Acne on the forehead

I've noticed that since going natural, I have a lot more acne on my forehead (all over, really). Obviously, it's b/c I'm applying product to soaking wet hair and it's dripping all over my face. I don't see this going away ever unless I find a way of keeping the water/product off of my face.

Anyone else get more acne too? Have you found any solutions?

Comments

• mslanee1mslanee1 Posts: 439Registered Users
    I have def been experiencing the same things. It has helped a little that I was my face with an acene wash after I apply products and cowash or whatever I am going to do to my hair. I also am using a toner now. I think its Black Opal. It has helped a little but I still need some help getting my skin all the way clear.

Oh yeah I also have tired applying products to damp hair, like I blot it dry then apply prodcuts. I am finding it runs in my face less, and my hair seems to like it more.
    CURRENT PRODUCTS: Oyin Honey Hemp, Honey Wash, Burnt Sugar Pomade, Shine and Define, and Whipped Pudding. Also loving HH Hello Hydration and HENNA!

• kdkd Posts: 291Registered Users
    same here girls, my face has not been acting normal since going natural, but im going to take your advice about cleaning after i apply the product. I bought some aloe sensitive astringent pads for cleaning my face, so hopefully that works for me. im also plopping more and it seems to work so far.
    comic-p.jpg

Hairveda Whipped cream, suave tropical coconut, kenra, pantene r&n mask:color:http://public.fotki.com/silkycurlskd/

event.png
  • naturalbeauty7naturalbeauty7 Posts: 133Registered Users
    o m g!! you took the question right out of my head. I have definately been acne which has never been a problem for me. I figured it was the conditioner and stuff dripping great topic,
    4A--always searching to better moisturize my hair, keep it healthy, and keep it growing. ~God made curly hair for--simply put--beauty!
    http://public.fotki.com/godsnaturalchild7/
  • LadyJAHLadyJAH Posts: 81Registered Users
    Yes, I noticed some acne also, but a bottle of Witch Hazel got rid of it like nothing, all of $1.39
  • kdkd Posts: 291Registered Users
    WITCH HAZEL! Well I'll be . . . I remember that under my mother's sink but i never knew what it was for; i will most def give it a try!
    comic-p.jpg

Hairveda Whipped cream, suave tropical coconut, kenra, pantene r&n mask:color:http://public.fotki.com/silkycurlskd/

event.png
  • denisemouniedenisemounie Posts: 255Registered Users
    try washing your face after applying hair product. I don't have any issues... :scratch:
    4a/4b... at this point, Henna has to be my friend, cause I've tried EVERYTHING else!!

Henna, Afro Detangler, KBB hair cream, Vitamin E oil, Qhemet AOHC, AND no more letting my hair dry curly... darn knots are driving me crazy!!:happy7:

http://public.fotki.com/denisemounie/
  • natashamcknatashamck Posts: 434Registered Users
    Kimshi42,

From your post you said that you had "more acne" so I'm guessing that maybe your skin might be acne prone like mine?

My skin is very prone to breaking out and it is extremely sensitive (so which hazel or anything like that would make it red & angry :angry4:) I didn't really have issues with additional break outs from to product application - but I also plop often, so anything product-filled water that was destined for my face would get caught in my "towel" (which is really just a big t-shirt)

The problem that I'm having now is that I've started doing aerobics (jazzercise) and I sweat heavily. I think that the sweat is combining with my products and is causing break outs...

Does any one else experience this? I've tried taking a shower and thoroughly rinsing my hair before going to work out - but I don't always have time for this... maybe some sort of sweatband/headwrap would help?
    mostly coarse texture, normal porosity... I think?
    HG: Generic Matrix Biolage, KCCC, KCKT, CBSS WSHP
    Yes, you should ALWAYS wash/rinse your face after workouts.... my skin is very sensitive too, but i find that if i keep it clean and moisturized then is usually all good! :happy2:
    4a/4b... at this point, Henna has to be my friend, cause I've tried EVERYTHING else!!

Henna, Afro Detangler, KBB hair cream, Vitamin E oil, Qhemet AOHC, AND no more letting my hair dry curly... darn knots are driving me crazy!!:happy7:

• natashamcknatashamck Posts: 434Registered Users
    Right...

I always wash my face as soon as I get home after a workout... but what can I do for *during* the workout...
    mostly coarse texture, normal porosity... I think?
    HG: Generic Matrix Biolage, KCCC, KCKT, CBSS WSHP
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Hi,

I exercise a lot too and I wear a handkerchief on my head (not a red one!). I take karate so it's fine to wear something like that. If you don't want to wear one, maybe as you mentioned a stretchy head band would work.

