she laid it on him when he got home.

I hope they DO incorporate it into the show, and show him going to his court date, accept responsibility, etc. They probably will, they incorporated their youngest son's pumpkin launcher accident.
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    I wonder what kind of field sobriety test you do on a guy who walks with crutches?
  • rainshowerrainshower Posts: 4,420Registered Users
    SuZenGuide wrote:
    I wonder what kind of field sobriety test you do on a guy who walks with crutches?

you see, i was thinking that, but decided to let someone else ask it.
    "Dogs stink too, but I like dog stink." ~ rileyb
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    He does take a good picture. Very photogenic.
    rainshower wrote:
    SuZenGuide wrote:

Maybe the finger to the nose one, or the saying the alphabet backwards or something.
    M2LR & Co. wrote:
    rainshower wrote:
    SuZenGuide wrote:

Maybe the finger to the nose one, or the saying the alphabet backwards or something.

That's what I was thinking too. Ones that don't involve walking.
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • IndianCurlsIndianCurls Posts: 54Registered Users
    I have to say, KayceeCurly, that when you posted the mug shot and blurb from TMZ.com I was skeptical, because like others I thought that a little person on crutches would naturally "fail" the walking part of the field sobriety test, and perhaps he was swerving on the road because the mechanism that allows him to reach the foot pedals was malfunctioning or something. I really didn't want to believe that Matt, such an inspirational father figure on such a wholesome family show, would get a DUI.

But I Googled it and you're right, he has been trying to keep this out of the public eye since June, and he refused to take a breathalizer test. He had his court date recently. Wow, what a shock! And yes, I bet his wife Amy was furious over this. Their personalities are completely different in my opinion, and it seems like they disagree over just about everything. I wouldn't be surprised if this DUI ended up being the breaking point and they separate.
    Black, shoulder length 3B

Law Student at Wayne State University, Class of 2010
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    What's his poison, I wonder... :?

• NYCurlyGirlyNYCurlyGirly Posts: 1,012Registered Users
    wow, i'm so dissapointed!! He always seemed like such a cool dad - kinda reminds me of my own dad. They seem like such a close, nurturing family, I hope this doesn't lead to divorce! I think Matt ad Amy make a great team and I tihnk their kids are all good eggs.
    "Yo, James, i'm really happy for you, i'm gonna let you finish killing Bella in a minute, but Demetri was one of the best Trackers of ALL time!"

www.myspace.com/mimichica
    He has always seemed more irresponsible and immature than his wife, at least to me.
    iris427 wrote:
    He has always seemed more irresponsible and immature than his wife, at least to me.

OMG, yes.
    ITA.
  • MarMar Posts: 3,004Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    iris427 wrote:

I agree,which is why this doesn't surprise me at all.
    "what's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?"

"If you judge people,you have no time to love them"
    -Mother Theresa
  • gggg Posts: 1,865Registered Users
    Glad no one was hurt.
    You don't have to blow out my flame to make yours burn brighter.

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.

How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    he's cute.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
    iris427 wrote:

I agree. He is so impulsive and semi-emotional.
  • gekko422gekko422 Posts: 4,869Registered Users
    wow, i'm so dissapointed!! He always seemed like such a cool dad - kinda reminds me of my own dad. They seem like such a close, nurturing family, I hope this doesn't lead to divorce! I think Matt ad Amy make a great team and I tihnk their kids are all good eggs.

Would people really get divorced over a dui?
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

You know why pandas are endangered? Cause pandas ain't got no game.

Jesus loves you, but I'm his favorite.
  • ScarletScarlet Posts: 3,125Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I would venture to guess that this isn't the first time he's driven drunk. Maybe it's just the first time he's been caught. I think if he gets :drunken: regularly, Amy probably already knows.
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
    I wouldn't be surprised if he's on a lot of medications for all of the pain or complications that so many surgeries may have caused. That with drinking is a no no.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file