CurlTalk

need GREAT job interview hair... help!

ezeeezee Posts: 2Registered Users
i've generally had no problem achieving good job interview hair in the past, but its also been during the spring/winter/fall when getting a sleek straight look with an iron was possible. now that it's mid-hot-humid-summer, i'm going to have to face my shoulder-length curls!

anyone have any suggestions for getting a look that's professional (under control and out of my face) and cute? i'm thinking a headband but not sure how super that would look with a suit....
dark blond, 3b-ish

Comments

• BlondieCurlBlondieCurl Posts: 108Registered Users
    Reschedule your job interview for October??

I think a headband could totally work with a suit. Is the place you're interviewing conservative? If so, might be a nice pop of color with the standard black suit.
    Somewhere between a 2-3a, Currently loving Innersense Quiet Calm Curl control cocktailed with L'Oreal Melting Gel.
  • ezeeezee Posts: 2Registered Users
    unfortunately the interviews are really formal--think law firm formal. maybe i will go looking for a simple headband to see how it works :>
    dark blond, 3b-ish
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    What about half-up-half-down? You could use a simple, conservative-looking clip or even just bobby pins.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • BrioBrio Posts: 1,432Registered Users
    PixieCurl wrote:
    What about half-up-half-down? You could use a simple, conservative-looking clip or even just bobby pins.

Yeah, that's a good idea. You could even just use a elastic band and topsy-twist your ponytail to hide the elastic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
  • ttripleblondettripleblonde Posts: 300Registered Users
    Maybe you could put it up with a claw clip and then leave a few stray curls over?

I've been to court before and I've definately seen women wear their hair like that. Just make sure it's not in your face.
    3a/3b Mod CG
    CURRENTLY EXPERIMENTING!

excited2buy:Hello Hydration CO & LOOB

Owner Of CG Recipe Website: www.freewebs.com/triplecurl
  • curlgirl4lifecurlgirl4life Posts: 88Registered Users
    I def. agree w/what's been said already, but even a simple french twist secured w/a comb or bobby pins. It's elegant yet very professional in my opinion.

Be sure to let us know how you end up wearing you hair! :)
    3A curly with shoulder length hair
    lovelovelove HE Set Me Up gel....
    ...still experimenting, any advice welcome! :)