Is my hair afro or curly?

MissCurlyMissCurly Posts: 133Registered Users
Sorry I'm at work so I can't post pics right now, but my hair is like a 3b/4a when wet and when I wash and put conditioner in it looks curly and feels soft. After my hair drys it literal gets and feels dry and afro looking. I tried usings gels, creams or whatever to keep it curly but after a while that makes my hair dry to the touch sometimes crispy. All I want is my hair to look and feel soft and stay curly not fro up and loose all curl after it dries.

Can anyone help me or explain this to me???

I'm posting this on different boards cause I need help bad!
3c/4a Relaxer free since 04!

Comments

• natruallyaddictednatruallyaddicted Posts: 3Registered Users
    MissCurly wrote:
    Sorry I'm at work so I can't post pics right now, but my hair is like a 3b/4a when wet and when I wash and put conditioner in it looks curly and feels soft. After my hair drys it literal gets and feels dry and afro looking. I tried usings gels, creams or whatever to keep it curly but after a while that makes my hair dry to the touch sometimes crispy. All I want is my hair to look and feel soft and stay curly not fro up and loose all curl after it dries.

Can anyone help me or explain this to me???

I'm posting this on different boards cause I need help bad!

Did you ever find an answer? My hair does the same thing!
    hair rebirth: June 2004
    type: 4A/B -- i did the grow out, now i need to care for it.
  • jeamariajeamaria Posts: 1,851Registered Users

Did you ever find an answer? My hair does the same thing!

She posted this same thread on the 3c and 4a boards and got plenty of answers there.
  • curlee1curlee1 Posts: 48Registered Users
    afro curly?!:icescream::laughing7::profileright::@::wink::sad8::occasion9:
  • curlynikkicurlynikki Posts: 2,420Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Try leaving in your conditioner...it weighs the curl down and keeps them moisturized and thus defined.
  • gboardwritesgboardwrites Posts: 114Registered Users
    Please look at my pics on my blog:
    timothysmom.wordpress.com

I just did the big chop two months ago. The front of my hair has 1/8th of an inch of relaxer, but the picture of the back of my hair is all natural and you can see it close up.

HELP!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]For my pics you can go to:
    http://gboardwrites.blogspot.com/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file