Private Messages & E-Mail

SherryLSherryL Posts: 82Registered Users
Hi Gretchen and Michelle!

While I adore the new board format, as it has many advantages, I feel that there are two problems:

1. E-Mail-- in our personal profile we have to check whether or not we want others to have access to our e-mail. However, there is still no e-mail link to just conventionally e-mail someone...just this private message deal. I for one, dislike using the private message function b/c it requires more steps to access than just e-mailing someone conventionally. Hence, I do not e-mail (ir private message) my fellow curlyheads as often anymore. PLEASE reconsider not allowing us to have a direct e-mail link....I REALLY miss having this function at my finger-tips.

Private Messages: While I dislike this function entirely for communication purposes, one of the things that really bothers me about it is that fact that once youread a message it "dissapears"-- even without checking the delete box. Maybe this can be fixed?

Thanks for listening! I hope that you will take my suggestions into consideration!

Sherry
3a, BSL, color treated/highlighted, fine strands (but lots of them), high porosity
Routine: Modified CG, protein lover

:walk:
I'm a curly-headed runner, triathlete and foodie! Sweat, chlorine, sun... my hair gets tortured by it daily. It somehow always manages to 'bounce' another day!

Comments

• dried n frieddried n fried Posts: 6Registered Users
    Another thing with the private message is once you write one and send it, it's gone. So if the person you wrote to sends you an email down the road, I most likely won't remember what I've said before. Is there a way to make it an option for the messages you send this way to save it to a sent folder under your personal message box like you can with email? Thanks!! icon_smile.gif
    Gems: Mode de Vie S & C, Curls Rock or Alterna Text. Glaze with Aura Cacia Curl Enhance Gel on top!
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,831Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    I agree; those same issues bother me. I think we're stuck with them, however, with this new software. But I'll poke around and see what I can find.

Thanks for letting us know.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • SherryLSherryL Posts: 82Registered Users
    Thanks Gretchen!! icon_biggrin.gif
    Sher
    3a, BSL, color treated/highlighted, fine strands (but lots of them), high porosity

I'm a curly-headed runner, triathlete and foodie! Sweat, chlorine, sun... my hair gets tortured by it daily. It somehow always manages to 'bounce' another day!
  • SherryLSherryL Posts: 82Registered Users
    Yipppeeee!!!

I am so happy!!!

The conventional e-mail link is back up and running!!!

Thanks again!! icon_biggrin.gif

• WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Yeppers!!! icon_cool.gif
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,831Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    I found a little option I'd previously missed. Sorry to make y'all suffer so long.

I don't think there's a way to change the way PMing works, however.

[ October 23, 2001: Message edited by: gretchen ]

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file