personal ? for those who practice NFP

goldygoldy Registered Users Posts: 5,463 Curl Connoisseur
i keep reading that the CM is clear and stretchy during ovulation.. but at what point in the cycle would it be thick and almost jelly like? is that ovulation or before? is it a safe zone?

thanks for any replies.. :D

ETA: i know this isn't specifically a pregnancy or parenting question, but i prefer asking you ladies over here as opposed to the whole world in the non hair board..
Poodlehead wrote:
Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:

Comments

• sarah42sarah42 Registered Users Posts: 4,034
    I do not practice NFP, but I am considering it and have done some reading on the subject.

According to what I've read, you are generally fairly dry after menstruation. Then about 6 days prior to ovulation, you start getting "egg white" CM. Immediately after ovulation, CM changes to thick, opaque, and non-elastic.

So, in response to your question, I'd say the thick, jelly-like CM would be AFTER ovulation and would be a safe time.
    ehLB.jpg
  • mad scientistmad scientist Registered Users Posts: 3,530 Curl Neophyte
    For me thick clear jelly-like CM comes immediately before EWCM. I consider it to be fertile.

After ovulation, my CM goes from clear and stretchy to yellow and sticky/crumbly for a couple of days and then dry. I would consider those to be non-fertile.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file