Private Messages & E-Mail

SherryLSherryL Registered Users Posts: 82
Hi Gretchen and Michelle!

While I adore the new board format, as it has many advantages, I feel that there are two problems:

1. E-Mail-- in our personal profile we have to check whether or not we want others to have access to our e-mail. However, there is still no e-mail link to just conventionally e-mail someone...just this private message deal. I for one, dislike using the private message function b/c it requires more steps to access than just e-mailing someone conventionally. Hence, I do not e-mail (ir private message) my fellow curlyheads as often anymore. PLEASE reconsider not allowing us to have a direct e-mail link....I REALLY miss having this function at my finger-tips.

Private Messages: While I dislike this function entirely for communication purposes, one of the things that really bothers me about it is that fact that once youread a message it "dissapears"-- even without checking the delete box. Maybe this can be fixed?

Thanks for listening! I hope that you will take my suggestions into consideration!

Sherry
3a, BSL, color treated/highlighted, fine strands (but lots of them), high porosity
Routine: Modified CG, protein lover

:walk:
I'm a curly-headed runner, triathlete and foodie! Sweat, chlorine, sun... my hair gets tortured by it daily. It somehow always manages to 'bounce' another day!

Comments

• dried n frieddried n fried Registered Users Posts: 6
    Another thing with the private message is once you write one and send it, it's gone. So if the person you wrote to sends you an email down the road, I most likely won't remember what I've said before. Is there a way to make it an option for the messages you send this way to save it to a sent folder under your personal message box like you can with email? Thanks!! icon_smile.gif
    Gems: Mode de Vie S & C, Curls Rock or Alterna Text. Glaze with Aura Cacia Curl Enhance Gel on top!
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    I agree; those same issues bother me. I think we're stuck with them, however, with this new software. But I'll poke around and see what I can find.

Thanks for letting us know.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • SherryLSherryL Registered Users Posts: 82
    Thanks Gretchen!! icon_biggrin.gif
    Sher
    3a, BSL, color treated/highlighted, fine strands (but lots of them), high porosity

I'm a curly-headed runner, triathlete and foodie! Sweat, chlorine, sun... my hair gets tortured by it daily. It somehow always manages to 'bounce' another day!
  • SherryLSherryL Registered Users Posts: 82
    Yipppeeee!!!

I am so happy!!!

The conventional e-mail link is back up and running!!!

Thanks again!! icon_biggrin.gif

• WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Banned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
    Yeppers!!! icon_cool.gif
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    I found a little option I'd previously missed. Sorry to make y'all suffer so long.

I don't think there's a way to change the way PMing works, however.

[ October 23, 2001: Message edited by: gretchen ]

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file