I want to buy my doula a gift...

medussamedussa Registered Users Posts: 12,993
My doula attended the birth of my daughter on a volunteer basis, since she needed it for certification. I think she did a fantastic job. Doulas in my area charge $1,000 for their services. I want to do something nice for her.

Gift ideas anyone?

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    A watch for her doula work...with a second-hand for timing contractions, waterproof, with an expandable band that can be pushed out of the way.
  • echokittenechokitten Registered Users Posts: 1,751
    My mom used to be an LPN. She had a pocketed apron like a server/waitress apron when she was at a work. She used to make them out of cheap white cotton broadcloth . If you sew you could make one out of some nice sturdy duck cloth, so it could stand up to repeated washings.
    Cincinnati Ohio>>>Coarse protein sensitive 3a, Jessicurl WDT as a leave in, Biotera gel, White Boots, PW= coffeecurls

"Man tries to exaggerate what nature has given him," Charles Darwin (1809-1882).

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -Sophia Loren
  • velvet pawsvelvet paws Registered Users Posts: 1,250
    A set of really nice herbal teas? Aromatherapy oils? Gift certificate for a book store? The watch that RCW suggested is a nice idea.
    3A / 2B / 2C wavicelli

.png

.png
  • medussamedussa Registered Users Posts: 12,993
    A set of really nice herbal teas? Aromatherapy oils? Gift certificate for a book store? The watch that RCW suggested is a nice idea.

She does do aromatherapy with her clients. Can you point me in the right direction for something like this?

Thanks!
  • velvet pawsvelvet paws Registered Users Posts: 1,250
    For some reason, all my clients love the smell of lavender. I haven't used any other oil :lol:

I like the essential oils by Aura Cacia: http://www.auracacia.com/auracacia/acindex.html
    3A / 2B / 2C wavicelli

.png

.png
  • KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
    My doula likes to use lavender, peppermint, and some other one I didn't like. I would think lavender and peppermint would get used the most, lavender to relax the mom and peppermint for a little bit of energy when she's really tired.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Banned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
    Lavender...
    ohh, yeahh...

• medussamedussa Registered Users Posts: 12,993
    How about this?

Couples' Ginkgo Geneaology Tree

Or something like this:

Family tree frame
  • ZinniaZinnia Registered Users Posts: 7,339
    medussa wrote:
    How about this?

Couples' Ginkgo Geneaology Tree

Or something like this:

Family tree frame

Does your doula do genealogy? If not, maybe not the best gifts.
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • Resume WriterResume Writer Registered Users Posts: 645
    Maybe a gift basket with essential oils or bath and body goods?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file