Need advice, please help

Pronto102Pronto102 Posts: 1Registered Users
Hi, for a couple of months now i have been growing out my hair, my hair type is slightly wavy when long but i usually have ringlets. But lately its been really dry, a little frizzy but unusually soft. I used diffrent kinds of shampoos and conditioners such as pantene pro V, frizz-ease, and garnier fructis but they all failed, they just leave my hair dry with 5% shine lol. My hair is somewhat of a medium length now. Can anyone help me, im open to suggestions and advice.

Comments

• Vince92183Vince92183 Posts: 52Registered Users
    Sounds like me when I first started growing out my hair. I jumped from shampoo to shampoo and from conditioner to conditioner. It finally stopped when I found out about CG (Curly Girl). Not really directed towards males, but oh well. lol Go to the shampoo-less forum and you'll read about it.

What I ended up doing is starting with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-No-Poo-p-53.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-nopoo]DevaCurl No Poo[/buylink] and One Condition. I loved the No Poo, but the One Condition wasn't doing it for me (it built up), so I switched to Robert Craig after seeing reviews about it. Check out this link for conditioners: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/viewtopic.php?t=91196

So that has been my routine in the shower. I then deep condition with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Too-Shea-Extra-Moisturizing-Conditioner-p-105.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-too-shea-extra-moisturizing-conditioner]JessiCurl Too Shea[/buylink] once a week to help out some more and it gets my hair pretty damn soft....ladies love it!

Some other little pointers, get yourself a wide tooth comb....it helps to comb the conditioner through your hair in the shower. Also, conditioners can be used as leave ins for the most part...I always put a tad bit of Robert Craig after I shower and comb it through. Another thing you can try is honey, I've been experimenting with that recently. I will put the conditioner in and then add honey after. Leave it it while I bathe and then rinse it all out. And finally, change your pillowcases to satin.

Well hopefully this helps you out. Its all experimenting and what works for you. You'll figure it out eventually. But one thing I have learnt throughout it all is girls go through some crazy stuff when it comes to hair! lol Good luck man
  • islandmixedislandmixed Posts: 183Registered Users
    All them store brand products are not good for the hair...if you can find two products and i say products without all that chemical crap it in, it will do your curls right.

Find a lite conditionor and try to wash your hair with a conditionor daily...see how that works for you...u dont have to always use shampoo, save that for the weeked. Also if you like to use gel...try fantasia olive ic gel...green colour...cheap gel without all that alcohol etc...works real good and has good ingredients in the gel. so try washing with conditionor only daily and see how that works along with your styling product to keep your curls looking fresh. always remember to rinse with cold water!!! controls frizz, adds shine.
  • CalamityMCalamityM Posts: 541Registered Users Curl Novice
    The best thing I ever did for my hair was to totally eliminate silicones. They really weigh your hair down, and mess up your curl formation. They can be in shampoo, and styling products, so try to cut them out if you can!
  • islandmixedislandmixed Posts: 183Registered Users
    CalamityM wrote: »
    The best thing I ever did for my hair was to totally eliminate silicones. They really weigh your hair down, and mess up your curl formation. They can be in shampoo, and styling products, so try to cut them out if you can!

your right...since i started to grow my curls a lil bit i was using a hair lotion that was filled with cones...they have the nerve to call it organic! Anyhow my hair always felt crispy, almost like you could tear it from my scalp, although the curls looks good it just felt nasty.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file