I won something?!

EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Registered Users Posts: 8,792 Curl Neophyte
I heard the doorbell & there was a little box on my doorstep. The box wasn't the right size for a flat iron so I was thinking I really lost my mind when I couldn't remember what else I might have ordered.

It's a Redken Fresh Curls sampler set! :o

This is the second time in my life I've won anything worth more than a 20-oz soda. :lol:

Thank you Redken & nc.com! :D

I can hardly wait to try all the products!

Comments

• hockeymomof3hockeymomof3 Registered Users Posts: 2,159
    Yeah!! Congrats :)

I was so excited when a little package came for me today, but it was just a return address stamper I forgot I ordered! There's still hope, but I won't hold my breath -- I'll just live vicariously through your review if you do one!! ;)
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Conditioner - One Condition
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

Looking to try Devacurl Decadence line next! Can't wait to try it.
  • curlgirl4lifecurlgirl4life Registered Users Posts: 88
    Hey, congrats! Let us know how the products work for you!
    3A curly with shoulder length hair
    lovelovelove HE Set Me Up gel....
    ...still experimenting, any advice welcome! :)
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Registered Users Posts: 10,573 Curl Connoisseur
    Yay for you! :D Let us know how the products work.
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • embudiniembudini Registered Users Posts: 580
    Sorry to break it to ya, but everyone who entered won. Hope you enjoy yours! The shampoo and conditioner seem to be decent. [I "won" too!]
    PW: ihaveafotki :toothy2:
    Fotki UPDATED! 12-14-2007
    3A-3B layered-longer-than-shoulder-length-not-really-CG
    Former Tween Scene Columnist
  • EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Registered Users Posts: 8,792 Curl Neophyte
    embudini wrote:
    Sorry to break it to ya, but everyone who entered won. Hope you enjoy yours! The shampoo and conditioner seem to be decent. [I "won" too!]

:oops: :(

Oh well! :lol:
    embudini wrote:

:oops: :(

Oh well! :lol:

Ah, you had to go and ruin her excitement. :evil: :lol:

So does this mean I'll be getting a box? :D
  • jeamariajeamaria Registered Users Posts: 1,851
    embudini wrote:

How'd you find that out?

Maybe I should have entered, too. :(
  • hockeymomof3hockeymomof3 Registered Users Posts: 2,159
    embudini wrote:

OOOH Yeah...that would be awesome...I would love to try the new stuff! I entered but haven't received anything (YET).
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Conditioner - One Condition
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

Looking to try Devacurl Decadence line next! Can't wait to try it.
  • 2happy2happy Registered Users Posts: 5,138
    embudini wrote:

Not me :cry:
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it.....Piss on it and walk away.
    Location - WI
  • BrioBrio Registered Users Posts: 1,432
    I entered that. I better go check my front door, or is the package small enough to fit in a mailbox?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
  • beckysmabeckysma Registered Users Posts: 241
    I entered, nothing for me!
    3b, fine, but LOTS of it...
  • sweetpeacurlisweetpeacurli Registered Users Posts: 343
    Brio wrote:
    I entered that. I better go check my front door, or is the package small enough to fit in a mailbox?
    I was just thinking that!

(*runs off to check the mail*)

ETA - holy CRAP! what an adventure that turned out to be! I do have a package (haven't opened it yet, but it's huge so I doubt it's hair stuff, it's probably something I ordered and forgot about), but when I was coming back in BOTH cats tried to get out. The older one succeeded. I dropped all the crap I was carrying, closed the door, and managed to chase her down and pick her up. I came back up my front stairs and opened the door again, and the kitten I just got last week almost got out! I had to pretty much kick him to get him to stay inside! Gah!

I almost don't want to open whatever this is now! It's got some kind of bad voodoo karma associated with it!
    Sulfate and Silicone-free since 2005
    CO-wash convert since October 2010
    Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
    Twitter: @sweetpeacurli

Currently loving:
    • Vo5 tea therapy conditioners
    • Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose conditioner
    • Giovanni Direct leave-in
    • Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee
    I am now completely out of the closet as the craziest of crazy cat ladies. I own it. I embrace it. I am one with the crazy.
  • wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Registered Users Posts: 4,306
    beckysma wrote:

Ditto!
    OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock:
  • xcptnlxcptnl Registered Users Posts: 15,678 Curl Connoisseur
    beckysma wrote:

Ditto!

Me either :(
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • Charming NotionCharming Notion Registered Users Posts: 697
    nevermind
    formerly;; girl anachronism

politics is like me and my buddy going hippo hunting. we shoot a hippo and it falls on us. now, instead of using our joint effort of pushing the hippo off of us, we arue for 5 1/2 years on who's idea it was in the first place to go hippo hunting.
    xcptnl wrote:
    beckysma wrote:

Ditto!

