Is this clinginess normal?

HairproductjunkieHairproductjunkie Registered Users Posts: 363
My four-month-old has started to be SUPER clingy to me. Before, she would go to anyone for a little while, and would let members of our family that she sees a lot, like my parents, hubby's parents, and my brothers hold her for a long time. Ever since we got sick, though, and were basically quarantined in the house for 5 days, not seeing anyone, she won't go to anyone but me and occasionally my mom, and then only for a little while before she sees me and wants me to hold her again. Is this clinginess normal? And what can I do to stop it? I mean, it's not like she doesn't know these people--my parents come over to see her almost every day!
GuardianB wrote:
Southern gals rock :!:

Comments

• wavezncurlzwavezncurlz Registered Users Posts: 1,814
    Normal. I remember reading that btwn 4-6 months babies become clingy to whomever they are around most. I was worried because it was just at this time that Kennedy started child care. However, she never seemed to care that I wasn't there.
    The only reason I can come up with is that she also had many caregivers around during my 4 months of maternity leave so I don't think she really cared about who took her (as long as they had mommy's pumped milk).

She's actually more attached to me now at almost 2.
    HAIRCOLLAGE2010-1-1.jpg[

mini-album w/ various styles for the past 10 years of natural hair:
    http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/wavezncurlz/hair/
    password: curlzorwavez
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    Yes, it's normal. The only way to lessen it is for her to be exposed to those other people often. She'll get over it, but honestly, I see nothing wrong with babies being strongly attached to their mommies.
  • HairproductjunkieHairproductjunkie Registered Users Posts: 363
    I see nothing wrong with babies being strongly attached to their mommies.

That's a good point, and a good way to look at it. And I admit, I really like being the one who can always soothe her, and the one she loves the most!! :D
    GuardianB wrote:
    Southern gals rock :!:
  • medussamedussa Registered Users Posts: 12,993
    Totally normal. My daughter was like this. She outgrew it, but it was rough on me at the time. Hang in there!
  • Jenny CJenny C Registered Users Posts: 1,195
    My dd didn't start to get clingy until close to a year. Now she's pretty much always hanging onto my leg. It's really cute, but when I have to take a few step, like from the sink to the fridge she just continues to hang on.

The good thing is that even though she crawls at the speed of light, and is also starting to walk, she doesn't go too far. I don't really have to chase her around the house yet, if anything she chases me around.
    If you got nothing to bring to the table - don't even bother sitting down.
  • majimaji Registered Users Posts: 278
    One word....Enjoy

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file