Going from Blonde back to Dark

ringletcurlringletcurl Posts: 40Registered Users
My natural haircolor is very dark brown. It's currently dyed mostly blonde (overdone highlights). I'm wanting to get my hair in better condition so when my roots grow out enough (very soon), I am thinking of going back to dark (for at least awhile).

I was thinking a demi-perm would be the best choice. I was wondering what one you'd recommend and also what color I should choose.

(btw, I don't want to use RC because I don't want to order it online). I'd prefer one from Sally's or something. Thx.

Comments

• cara4curlscara4curls Posts: 336Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yes, likely some sort of demipermanent color would be good, but this is trickier than it sounds. Better that you should go to a good colorist to have this done because highlighted hair takes color differently than other hair, and you might not get the result you want. It also might take more than one session to get your hair back to where you want it. Not cheap, but it will be done right and you won't be wailing about funky-colored hair.
    health-conscious, visionary artist in transition
  • alaskabellealaskabelle Posts: 216Registered Users
    If you absolutely must do it yourself due to budget constraints, here's my suggestion.....I am not a stylist but I have learned through trial and error....

Get a semi-permanent, no-lift color. Satin is a cone-free, totally nourishing brand. If you can't find Satin, Clairol Complements semi-permanent works too.

Don't go any darker than a level 6 the first go-around. Actually, to be extra cautious you might want to do a level 7 because your blonde highlights will take a lot of pigment. A 6 will look plenty dark.

Don't get a cool, violet, or ash tone, because it could turn bluish or greenish. Get a neutral, gold, or yellow base tone color.

Good luck!
    3aFii, ?/26/36+ (wet)
    CG since 5-29-07
    Current condish: Nature's Gate Aloe & Regis Cherry Almond
  • long_n_curlylong_n_curly Posts: 300Registered Users
    Where can you find Satin???
    Lots of Fine easily weighed down 3A curls
    PJ currently loving Devacare one c, CEHT,& Durahold but still searching for HGs
    Finally grew out my bad layers!!!
  • ItsiRCItsiRC Posts: 335Registered Users
    My natural haircolor is very dark brown. It's currently dyed mostly blonde (overdone highlights). I'm wanting to get my hair in better condition so when my roots grow out enough (very soon), I am thinking of going back to dark (for at least awhile).

I was thinking a demi-perm would be the best choice. I was wondering what one you'd recommend and also what color I should choose.

(btw, I don't want to use RC because I don't want to order it online). I'd prefer one from Sally's or something. Thx.

i'm in the same predicament, the same thing happened with my highlights. i went to sally's, the girl there suggested clairol beautiful collection, i just clipped some of my hair, put the color on. i'll post later to let you know how it turned out.

ok, i rinsed the hair and it looks good. i will probably do it this evening after i work out.
    I'm going to Mexico until this bills business blows over.

pw:master shake

.png
  • ringletcurlringletcurl Posts: 40Registered Users
    Just to let you all know...I went and got the highlights touched up (roots) and had it done professionally. I also had lowlights put in as well...more lowlights than highlights. It's now a light brown color which is much better than the light blonde it had become all over.

I've decided not to go back to my original hair color for now....very, very dark brown. I might stick with this light brown color for awhile.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file