Star Jones FINALLY admits gastric bypass

loosecurlsloosecurls Posts: 637Registered Users
Why does she need to admit this? Was there anyone who actually believed that she lost weight thru diet & exercise????

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/07/31/arts/NA-A-E-CEL-US-Jones-Reynolds.php
Slinky's rule for NC.com:

I suppose I can't judge you because you married a serviceman and it is wartime. Boo hoo. You must be loney sitting at home with nothing else to do but pick on people. Why don't you go masterbate again?

Comments

• MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users Curl Novice
    loosecurls wrote:
    Was there anyone who actually believed that she lost weight thru diet & exercise????

No
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I find it annoying that she didnt admit it upfront. It is like she was ashamed of it - not a good role model.

ETA-oops - read the article and she does say she was ashamed. But I am still annoyed. :?
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • DoodlesDoodles Posts: 1,984Registered Users
    xcptnl wrote:
    I find it annoying that she didnt admit it upfront. It is like she was ashamed of it - not a good role model.

ETA-oops - read the article and she does say she was ashamed. But I am still annoyed. :?

:lol:
    2A/2B, fine, normal porosity

Growing out a pixie as of November 2013 :elephant:

Shampoo: Elucence MBS & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Conditioner: Elucence MBC & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Leave-in: CJ BeautiCurls
    Stylers: BA gel & AG Re:coil

Product Junkie that keeps falling off the wagon!:tongue3:
  • SCGSCG Posts: 5,416Registered Users
    loosecurls wrote:
    Why does she need to admit this? Was there anyone who actually believed that she lost weight thru diet & exercise????

That's exactly what I thought when I saw this headline.

I, for some reason, thought that she already admitted it, because it was so widely known!

"And death is at your doorstep
    And it will steal your innocence
    But it will not steal your substance
    But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
  • Aries_jbAries_jb Posts: 1,556Registered Users
    :shock: What?!! You mean her weight loss wasn't natural?! :lol:
    www.myspace.com/littlemonkey0403
    3B that is no longer CG, but still endeavors to have healthy hair by not using sulfates.
  • xotikloksxotikloks Posts: 92Registered Users
    Duh!
    You are never given a dream without also being given the power to make it come true.

Author Unknown
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    I saw recent pictures of her and she looks really good. Even her face looks better. For awhile her face was really puffy and bloated and her eyes looked strange.
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Posts: 4,476Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Good for her for getting some counselling and coming to terms with the choices she's made.
    I thought she alluded to surgery in her book where she said she sought medical intervention, but didn't specify. I'm just going on memory, now. At the time, I thought it was possible she used the gastric band.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
  • PoPo Posts: 2,607Registered Users
    "Everything about me was already so public (mostly my own doing — talk about dumb!), so of course everyone wanted to know what I had done," she writes. "I was also terrified someone would have a tragic result after emulating me without making an informed decision with her doctor."

"But the complete truth is, I was scared of what people might think of me," she continues. "I was afraid to be vulnerable, and ashamed at not being able to get myself under control without this procedure."

I like that she's been so honest. I can understand why she wouldn't want to tell anyone.
    3c/4a
  • solangesolange Posts: 2,539Registered Users
    medussa wrote:
    I saw recent pictures of her and she looks really good. Even her face looks better. For awhile her face was really puffy and bloated and her eyes looked strange.

Good to know. For a while there she looked emaciated and much older, as though she was ill.

IMO Star is someone that looks best when she has a little bit of weight on her.
    3C, BSL Unstretched -
    solange wrote:
    medussa wrote:

Good to know. For a while there she looked emaciated and much older, as though she was ill.

IMO Star is someone that looks best when she has a little bit of weight on her.

Yeah, I have to agree with that.

• KindredGhost1983KindredGhost1983 Posts: 1,187Registered Users
    it's nobody's business in my opinion
    Curlies add me on myspace!

www.myspace.com/agilruth
  • rainshowerrainshower Posts: 4,420Registered Users

get out of my head. i was about to type that.
    "Dogs stink too, but I like dog stink." ~ rileyb
    rainshower wrote:

8)

www.myspace.com/agilruth
  • the doctorthe doctor Posts: 393Registered Users
    Damnit, I had my money on 'meth'

spring1onu wrote:
    I like having something "down below"
    smurfette wrote:
    What would you call it, sci-fi guru?
    don't click this. seriously.
  • MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users Curl Novice
    the doctor wrote:
    Damnit, I had my money on 'meth'

• JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,408Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

:D I agree. I have a friend that lies about stuff she's embarassed to admit, it doesn't bother me(those are her insecurities that I wish she'd get over but I know it's hard) but I know it bothers some of my friends.
  • yagottaloveyacurlsyagottaloveyacurls Posts: 5,766Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    rainshower wrote:

yup.
  • yagottaloveyacurlsyagottaloveyacurls Posts: 5,766Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I think she was a nice looking woman before the weight loss. I'm glad that she's happier and healthier now, though.
  • Resume WriterResume Writer Posts: 645Registered Users

Normally, I would agree entirely with you. I don't think weight should be a public issue. However, considering she decided to write a tell-all book on her physical (among other things) journey, she should have told the whole truth. She decided to put herself out there to sell a book--in so doing, she had a responsibility to her readers to be honest. Pilates only goes so far.

I do giver her credit, though, for admitting why she wasn't completely honest.
  • gggg Posts: 1,865Registered Users
    Wow what a shocker! I think she looks worse now actually. Something about her neck and head just doesn't look right.
    You don't have to blow out my flame to make yours burn brighter.

