December mommies-to-be check in

KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
Velvetpaws, CurlieGlamourGirlie, spiderlashes... am I missing anyone?

How are you guys doing? Have any of you felt your baby move yet? I'm pretty sure I have, but I'm still not 100%. When I told the nurse at my last visit that I thought I felt it, she told me it was just indigestion. :? How the heck does she know what I'm feeling?

Any of you know what gender you're having? I'm finding out (hopefully) August 1st, but I have a very strong hunch that it's a boy. If they tell me it's a girl, I might not believe them and tell them to look harder. :lol: I really wanted a girl, but now that I think it's a boy, I'm getting excited about a boy too. So I guess at thins point I don't really care.
*Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin

Comments

• wavezncurlzwavezncurlz Registered Users Posts: 1,814
    Me!
    I am due December 8 but I'm betting it will be earlier.
    I know we will have a girl (#2) because I had to undergo amnio so it's 100% accurate.

I've felt her move. I don't know if I'd have recognized it if this was my first baby but I remember the feeling from the first one.
    HAIRCOLLAGE2010-1-1.jpg[

mini-album w/ various styles for the past 10 years of natural hair:
    http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/wavezncurlz/hair/
    password: curlzorwavez
  • CurlieGlamourGirlieCurlieGlamourGirlie Registered Users Posts: 1,198
    Hi Bailey!!

Let's see.......

I have felt the baby move. Just little flutters here and there, but it's definitely someone saying "Hey mom!".

I have my BIG sonogram on August 3. I'm very excited. But we're not finding out the sex of the baby - we want to be surprised. My gut feeling is that it's a girl, but I don't know. I'd be happy with either and so would DH.

I'm feeling great now. We thought I had a kidney stone and went through the whole urologist/renal sonogram thing (got a few sneak peeks of the baby!) but the urologist believes that my kidney's just swollen since my uterus is pressing against it and now that my tummy's starting to push out, it's alleviating the pressure against the kidney.

But other than that I'm doing well!
    3b (I think!)
    HGs - Suave Nexxus Knockoff, Jessicurl Weekly DT, L'Oreal Out of Bed, HESMU.
    http://public.fotki.com/CurlyGlamourGirlie
    http://curlyglamourgirlie.blogspot.com
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    Yes, I think I might have felt the baby move. It's hard for me to say. Who really knows??? I wasn't certain I could feel the first one until I was about 25 weeks. I feel gassy a lot and I really can't tell the difference this early.

I've already had 2 u/s. But Aug 2 is the one where they will try to tell the sex. I want another girl, I'm not gonna lie!

In general, I have not been enjoying pregnancy at all (from a physical standpoint). I've been sick to my stomach from almost the day we conceived and have had three bad colds. Plus I have sciatica. But I'm hanging in there...counting down the days!

• KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
    I have my BIG sonogram on August 3. I'm very excited. But we're not finding out the sex of the baby - we want to be surprised. My gut feeling is that it's a girl, but I don't know. I'd be happy with either and so would DH.

Oh gosh, I don't know how you do it. I literally cannot wait to find out what the baby is. I've been counting down the days for weeks now. :oops: If the baby doesn't cooperate, I will seriously go insane!

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
    Bailey422 wrote:

Oh gosh, I don't know how you do it. I literally cannot wait to find out what the baby is. I've been counting down the days for weeks now. :oops: If the baby doesn't cooperate, I will seriously go insane!

I don't know. I like the anticipation and the excitement, that and we're both old-fashioned about stuff like that. (Don't worry, I've been counting days and weeks down too!!)

I feel like though, I'm finally starting to look pregnant rather than just like I've slacked off at the gym!

It's funny though - I've always said I'd be happy with either (and I really really would) but I've been doing "Seussical the Musical" and there's this adorable little girl playing Cindy Lou Who and I get all teary eyed when I see her acting on stage, she's just too cute!!
    3b (I think!)
  • velvet pawsvelvet paws Registered Users Posts: 1,250
    We're having our big ultrasound on August 3rd as well - but we're going to find out the sex. I'm too impatient! I don't really have a preference one way or the other, other than for a human baby (no aliens!). ;)

I've mostly felt ok, and my complaints have been pretty minor so far - I had about a week of excruciating hip pain as I was trying to fall asleep, but that went away. My morning sickness was pretty mild and was gone by around week 12. I did have a disgusting cough that lasted 5 weeks, but that's finally gone too. I was also peeing my pants a little every time I coughed, so I'm doubly relieved that it's gone now. Also, my spina bifida screening test came back negative, so that made me happy.

