Robin Roberts has breast cancer

MarMar Posts: 3,004Registered Users Curl Neophyte
"what's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?"

"If you judge people,you have no time to love them"
-Mother Theresa

Comments

• FreeCurlsFreeCurls Posts: 4,408Registered Users
    I know. it's so sad. i hope she'll be okay.
    [FONT=&quot]Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce & FreeCurls[/FONT]

• CynaminbearCynaminbear Posts: 4,476Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I hope she does well and comes through with flying colors.
    She's another example of the importance of self-breast exams.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
  • picklesgirlpicklesgirl Posts: 1,955Registered Users
    thankfully she did the selfexam who knows how long she would of had it without knowing had she not done that.

We should start a self exam club where we all do them the same week or so and then report that we did it then we'll all get a little reminder to do them. Just a thought
  • IndianCurlsIndianCurls Posts: 54Registered Users
    We should start a self exam club where we all do them the same week or so and then report that we did it then we'll all get a little reminder to do them. Just a thought

That's a great idea.
    Black, shoulder length 3B

Law Student at Wayne State University, Class of 2010
  • DoodlesDoodles Posts: 1,984Registered Users
    Aw, that's sad...I hope she'll be okay!
    2A/2B, fine, normal porosity

Growing out a pixie as of November 2013 :elephant:

Shampoo: Elucence MBS & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Conditioner: Elucence MBC & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Leave-in: CJ BeautiCurls
    Stylers: BA gel & AG Re:coil

Product Junkie that keeps falling off the wagon!:tongue3:
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users Curl Neophyte

Ideally, SBE should be done a week after your period, so unless all the women in your club are cycling together, it's probably not a great idea.
  • fraufrau Posts: 6,130Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    That's a great idea.
    i agree! no time like the present.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Wow, that sucks. I love Robin. I got to meet her last time I was in NYC. She is verrrry tall [lol] & a very nice lady! I hope she will be ok, as well.
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• MMWMMW Posts: 557Registered Users
    I am so glad she caught it early, and I really hope she'll be okay. I like her a lot.
  • Myradella3Myradella3 Posts: 2,481Registered Users

Ideally, SBE should be done a week after your period, so unless all the women in your club are cycling together, it's probably not a great idea.

It will still work with modifications. When my sorority did this, we had to call our partner during the first week of the month. We were to remind them to do the BSE. If it wasn't the time of the month to for your partner to check, we'd seek to identify the time when it was so that a return call could be made. Another thing we did was in January we got a laminated calendar. Then we'd circle, with a green marker, the week during each month that we're to check. Clubs can be used to help.
  • picklesgirlpicklesgirl Posts: 1,955Registered Users
    Myradella3 wrote:

It will still work with modifications. When my sorority did this, we had to call our partner during the first week of the month. We were to remind them to do the BSE. If it wasn't the time of the month to for your partner to check, we'd seek to identify the time when it was so that a return call could be made. Another thing we did was in January we got a laminated calendar. Then we'd circle, with a green marker, the week during each month that we're to check. Clubs can be used to help.

we could still post when we do our exam and then it would atleast remind others to do theirs

it's either that or figure out who cycles with whom but that may be TMI.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file