Me either :(

same here! but if everyone gets one...maybe there's hope! :D

politics is like me and my buddy going hippo hunting. we shoot a hippo and it falls on us. now, instead of using our joint effort of pushing the hippo off of us, we arue for 5 1/2 years on who's idea it was in the first place to go hippo hunting.
  • embudiniembudini Registered Users Posts: 580
    Hmm... I thought everyone who entered won?!? There was another thread titled Redken but now looking back at it, it only seems like some people won. Oh well! :oops: :roll:
    PW: ihaveafotki :toothy2:
    Fotki UPDATED! 12-14-2007
    3A-3B layered-longer-than-shoulder-length-not-really-CG
    Former Tween Scene Columnist
    I used the Shiner stuff (I forgot the full name :oops:) last night & my hair after sleeping, on a cotton pillowcase even, is unbelievably soft & it gave me nice shine. It's the stuff that contains cyclo-xane & phenyltrimethicone.

A little went a long way. I used a map tack head size.
  • DitdahDitdah Registered Users Posts: 151
    According to the "rules," 1800 people would win. 1000 of the one set and 800 of the other were going to be sent out. (I forget which one had the fewer - whichever was more expensive, obviously.)
    2B/3A, THICK. CG since 6/5/07
    Alternating Deva LoPoo/VO5 Kiwi Lime, OneC, re:coil, Alagio Curl Cream, LTW, LOOB.
    Always looking to buy/swap for re:coil, Deva Brown stuff
    PW: hair
    I tried the shampoo tonight & I have to say it is very gentle! I expected it to be stripping. :cheers:

I forgot about using the conditioner though!
  • missy60missy60 Registered Users Posts: 351
    OH well I havent got one but I never win anything so it figures
  • curlyjenncurlyjenn Registered Users Posts: 590 Curl Connoisseur
    I did finally get one!! I must confess....I washed this morning and used *everything*! :happy2:

So far, everything is great. My hair is really soft, but I'm not dry yet. We'll see how it goes by the end of the day. I really didn't expect to like that shampoo or the conditioner, but I did! I usually like my conditioner to be thicker, but this one was thin and liquidy. It did do a good job, though!
    I'm a 3b, with 3c underneath.
    I'm a product junkie. <3
    I like how well the mousse & gel worked too! Overall, I'm happy about how they work. By the way, my set was the one for Lazy Curls.

If the next couple uses are just as good as the first use, I may just purchase a set. :notworthy:
    hmmm...it seems to be delivering from west to east so maybe there's some hope for me!!!

[quote=girl[anachronism]]hmmm...it seems to be delivering from west to east so maybe there's some hope for me!!![/quote]
    I'm out west in CA and didn't get anything....yet... :(
  • BrioBrio Registered Users Posts: 1,432
    Nuttin' yet for me, either. :cwm21:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
  • Botticelli VenusBotticelli Venus Registered Users Posts: 109
    I got mine too! (West Coast).

I'm going to wait to try it though because I just got a whole bunch of Devacurl stuff.
    Julie Benz: "I really loved on Angel when we would do the flashbacks and I'd have the big, wild, messy long hair that was thick and full and that's how God meant for me to look."
    Redken Fresh Curl kits thread

It ended June 30th & was limited to the first 800 entries for Lazy Curls & 1000 entries for Unruly Curls.

http://redken.com/naturallycurly/contest_ended.cfm
  • KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
    Well, I tried mine this morning (lazy curls), and EEEWWWW! My hair's in a ponytail now. I used the shampoo (ok), conditioner (ok, but nothing special), mousse, and spray gel. I was relying mostly on the mousse for the hold, but I sprayed the gel lightly in case I missed any parts. After I scrunched out the crunch, it looked great for about 5 minutes. Then before I even went out in the humidity, my hair got totally fluffy and lost all definition. I used a little bit of the shiner (less than a pea size for all my hair), and that made my hair look greasy. Ugh!
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • xcptnlxcptnl Registered Users Posts: 15,678 Curl Connoisseur
    Bailey422 wrote:
    Well, I tried mine this morning (lazy curls), and EEEWWWW! My hair's in a ponytail now. I used the shampoo (ok), conditioner (ok, but nothing special), mousse, and spray gel. I was relying mostly on the mousse for the hold, but I sprayed the gel lightly in case I missed any parts. After I scrunched out the crunch, it looked great for about 5 minutes. Then before I even went out in the humidity, my hair got totally fluffy and lost all definition. I used a little bit of the shiner (less than a pea size for all my hair), and that made my hair look greasy. Ugh!

My hair has been doing that with all my products lately so I guess it's OK I didnt get free stuff for my hair to do it with...wait...I am paying for the stuff that is making my hair do that :sad8:
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file