V05 Conditioners: All The Same?

Recently my local grocery store had a super sale on V05 conditioners–79 cents each, so I bought four and started trying them out. I purchased Green Tea Chamomile, Kiwi Lime, Sun-Kissed Raspberry, and Strawberries and Cream. So far I've used all of them except the Strawberries and Cream.

Is it just me, or is the biggest difference in these their scent (and color)? Or am just I too oblivious to notice any subtle difference in what they're doing to my hair?

Comments

• xcptnlxcptnl Registered Users Posts: 15,678 Curl Connoisseur
    I am with you - I must be oblivous because I didnt notice any huge difference in my hair. Although the kiwi lime does 'feel' like it's cleaning better to me if that makes any sense.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • solangesolange Registered Users Posts: 2,539
    I'd say not - I had tried several with no luck until I hit the Enegizing Nectarine/Tangerine one and wom - my hair really loved it but definitely not the others!!
    3C, BSL Unstretched -
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Registered Users Posts: 2,369
    I love VO5!
    3b-3c CG
  • wildsheepchasewildsheepchase Registered Users Posts: 161
    I'm not saying I don't like them–actually I do like them. They're probably the second best thing I've tried out in the six months since going CG.

However, they're labeled as if they're supposed to do different things (Nourishing/Balancing/Clarifying/Balancing), and I just hadn't noticed any difference. I thought maybe I was just not catching on because I can be very oblivious sometimes. It sounds like I may be right, if the kiwi lime is cleaning xcptnl's hair slightly more. The differences in how they work are probably subtle because they're all so watered down anyway. : )

Unfortunately, I know my local grocery store doesn't carry the whole line, because I don't think I've seen that tangerine one, nor the waterlily/aloe one, which sounds interesting.
  • alaskabellealaskabelle Registered Users Posts: 216
    Don't they have different amounts of protein?
    3aFii, ?/26/36+ (wet)
    CG since 5-29-07
    Current condish: Nature's Gate Aloe & Regis Cherry Almond
  • jlpmom23jlpmom23 Registered Users Posts: 755
    Yeah, I think maybe protein is an issue with VO5. While I LOVE the smell of the ones called "Moisture Milks", my hair is an absolute DISASTER when I have tried to use them. I *think* these have more protein in them.

I too get excellent results with the Vitaburst citrus ones, the Kiwi Lime, the Freesia, and the Tea Therapies. LOVE them! I always have the best hairdays when I co wash w/ any of these.
  • KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
    I found Kiwi and Lime to be more drying than my favorite Passion Fruit smoothie. I don't know if it actually "cleans" better, but I don't like the feeling I have after using it.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • bostonwavesbostonwaves Registered Users Posts: 727
    I love the Clarifying Tea Therapy Vanilla and mint conditioner for a co-wash.
    "What's the good of having naturally curly hair if nobody's jealous?" Freida - Peanuts

~CG 8/06 ~
    fine, wavy - 2b/3a
    KCNT and KKCC
  • meriellynmeriellyn Registered Users Posts: 1,135
    From the ones I've tried find the Kiwi Lime to be the most cleansing, the Chamomile Tea to be the most gentle and the Moisture Milks to be fabulous smelling disaster. :P
    2/f/i, waist length w/ long layers

http://public.fotki.com/thekittenavenger
    pwd: hair

~a wave in a sea of curls ;)
  • kdkd Registered Users Posts: 291
    I use the strawberries, and passion fruit; i have blueberries under the sink i jsut have not used it yet; i like them for what i use them for and that is for co washing especially in the summer; most of the girls talk about the kiwi lime is more for clarifying?
    comic-p.jpg

Hairveda Whipped cream, suave tropical coconut, kenra, pantene r&n mask:color:http://public.fotki.com/silkycurlskd/

event.png
  • andrabellandrabell Registered Users Posts: 73
    Mmm, the vanilla mint tea therapy smells wonderful. The jury is still out if my hair likes it, but my nose adores it.

I've used Various VO5 formulas in the past and they were all too heavy for my hair, but this one seems much lighter and more cleansing.
    IMG_1590-2.jpg
    Wash~Jason Thin to Thick Shampoo
    Leave-in~Cocoa Pink Silky Free mixed with Boots Pink Curl Cream
    Scrunch~Kinky Curly Curling Custard (bow down!)
    Style~Air dry/Pixie Curl diffuse

• bostonwavesbostonwaves Registered Users Posts: 727
    andrabell wrote:
    Mmm, the vanilla mint tea therapy smells wonderful. The jury is still out if my hair likes it, but my nose adores it.

I've used Various VO5 formulas in the past and they were all too heavy for my hair, but this one seems much lighter and more cleansing.

I agree - I have fine 2b/3a hair which can get easily weighed down. The Tea Therapy Clarifying Vanilla mint is my favorite for co washing. And the price is right too!
    "What's the good of having naturally curly hair if nobody's jealous?" Freida - Peanuts

~CG 8/06 ~
    fine, wavy - 2b/3a
    KCNT and KKCC
  • jlpmom23jlpmom23 Registered Users Posts: 755
    A little off topic, but I sometimes wonder if some executive somewhere in the VO5 corporate office sits around trying to figure out why they sell so much more conditioner than shampoo!
  • PrettyPorcupinePrettyPorcupine Registered Users Posts: 258
    A little off topic, but I sometimes wonder if some executive somewhere in the VO5 corporate office sits around trying to figure out why they sell so much more conditioner than shampoo!"

:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:
    Modified CG. You'll pry my 'cones from my cold dead fingers! Mixed waves, coarse, below shoulder length, dark brown. I hate my hair :evil: but I'm trying to learn to accept it.

Gels: LA Looks Wet Look Styling Gel, Garnier Fructis Wet Shine Gel. Condish: Alberto V05 Free Me Fresia, Tresemme' Flawless Curls, LVPNG, Neutrogena Triple Moisture. Shampoo: Tresemme' Flawless Curls. Silicone Serum: Whatever is on sale, but I don't leave home without it.
  • CurlieGlamourGirlieCurlieGlamourGirlie Registered Users Posts: 1,198
    I've been using the Freesia as a co-wash lately and it's been working very well for me.
    3b (I think!)
    HGs - Suave Nexxus Knockoff, Jessicurl Weekly DT, L'Oreal Out of Bed, HESMU.
    http://public.fotki.com/CurlyGlamourGirlie
    http://curlyglamourgirlie.blogspot.com
  • heavengirl410heavengirl410 Registered Users Posts: 821
    I think they just have different scents, although K&L is very clarifying. My favorite is the discontinued scent fruitsation :love1:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file