As for washing my face after applying product, for some reason I don't think that'd work for me. I think b/c it's easier to keep dabbing the water/product away while I'm putting on my makeup or getting dressed. It takes forever for my hair to dry...I try to avoid blow dryers unless I absolutely need one. I can put on my eye makeup while I'm patting my forehead dry but otherwise I think I'd have to get up even earlier, wait for my hair to dry and then wash my face/apply makeup. But maybe I'm making this more complicated than it is.
  • mslanee1mslanee1 Posts: 439Registered Users
    Maybe its just a differene in applying product. I have found that applying product while my hair is towel dryed it better than when its soaking. So my hair takes awhile to try, but once i towel dry (not rubbing but blotting) I then apply product, there is no dripping at all. Then I wash my face and do make-up.
    CURRENT PRODUCTS: Oyin Honey Hemp, Honey Wash, Burnt Sugar Pomade, Shine and Define, and Whipped Pudding. Also loving HH Hello Hydration and HENNA!

mslanee1 wrote:
    Maybe its just a differene in applying product. I have found that applying product while my hair is towel dryed it better than when its soaking. So my hair takes awhile to try, but once i towel dry (not rubbing but blotting) I then apply product, there is no dripping at all. Then I wash my face and do make-up.

ITA!! :bounce: This is exactly what I do in the morning... towel blotting really makes a difference. Sometimes I'll squeeze the excess water out of my hair too

• CuteCoilsCuteCoils Posts: 118Registered Users
    I have sensitive skin compounded by dermatitis (psoriasis) but get compliments on how nice my skin is... It's taken a long time, but hopefully this will help...and I have found that a modified acne regimen really helps in summer ...

Day Cleanse Regimen
    1. Cleanse with Nasabb honey-oatmeal soap (if you're oily or have sever acne the plantain soap is good for oily acne prone skin)-Use a natural bristle facial brush to gently exfoliate those dead cells.

2. Tone with witch hazel (it's natural and does not contain alcohol like brand toners so it is safe for sensitive skin) but I only use it in summer... You can also tone with a lemon/lime wedge if you want to be totally organic about it.

3. moisturize with olive oil-wheatgerm oil blend (my own concoction I'm really dry so I add a few drops of glycerin to it) (in wintery months/locations I wait 30-90 seconds and add a smidge of nursery jelly over it) --note; if you're oily--instead of oils or nursery jelly, plain organic aloe vera can be used 9it calms the skin and will prevent excess oiliness)

4. Acne vanishing cream (clearasil or proactiv--i like proactiv, but am on a budget during school year, so...)... Just rub it in all over your face a minute or so after you moisturize (and for trouble spots you can use it to spot treat those inflamed bumps at night as well)...

5. Suncreen (banana boat or whatever).. People of African, Hispanic and Asian ancestry have fastest growing skin cancer rates...

Night/Bed-Time cleanse
    1. Cleanse face with cold cream or non-foaming cleanser (Ponds cold cream or Noxema--) This is mainly to remove any makeup or debris from the day--I only exfoliate in the AM...

2. Tone (optional; I'm dry so I only tone once in the day so not to over strip the skin, but oily skin may need toning at nite as well)

3. Moisturize. with olive oil-wheatgerm oil blend (in winter add a smidge of nursery jelly if needed) Of for oily skin use pure, Organic (edible) aloe vera (lily of the desert)

4. 4. any Acne vanishing cream (clearasil or proactiv)... Just rub it in all over your face a minute or so after you moisturize (and for trouble spots you can use it to spot treat those inflamed bumps at night as well)...

Hope this helps!

eta:
    Nasabb soaps can be found at:

http://www.nassabb.com

Clearasil Vanishing Acne Control cream and Witch hazel can be found at:
    Walgreens or CVS or Rite Aid

(rotating) Facial cleansing brushes can be found at:

http://www.beauticontrol.com
    Products and Books That Changed My Life!:

1. Goddess Hair & Skin Recipe Book
    by Jane Johnson (amazon.com)

2. Honey+Conditioner=The BestDang DT, Ever!

3. Aubrey Organics Rosa Mosqueta 'Poo&Cond.
    4. Hair Milk
    CuteCoils wrote:
    http://www.nassabb.com

Clearasil Vanishing Acne Control cream and Witch hazel can be found at:
    Walgreens or CVS or Rite Aid

Have you had good experience with Witch Hazel? My BF has acne (all of a sudden) and I'm considering getting this for him...

• CuteCoilsCuteCoils Posts: 118Registered Users
    Witch hazel is a natural astringent and I think it's really good, but if he has a lot of acne coming on, you'll also need a topical ointment (clerasil) cream to help clear up the pustules, but I like the results I am getting with my summer regimen a lot!

If he needs something more serious and has the budget for it the complete Proactiv or Murad systems both work pretty well for stubborn or severe acne outbreaks .
    Products and Books That Changed My Life!:

1. Goddess Hair & Skin Recipe Book
    by Jane Johnson (amazon.com)

2. Honey+Conditioner=The BestDang DT, Ever!

3. Aubrey Organics Rosa Mosqueta 'Poo&Cond.
    4. Hair Milk
    CuteCoils wrote:
    Witch hazel is a natural astringent and I think it's really good, but if he has a lot of acne coming on, you'll also need a topical ointment (clerasil) cream to help clear up the pustules, but I like the results I am getting with my summer regimen a lot!

If he needs something more serious and has the budget for it the complete Proactiv or Murad systems both work pretty well for stubborn or severe acne outbreaks .

ok, thanks alot! :love1:

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    mslanee1 wrote:

You're right. This must be the issue. So I applied on not-soaking-wet hair today and my hair looked about the same as far as curl definition goes. I guess I was thinking that all products had to be applied like Miss Jessies - to dripping wet hair. I learned something new today! Thanks!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file