CurlTalk

Kinky Curly Knot Today/ expanded to inlcude KCCC too

redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
[buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]Kinky Curly Knot Today[/buylink] Leave In/Detangler
Me: Coarse, thick 3B/A - long hair. I get plenty of knots and tangles, especially at the nape.

PROS:
:arrow: Awesome detangling
:arrow: CG friendly - cone free

CONS:
:arrow: I have to buy it online
:arrow: I need a bigger bottle!! A bit expensive for the amount I use.

Other aspects that may be pro or con for you depending on your needs.
Protein free (Yipee for me!!)
Oil free
Light consistency
There is a fragrance listed on the bottle, but this didn't smell like anything to me.
Glycerin free for those with finicky hair dye.

Ingredients:

Aqueous extracts of wild cherry bark, slippery elm, marshmallow root, cetyl alcohol, stearalkonium chloride, citric acid, DMDM Hydantoin and natural fragrance.

I saw this mentioned by thinfine during a discussion about protein free conditioners. I perked up because I thought that I had tried out most of the protein free stuff already. This product was new to me. I had heard some mixed reviews on customer service and shipping costs from the KC website, so I got mine off of ebay. The shipping was faster and less expensive than it would have been on the KC website.

The consistency surprised me at first. I poured out too much my first time as it is on the thinner side. I looked at it and figured that it could never detangle my thick mop. Looking at the ingredient list didn't help much either as nothing seemed magical there. But, as I put it in my hair, those knots really dissolved!!! Quick and easy! I didn't feel the seaweedy slip that people like, so it seemed weird that a non-slippery product could detangle so well. The conditioning properties were even fairly decent for a thinner product.

It also makes a nice leave in for me, perhaps due to its lightness. It puts many of those stray hairs back into my curls. No problems rinsing during my next water dunking.

The only downside for me is the small bottle size of 8oz for $12 before shipping. It's been just over a week and my bottle is almost empty since I use this to detangle and then again as a leave-in (I use a heavier condish in between). I really wish it came in bigger sizes.

I really like this stuff and so does thinfine. So, if a thick corse head and a thin fine head can both like this, it probably has wide pro-curly potential. Those of you who like a lighter condish may be able to use this all alone.

Performace: :D
More neutral on other aspects, mostly due to bottle size.

I have already re-ordered, so I guess I'm satisfied overall. :lol:
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.

Comments