Success!!!

cymprenicympreni Registered Users Posts: 9,609 Curl Neophyte
well some. I had the worst day today, nothing went right at all. Busy too, 3 appointments in 3 different cities.

This morning I did a quick wash, but today I did something a little different. Inspired by the b&a videos posted the other day. I tried sectioning, but slightly different. I hadn't really mesed alot with it before because my hair is so thin I didn't think it would make much of a difference. I normally wash my hair upside down, and I didn't want to flip it up just to section it like in the video. I separated it in 4 sections, what I guessed would have been left/back and so on. and otherwise did like the video suggested.

I had enough time to plopp for 20 min and was literally pulling the towel off my hair while walking out the door so my hair was pretty wet. I was expecting a disaster, I have NEVER had windproof hair.

Long story short I spent most the day on the highway with windows down. then came home wollowed on the couch, took a nap with hair down and loose. And around 10pm I finally looked at my hair and WOW. Not bad considering what I put it through, a little fluffy, not alot of definition, more like soft loose curls, kinda pretty actually. But most importantly it doesn't look like I put my finger in a light socket.

If my hair can survive today without turning into a poofball, then a normal day should be no problem. Now I can say at least one thing went right today. :)

Comments

• sblbsblb Registered Users Posts: 30
    where was the B&A video posted? I must have missed it.
    Sharon
    Sharon, 57 yo curly top from The Villages in Florida
  • cymprenicympreni Registered Users Posts: 9,609 Curl Neophyte
    http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=mdellinger2&p=r

I also didn't comb as much either. I kinda let it clump into 4 clumps and finger combed then smothed it though and then shook, scrunched and plopped.
  • realisticrealistic Registered Users Posts: 2,222 Curl Novice
    Isn't it funny how your hair can somehow look cute on days like that?
    Then I'll have days where I do everything right and don't let anything disturb my hair until its dry...and it looks like crap.
    I don't get it.
    Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. I sat at a table where were rich food and wine in abundance, and obsequious attendance, but sincerity and truth were not;
    and I went away hungry from the inhospitable board.
    -Henry David Thoreau
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Registered Users Posts: 10,573 Curl Connoisseur
    realistic wrote:
    Isn't it funny how your hair can somehow look cute on days like that?
    Then I'll have days where I do everything right and don't let anything disturb my hair until its dry...and it looks like crap.
    I don't get it.

:laughing3: Silly girl! Did you forget that our hair has a mind of its own?! :mrgreen:

cympreni - I hope that's a good sign that your hair will be great more often. :)
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • DitdahDitdah Registered Users Posts: 151
    I was SOOO tired this morning, and running late. So I just stuck my hair up in a shower cap in the shower, and then in a scrunchie for work. I haven't worn my hair all up at work since I cut it off, almost 6 months ago. Everyone kept telling me "Ooooo! You look so cute! I love the little curly 'poof' you have!" So, my bad hair day gets GREAT reactions.

Go figure!

:dontknow:
    2B/3A, THICK. CG since 6/5/07
    Alternating Deva LoPoo/VO5 Kiwi Lime, OneC, re:coil, Alagio Curl Cream, LTW, LOOB.
    Always looking to buy/swap for re:coil, Deva Brown stuff
    PW: hair
  • cymprenicympreni Registered Users Posts: 9,609 Curl Neophyte
    Ditdah wrote:
    I was SOOO tired this morning, and running late. So I just stuck my hair up in a shower cap in the shower, and then in a scrunchie for work. I haven't worn my hair all up at work since I cut it off, almost 6 months ago. Everyone kept telling me "Ooooo! You look so cute! I love the little curly 'poof' you have!" So, my bad hair day gets GREAT reactions.

Go figure!

:dontknow:

I always have that problem. I can do some pretty elaborate updo's sometimes, and I don't get a second glance. But that time I just do a lazy half-up twist secured with a pencil, EVERYBODY loves it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file