We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Oils

thataliciagirlthataliciagirl Posts: 477Registered Users
Do any of you use oils in your hair?

I have 3a THICK damaged hair.

Do you find that the oil weighs your hair down, irritates your scalp, makes your hair look/feel greasy?

How do you use the oil? (How much, wet or dry hair, scrunch or rake, etc.)

What oil do you use?

And, odd question, what exactly does this do for your hair? Minimize frizz, define curls, repair damage, etc.?

2c/3a; CG/Mod since 5/07

Counting down!:
Shooting my 1st wedding - May 17th
Portfolio Review - May 23rd (wish me LUCK!)
Graduation - June 20th
Move back to MAINE!! - Late July

Pictures of me: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fthataliciagirl%2F" class="Popup
Pictures by me: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.alicialanephotography.com%2F" class="Popup

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• ttripleblondettripleblonde Posts: 300Registered Users
    I'd use jojoba oil if your scared of weighing your hair down.

(Jojoba Oil is the closest thing to natural hair oils)
    3a/3b Mod CG
    CURRENTLY EXPERIMENTING!

excited2buy:Hello Hydration CO & LOOB

Owner Of CG Recipe Website: www.freewebs.com/triplecurl
  • BrioBrio Posts: 1,432Registered Users
    I've be doing a little bit of reading on the beautybrains.com site about oils. Found some interesting stuff. They think that jojoba oil does NOT penetrate the hair shaft. Oils they said penetrate the hair shaft include coconut oil, olive oil, and meadow(something) oil.

I don't normally use oil except as a pre-shampoo treatment. I sometimes like to really coat my hair well with coconut oil, keep it in overnight, and then shampoo in the morning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
  • sariroosariroo Posts: 1,958Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I use Africa's Best Oil. It costs something like $2 at Walmart but they have it at Walgreen's too. I don't need much oil anymore now that my hair is not as dry as it was a couple of years ago. I mainly put it in before I go to bed if I know I'm not going anywhere the next day or if I'm going to wash my hair the next morning. I also use a few drops during the day if my hair is really frizzy.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.walgreens.com%2Fstore%2Fproduct.jsp%3FCATID%3D100235%26amp%3BnavAction%3Djump%26amp%3BnavCount%3D0%26amp%3Bid%3Dprod11827" class="Popup
    316vq4y.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file