Deedles...Liam Update?

inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Registered Users Posts: 2,954 Curl Connoisseur
Hey Deedles,

Just curious how Liam is doing with his walking (crawling) and eating non-baby food?

Chas is pulling up and he will walk back and forth between things while holding on. He's not real steady but he's getting there.

I started giving him some real food...like green beans this week. He ate them one day and the next day he picked them up and put them in the pocket of his bib. The only way he would eat them was if I hid them in some baby peaches. I also got him to eat some bananna with the mesh bag. I'm going to try eggs this week...I figure he's close enough to a year. Most things he won't even try. He ate rice but refused mash potatoes.

Did you decide on Liam's 1st birthday theme? Dad wanted Dinosaurs...so that's what we're doing.

Comments

• deedlesdeedles Registered Users Posts: 2,467 Curl Connoisseur
    Hey IC,

Hopefully we will also hear from Trenllm since she is getting towards the year mark too!!!

Can you believe how fast this year has gone by? :shock: :shock:

Liam turns ONE in exactly 14 days!! geez!

so far he can..

* pull himself up (was having problems but now is doing it pretty easily)

* can cruise the furniture (actually the coffee table.. he goes round
    and round and round.. also cruises the couch his daycare provider
    (homebased) calls him her little gerbil.. he just goes and goes

* loves to clap

* can crawl well on belly but is now realizing that on the knees is
    so much faster..

* says "mama, dada" but not to correct person all the time.. also says
    baba

FOODS

* eats all 2nd and 3rd Foods (jar)

* loves cheerios and puffs

* applesauce, yogurt, french fries, ravioli, mac n cheese, green beans
    potatoes, hamburger, chicken...

* we will be staring to ween him off formula this week and onto whole
    milk so wish us luck!!

BUT!!!

STILL NO TEETH!!! (at least none that I can see)

his birthday theme is sesame street!!!
    Liam: 6 years old
    Colin: 3 years old
  • SpiderSpider Registered Users Posts: 3,381 Curl Neophyte
    DD didn't get her first tooth until she was almost a year old. I wonder if DS (now 5 months old) isn't getting one from his voracious gumming and drooling.
    Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Registered Users Posts: 2,954 Curl Connoisseur
    Wow, Liam is eating Hamburgers and Chicken with no teeth!!! I can't belive it's been a year Deedle. It's gone so fast. Both our little guys will be all over the place soon.

Chas did better with his green beans last night. :) I'll try potatoes soon. I've tried hamburger...but he makes a face and refuses.

He says Ba for ball and bottle (you can tell a little difference in the two). He says and knows Dada. No Mama... :(

I'm weening Chas right now. He's down to once a day on the boobie. Otherwise, he's on formula. Let me know how that goes with moving from formula to milk. Are you planning on going cold turkey or mixing?

How does Liam do with a sippy cup? I have yet to get Chas to like one. We tried all types. Chas is becoming very attached to his bottles as I ween so I'm afraid he's going to reject it even more?

Anybody have tricks to get a little one to start using a sippy cup, I would greatly appreciate. :)
  • deedlesdeedles Registered Users Posts: 2,467 Curl Connoisseur
    Wow, Liam is eating Hamburgers and Chicken with no teeth!!! I can't belive it's been a year Deedle. It's gone so fast. Both our little guys will be all over the place soon.

Little pieces I give him when we eat.. tiny tiny pieces... we think that he may have some back teeth or something cause he seems to shove everything we give him that way...
    He says Ba for ball and bottle (you can tell a little difference in the two). He says and knows Dada. No Mama... :(

I know.. drives you nuts doesn't it?? He used to say Mama then it went away for a while but now is back in spurts.. don't worry it will come when you least expect it!!!
    I'm weening Chas right now. He's down to once a day on the boobie. Otherwise, he's on formula. Let me know how that goes with moving from formula to milk. Are you planning on going cold turkey or mixing?

Oh mixing for sure.... also we may use lactaid whole milk just in case one of my friends says it is great for gassy babies
    How does Liam do with a sippy cup? I have yet to get Chas to like one. We tried all types. Chas is becoming very attached to his bottles as I ween so I'm afraid he's going to reject it even more?

We had a hard time too... we tried one with handles.. he didn't like it now we have one that he can hold like a bottle.. he uses it sometimes but still likes the bottle for sure!!
    Liam: 6 years old
    Colin: 3 years old
  • TrenellTrenell Registered Users Posts: 3,562 Curl Connoisseur
    Isaiah is a maniac. After sliding off a big pillow 4 times I said to my husband "He's either a dare devil or extremely stupid"

He will be 1 at the end of Sept.

He climbed out of his crib about a month ago. It was one the lowest setting, too. We think he used the bumper to hoist himself up.

He crawls so fast, and if any door opens he heads straight for it.

he is actually starting to walk by himself. I think he's record is 9 steps.

He says mama and dada. He really cares not who he says it to.

He has SIX teeth.

He dances when he eats.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file