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.

How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.
    gg wrote:
    Wow what a shocker! I think she looks worse now actually. Something about her neck and head just doesn't look right.

I agree....looks a bit disproportioned or something. Oh well, at least she looks healthier. I remember watching the view and i was so distracted by her "darth vader like" breathing whenever she talked.

• KCLKCL Posts: 1,663Registered Users
    loosecurls wrote:

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/07/31/arts/NA-A-E-CEL-US-Jones-Reynolds.php

Well you obviously still have to diet in order to lose weight with a gastric bypass and you probably have to encorporate some form of exercise for it to be successful long term...so I don't think the surgery is an alternative to diet and exercise.

But it was pretty silly for her not to admit it as that's what most people thought anyway. In fact, if she would have been honest about her weight loss it probably would have improved her popularity.
    If there were more people on earth who desired their own happiness more than the unhappiness of others we would have a paradise ~ Bertrand Russell

Normally, I would agree entirely with you. I don't think weight should be a public issue. However, considering she decided to write a tell-all book on her physical (among other things) journey, she should have told the whole truth. She decided to put herself out there to sell a book--in so doing, she had a responsibility to her readers to be honest. Pilates only goes so far.

I do giver her credit, though, for admitting why she wasn't completely honest.

Ahh, well if she wrote a 'tell-all' book, that puts a whole new spin on things eh? kind of like someone telling their 'stay-young' secrets when they really got botox.

www.myspace.com/agilruth
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    She has to do something to stay in the news. She's too far from The View and her new show is not all that. What a publicity whore.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • dia99dia99 Posts: 1,998Registered Users
    She admitted this in June of last year when she was let go from The View on Larry King Live. I remember watching it and thinking that her book pretty much said it, anyway. Here is the transcript..

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0606/29/lkl.01.html
    KING: You lived with it. She mentioned the skinny thing and part of the development, and Barbara told me this, that when they did the surveys of when you were losing favor with the audience was when you discussed your weight loss as if you had done it with portions and eating and that no one believed that.

And that the crew of "The View" kind of covered for you that they sort of knew there was some sort of surgery involved, couldn't understand why you wouldn't just say that rather than go into this thing which they didn't believe and apparently the audience didn't believe.

REYNOLDS: You know that's very interesting, Larry, because when you and I talked about this we actually talked about it for an hour last time I was here with you. You quoted from my book where I specifically say that because of my health I couldn't breathe. I couldn't walk. Talking was difficult. That I needed a full scale medical intervention and that my doctors had to step in and save my life. I've said it in writing. I've said it in person. I said it to you. You all brought it up on the screen. And so for anybody to suggest that I...

KING: You're saying you always said there was surgery?

REYNOLDS: I've always said that there was a medical -- I mean look at me for goodness sake. I've been...

KING: So where was the impression given that you did this on a diet?

REYNOLDS: I have no idea why anybody would suggest that that's the statement that I've made. I actually have always said it was a medical intervention always.

KING: That means surgery right?

REYNOLDS: What else could it mean?

KING: OK. What did Barbara mean when she said "The View" kind of covered for you on that?

REYNOLDS: Well, you know what here's the thing. Over nine years, as you might imagine, there are private things that went on with each one of us with our children, with our husbands, with our own personal health and each one of us respected the other's privacy.

That's what you do when you're colleagues and I respected theirs and everything they asked me to. And it was my expectation and my great honor that they respected my privacy. We're talking about health Larry. We're not talking about shoes. We're talking my health.

KING: But they said they did respect it because they never said anything. They never countered you.

REYNOLDS: Well you know what and I -- but I didn't ask them to. I didn't ask them to do anything other than respect me the way I respected them and I was so appreciative of that. My crew protected me, my staff.

KING: To protect you from what? You didn't do anything wrong.

REYNOLDS: No, it was my privacy as it relates to my health and just like we do on the show every day do you know how many thing have occurred over nine years, just guess with women the things that have occurred.

[/i]
    People rise to the standard expected of them. GC
  • Resume WriterResume Writer Posts: 645Registered Users
    Ahh, well if she wrote a 'tell-all' book, that puts a whole new spin on things eh? kind of like someone telling their 'stay-young' secrets when they really got botox.

That's how it struck me. In fairness, I didn't actually read the book; I'm going on what I heard from her media tours. On her book web site, Star says that she made some “big changes,” and she wrote the book to “share the secrets of [her] journey.” In reading the description, it looks like the main focus of the book is on finding love and happiness, though--not strictly her physical journey.

Maybe I’m being too harsh. It just seemed strange that she would opt to write a book about the "secrets of her journey" yet leave the part about major surgery out.

I know it’s a sensitive issue for people dealing with it, and, as I said, I give her credit for admitting to it now. It shows her humanity.
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Posts: 5,136Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks Star's face looks horrible now. If she gained 20 lbs, maybe it would look better. Or maybe she just needs some skin to be removed. Does anyone know what Barbara and she got into an argument over?
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • KCLKCL Posts: 1,663Registered Users
    I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks Star's face looks horrible now. If she gained 20 lbs, maybe it would look better. Or maybe she just needs some skin to be removed. Does anyone know what Barbara and she got into an argument over?

I think it had something to do with her being fired from The View and how she announced she was leaving early instead of waiting until months later like was agreed to.
    If there were more people on earth who desired their own happiness more than the unhappiness of others we would have a paradise ~ Bertrand Russell
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    This is a recent picture of her...I think she looks good.

23455.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file