I'm no longer natural

ChoqlatqtChoqlatqt Posts: 12Registered Users
Ok so I broke down this mornig and put in one of those kiddie "hair texture softner". I feel horrible now! :cry: I know I'm supoose to be on the natural journey and all and enjoy what I was born with but I've been looking and looking at this product and dying to try it for some reason. I dont know what the allure was but I did it and now I have chemicals in my hair! :cry: Don't get me wrong, my curls are still there and still the same 3c/4a curls they've always been its just that they are softer. I like it but then again I dont b/c I was trying to keep my hair natural and not resort to the creamy stuff. I just don't know what got into me. I wish my will power was alot stronger but now I must live with this and grow my hair out some more. I feel bad.

P.S.- I will post pictures later when I get home from work.
Visit my blog:afro:

I love using manic panic hair colors to change up my style. I'm becoming more comfortable with the REAL me!:headbang:

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Don't feel bad! You have to do what feels right! You may decide you like this new look. IF not, we'll help you get back to loving your natural texture.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • holly8holly8 Posts: 632Registered Users
    Choqlatqt wrote:
    Ok so I broke down this mornig and put in one of those kiddie "hair texture softner". I feel horrible now! :cry: I know I'm supoose to be on the natural journey and all and enjoy what I was born with but I've been looking and looking at this product and dying to try it for some reason. I dont know what the allure was but I did it and now I have chemicals in my hair! :cry: Don't get me wrong, my curls are still there and still the same 3c/4a curls they've always been its just that they are softer. I like it but then again I dont b/c I was trying to keep my hair natural and not resort to the creamy stuff. I just don't know what got into me. I wish my will power was alot stronger but now I must live with this and grow my hair out some more. I feel bad.

Sorry about that.
    Its good that your hair isn`t long as yet.You can wait a few months to come back to that hair length.
    To stay away from chemicals think of 1)the damage it can do to your hair 2)You have to worry about getting touch-ups for the rest of your life
    3)They can be harmful to your health(On news they surprise us that there are food products that can be harmful to your health.I think later they might talk about chemicals like relaxers)
    4)You won`t have a healthy hair growth
    5)lower self esteem
    and stuff like that.

I hate those kids just for me and other kids chemical hair products.They fool people to believe that its not really a chemical.
    Natural since Jan 2,07
    I did a BC
    Hair type:3C\3B
    Multi-racial hair
    Hair length:Started at neck and ears(in its curly state).In Dec 08 (2 years natural) My hair was somewhere near armpit length with bentonite clay in my hair.

Mission: to obtain healthy hair every day!!

Hair products:homemade products.....

:angel1::love5:
  • kdcreighkdcreigh Posts: 736Registered Users
    Choqlatqt wrote:

Hey, it's your hair don't feel bad! :)

Lots of women have healthy hair that is relaxed or texturized. It's not necessarily a 'death sentence' for your hair.

You have to do what works for you. If texturizing works for you and doesn't damage your hair, then go for it. :wink:
    YES WE CAN!

kdcreigh 4a and b (who knows?:dontknow:)

Relegated to occasional lurking in order to keep the PJ in check!
    :lurk:

http://public.fotki.com/kdcreigh/
    PW: natural
  • MissCurlyMissCurly Posts: 133Registered Users
    don't feel bad, lol I've tried those kiddie texturizers in a small section in the back of my hair, but I think I left it on too long and it ended up making my hair bone straight again. I had to cut it off and let it grow back. Thank God it was just the back so no one could notice. At least your hair is still curly.
    3c/4a Relaxer free since 04!
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    No worries. You shouldn't be natural unless you are ready to be. If you want to texlax that's okay. We're not hair nazi's :lol: I texlaxed for years which is why I'm such a natural junkie, but it took all those years to progress to natural. It's important for you to experience your hair the way you want it to be.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    don't be so hard on yourself....it happened...decide what you want to do next. also, if you decide you want to be natural from now on, then come here for encouragement before you go buy a perm or apply chemicals.
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • Hakim NuraldinHakim Nuraldin Posts: 1,467Registered Users
    Don't feel bad. Whatever you do, keep it moisturized. You could always BC again anytime, if you really want to. Just do you. Hugs!
  • hippychichippychic Posts: 4,673Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    This is really old. I wonder what the original poster ended up doing with her hair???
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hakim NuraldinHakim Nuraldin Posts: 1,467Registered Users
    Oh Dang! you're right! What made this pop up though? Big oops!
  • TotallyTwistedTotallyTwisted Posts: 284Registered Users
    Oh Dang! you're right! What made this pop up though? Big oops!

