CurlTalk

pineappple with long hair?

cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users
For those of you with longer hair, do you still pineapple? I loved the pineapple at first. But I'm wondering if my hair is too long for it now. I don't get 2nd day hair that much, but I do get alot of bad tangles from my hair not being contained at night that I'm afraid might be detramental to my long hair goals. I don't have a satin pillowcase yet, yeah I know, I should get one, but tell you the truth it's just 1 thing on a very long list of things I need to get.

Comments

• lazy loopslazy loops Posts: 8,792Registered Users
    I did a length check the other day & flat-ironed. It is maybe 2-3 inches from the middle of my back when straight, otherwise 4-5 inches away when curly. This gives you an idea of how long my hair is & why I say the following.

Every now & then I still try to put my hair up Pebbles/pineapple like at night, but it doesn't work because of all the length sticking out. I might as well be wearing it down for all the good it's doing.

What I do quite a bit more of is, once I wrapped the ponytail holder around a high ponytail once or twice, I take & fold over the ponytail into a half bow shape. Then I wrap the rest of the base of it with the ponytail holder. It works wonderfully.

ETA: Scroll down to Hillary Duff on the link. This is somewhat of a low/nape of neck version to what I was trying to describe.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hairstyleswatch.com%2Fsub%2Fteen-hairstyles%2F" class="Popup
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    Man, I never pineappled long or short. It's just not my thing.
    3b-3c CG
  • ElithiaElithia Posts: 297Registered Users
    My hair pineappled the best when it was about BSL. Now it's back up at my collarbone and I'm growing it out again...but it's too short for a pineapple to go. I'm just WAITING because that really seems to work for me....
    Proudly CG since 8/10/06 - the story of my hair!
    Type: 3a/b, very thick
    Length: almost BSL wet
    Products: Suave coconut conditioner, coconut oil, Totally Twisted gel

Don't forget to be awesome!
  • HeatherDawnHeatherDawn Posts: 300Registered Users
    I got a great idea from a fellow curly here - only pull the length half way through the last time. Works great for me!
    HeatherDawn
    2C/3A
  • mariag002mariag002 Posts: 3,557Registered Users
    Excuse my ignorance but what the heck is a pineapple?!!
    :drunken:
    - Maria

Big Chop: 9/23/07
    Relaxer free for almost 5 years!

• lazy loopslazy loops Posts: 8,792Registered Users
    I got a great idea from a fellow curly here - only pull the length half way through the last time. Works great for me!

That's what I was trying to explain, but you said it in so few words! :lol: