We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Honey! Oh my gosh, I can't believe it!

beckysmabeckysma Posts: 241Registered Users
Last night I washed my hair with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Hair-Cleansing-Cream-p-103.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-hair-cleansing-cream]Jessicurl hair cleansing cream[/buylink]. Then I mixed 50% honey and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Too-Shea-Extra-Moisturizing-Conditioner-p-105.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-too-shea-extra-moisturizing-conditioner]Too Shea[/buylink]. Left in while I finished my shower, rinsed completely out. Then I put one drop of honey in with RR, and followed up with CC.

Let it air dry for about 2 hours before going to bed. The under layers were still a little damp. I wasn't sure if it would work. My 3b curls actually looked a bit limp, and I have thick hair! Went to bed, slept all over it.

Woke up this morning to the loosest, softest curls I have ever had in my entire life! I am THRILLED!

I think I found my perfect routine!!!

I was hesitant to try honey, but I'm so glad I did!!!!!!!!!!!
3b, fine, but LOTS of it...

Comments

• asleep to audioasleep to audio Posts: 2,085Registered Users
    :D That's great! Glad you found your dream routine...and especially after sleeping on your curls!

Are you saying that the honey loosened your curls? As in elongated them? Maybe I should try this again...my hair has been shrinking up a lot lately... :lol:

CoN green, HE hello hydration, burt's bees super shiny condish, & KCCC.

mostly 3b, mod CG

Smiles are free, so give them away.

Celebrate we will, 'cause life is short but sweet, for certain.
  • beckysmabeckysma Posts: 241Registered Users
    Yes, it really seemed to loosen them. I don't think this would be good for 3a or below, but I was very pleased.
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Posts: 5,000Registered Users
    I LOVE honey, it's seriously some of the best stuff for moisture and preventing frizz. However- it actually makes my curls tighter.
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • stefathenastefathena Posts: 450Registered Users
    yay!

ive tried honey with what has always felt like mediocre results, but you've inspired me. i'll try it again!
    new york city

barack the vote!
  • beckysmabeckysma Posts: 241Registered Users
    Experimented last night but I substituted PRELL shampoo (about as harsh as they come!). Prell, followed up with 1/2 honey, 1/2 [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Too-Shea-Extra-Moisturizing-Conditioner-p-105.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-too-shea-extra-moisturizing-conditioner]Too Shea[/buylink]. Left on several minutes. Rinsed completely. Drop of honey mixed with RR. Followed with CC.

Still same great soft, loose curls this morning!

I will admit, the second day hair was not too great, but for freshly washed, this is my HG!

(Also admitting, it felt soooooooo good to lather up my hair, LOL)
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Posts: 5,398Registered Users
    I haven't used honey in the looongest time! You've got me interested in trying it again, since I remember raving about it too.

But I would have to say NO to PRELL. my curls would never forgive me :wink: VO5 kiwi and lime (or something like that) lathers up pretty well, and I think it's more gentle. You might want to give it a try if your hair can tolerate shampoo.
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file