Yea that is weird... a 2 yr old post coming up like that hehe. I clicked on her profile and she has updated blog, she apparently went back natural, so I guess we can let this thread go back.
    In the process of emptying my cabinets.

Conditioners that work FOUND
    Poo that works FOUND
    Currently trying to formulate the perfect styling pudding. Once that happens all other things left over will be thrown out, given away. From then on I'm only buying to RESTOCK. :happy2:
    Ultimate hair goal: soft, healthy APL unstretched
    "Don't remove the kinks from your hair, remove them from your brain." -Marcus Garvey
  • mariag002mariag002 Posts: 3,557Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Oh wow it is pretty old. I was even wondering who she was, but I see she only posted 11 times and that's why I couldn't remember her.

Jeesh if I had a penny for every time I TRIED to go natural and went back to relaxers I'd be rich! It was a very hard process. Had there been hair forums back in the day I would've been like 15 years natural by now.
    - Maria

Big Chop: 9/23/07
    Relaxer free for almost 5 years!

• coutmancoutman Posts: 31Registered Users
    I am not on this site like I use to be. Had another baby, business is busy and now 3 kids, who can even breathe?

About a month ago, I decided to do a texturizer/smoother whatever you call it. I knew what I was doing. I wanted a change. After having a baby, I always feel I need something different. I love my hair and all of it's little curls. I got compliments. I wanted to try a more stretched out style. And I like it.

I am having to change up my products and ways of styling, trying to get use to it. I am looking for a daily moisturizer. Anybody have any ideas. My hair does not seem to like oils.

I have been natural for about 6 years, got others to go natural, not because I was hardcore, mostly for their hair health. Made my own hair tonics, gave advice. But even the person with the advice, needs some every once in a while.
    I am a 4a/3c/4b.Either condish wash with Jessicurl Aloeba or Jessicurl Hair Cleanser. Condish with Jessicurl Too Shea! Shake and add Jessicurl Rockin' Ringlets or Curve Curly Pudding or Meringue or FOTE Aloe Vera Gel with Vitamin E.
  • mariag002mariag002 Posts: 3,557Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    coutman wrote: »
    I am not on this site like I use to be. Had another baby, business is busy and now 3 kids, who can even breathe?

About a month ago, I decided to do a texturizer/smoother whatever you call it. I knew what I was doing. I wanted a change. After having a baby, I always feel I need something different. I love my hair and all of it's little curls. I got compliments. I wanted to try a more stretched out style. And I like it.

I am having to change up my products and ways of styling, trying to get use to it. I am looking for a daily moisturizer. Anybody have any ideas. My hair does not seem to like oils.

I have been natural for about 6 years, got others to go natural, not because I was hardcore, mostly for their hair health. Made my own hair tonics, gave advice. But even the person with the advice, needs some every once in a while.

First of all, congratulations on having a baby! Its not easy trying to look cute and have a baby. I remember my hair falling out when I was pregnant with my last baby because I had morning sickness ALL DAY and the last thing on my mind was combing my hair LOL

I've never had texlaxed hair so I'm not really sure. I hope someone else chimes in to help out. I know that the butters I'm using have helped me with dryness and frizz. Welcome back and I hope you stick around :blob7:
    - Maria

Big Chop: 9/23/07
    Relaxer free for almost 5 years!

• afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    coutman wrote: »

Anything water based will give you moisture. I like KBB Hair milk or Suave coconut with jojoba oil added in.

Keep experimenting around with oils though. They help seal any water from you moisturizer of choice. Olive & Avocado were to heavy for me. Greasiness big time. I also tried some others that were just meh but then I discovered jojoba & now sunflower. They make such a difference.
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file