Can't do CG in the summer?

I've fallen off the CG wagon. I live in SW Florida and this is the first summer I've truly tried to go CG. Can't do it! My hair gets frizzy and dry. So, I went from No Poo and One C to Biolage Ultra-Hydrating Shampoo and Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat. I still do the Fast Food leave in and use JoiWhip Mousse.

Anyone else have trouble with CG in the summer?
Rosy :compress:

3A/High Porosity/Medium Density

event.png

Comments

• jeamariajeamaria Registered Users Posts: 1,851
    I am, 'cause I've been using "good" cones and polyquats, too. Add that to my hard water build up, and I'm about to break a record 3 month no-poo stretch. :( I think I've become a little too reliable on the smoothing that amodimethicone and polyquaternium-10 have provided in my products, and I really need to dig a little deeper to create a routine of products that don't include ingredients that can over time, block moisture from my hair. i won't be using sulfates, though, just a cocobetaine poo, very sparingly.

Not sure if it's because of summer, because I'm not experiencing the type of humidity you are, and my hair tends to benefit from the moisture that humidity provides and is more defined and soft.

ETA: You just got married in Jamaica this summer? Which part, and how was it? V belated congrats! :D
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Registered Users Posts: 5,297 Curl Neophyte
    Hmmm, I don't know why your hair would feel dry, but you could still consider yourself "CG" if you do a modified CG routine.

Just b/c you aren't having any luck w/ co-washing through the summer months doesn't mean you have to abandon it altogether. You could use a sulfate free shampoo, and/or shampoo only once a week, and condition often, and still not use cones. You'd still be occasionally shampooing w/o drying out your hair.

But then again, nobody said you HAVE to be CG just b/c you're a curly. It's about finding what works for you.
    ~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.
  • sweetpeacurlisweetpeacurli Registered Users Posts: 343
    babywavy wrote:
    But then again, nobody said you HAVE to be CG just b/c you're a curly. It's about finding what works for you.
    Well put! :lol:
    Sulfate and Silicone-free since 2005
    CO-wash convert since October 2010
    Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
    Twitter: @sweetpeacurli

Currently loving:
    • Vo5 tea therapy conditioners
    • Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose conditioner
    • Giovanni Direct leave-in
    • Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee
    I am now completely out of the closet as the craziest of crazy cat ladies. I own it. I embrace it. I am one with the crazy.
  • Wicked*RosyWicked*Rosy Registered Users Posts: 138
    Thanks, Babywavy. You make sense. :)

Jeamaria, I don't know why my hair goes dry in the humidity. I think I need to play with the amounts of the products that I'm using. Oh, and I got married in Runaway Bay in May. It was beautiful!
    Rosy :compress:

3A/High Porosity/Medium Density

event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file