I think I am feeling the baby move, but it does kinda feel the same way as gas - like a little balloon inflating and then deflating. I don't feel it every day either. I had a few days where I did, and then two days where I felt nothing and it freaked me out. Now I'm feeling "things" again, but I'm just not sure. I'm mostly just trying not to think about it because it makes me anxious about the baby and it's a real effort for me to be relaxed about this pregnancy.
    3A / 2B / 2C wavicelli

.png

.png
    We're having our big ultrasound on August 3rd as well - but we're going to find out the sex. I'm too impatient! I don't really have a preference one way or the other, other than for a human baby (no aliens!). ;)

LOL, my co-worker keeps saying I'll have a puppy. Like I don't have enough of those. :lol:

I hear you on the excruciating pain... I had one in one side of my butt for days, it was so bad I could barely walk. DH kept telling me to call the doctor, but what the heck was I supposed to say... "Hi, I've got a pain in my a** and I don't mean my husband." :lol: I got a pillow for my chair at work, and it went away thankfully.

I've been really feeling the baby the last few days. It's really cool, but on the other hand, I don't know if I want it to get any stronger. It's kind of uncomfortable sometimes already.

That's kind of cool we're all having our big ultrasounds within days of each other. I can't wait to find out what everyone is having. According to all the old wives' tales, I'm having a boy, but I'm still holding out a bit of hope for a girl. Boys are pretty darn cute too though, I'll just have no clue what to do with one. My little sister was born when I was 15, so I feel like I know all about little girls.

Some babies don't cooperate, remember. So just cause you want to know, doesn't mean you will know. If that's the case we'll just be playing for the green team :( ...whereas CurlieGlamourGirlie is playing on the yellow team! :D

The baby BETTER cooperate. If not, I'll be getting another U/S, even if we have to pay for it. I need to know! :P

Last time I was totally surprised - we didn't find out. Having my girl was a wonderful surprise. I just knew I was carrying a boy.

This time I wanted to know ( can I give away the girl clothes, do I have to start from scratch). Now we know and I have to say it's fun to prepare.
    HAIRCOLLAGE2010-1-1.jpg[

Last time I was totally surprised - we didn't find out. Having my girl was a wonderful surprise. I just knew I was carrying a boy.

This time I wanted to know ( can I give away the girl clothes, do I have to start from scratch). Now we know and I have to say it's fun to prepare.

That was my thinking. The first one I want to be surprised, for subsequent children I might want to know in the interest of practicallity.
    3b (I think!)
    That was my thinking. The first one I want to be surprised, for subsequent children I might want to know in the interest of practicallity.

I think the pregnancy itself was the surprise of the year for me. I don't know if I can handle any more surprises anytime soon. :lol:

Bailey422 wrote:
    The baby BETTER cooperate. If not, I'll be getting another U/S, even if we have to pay for it. I need to know! :P

can you imagine? I need to know too, it's already driving me nuts. :lol:

I just got back from a prenatal appt. a little while ago. Everything is going well. Yay!
    3A / 2B / 2C wavicelli

.png

.png
    I just got back from a prenatal appt. a little while ago. Everything is going well. Yay!

Yay! Do you also freak out in between appointments? I swear I'm such a weirdo... I'm ok the first couple of weeks after one, but then I start worrying like crazy. At my last one, it took her a little while to find the heartbeat b/c she was talking at the same time, and I just wanted to cream "Shut up already and find the damn heartbeat!!!" In all honesty, it probably took all of 20 seconds, but in those 20 seconds I was holding my breath while every horrible scenario went through my head. Yeah, I need a chill pill. :oops:

Bailey422 wrote:

Yay! Do you also freak out in between appointments? I swear I'm such a weirdo... I'm ok the first couple of weeks after one, but then I start worrying like crazy. At my last one, it took her a little while to find the heartbeat b/c she was talking at the same time, and I just wanted to cream "Shut up already and find the damn heartbeat!!!" In all honesty, it probably took all of 20 seconds, but in those 20 seconds I was holding my breath while every horrible scenario went through my head. Yeah, I need a chill pill. :oops:

No, this is totally me as well. I'm fine for the first week or two. I was practically in tears on the subway this morning because I convinced myself I'd lost the baby.

You are sooo not the only neurotic weirdo. :lol:
    3A / 2B / 2C wavicelli

.png

.png
    You are sooo not the only neurotic weirdo. :lol:

Oh good! I think.... :)

Bailey422 wrote:

It took my doctor a few seconds (and roaming around my tummy) to find the heartbeat the first time, but it was like the LONGEST 20 seconds, as you said.

I don't freak out per say anymore, because I'm pretty much feeling the baby at least once a day. As long as I feel that, I'm good.

I do have to say, I was excited that at the last visit she found the heartbeat instantly.
    3b (I think!)
    I was a complete nervous wreck during my first pregnancy. I prepared myself for no heartbeat, no movement, no limbs, all the trisomies, low Apgars, NICU, mental retardation, cleft palate, etc. Whatever it was, I told myself she had it and we could deal w/ it...but she was fine. Most of them are! :wink:

I was a complete nervous wreck during my first pregnancy. I prepared myself for no heartbeat, no movement, no limbs, all the trisomies, low Apgars, NICU, mental retardation, cleft palate, etc. Whatever it was, I told myself she had it and we could deal w/ it...but she was fine. Most of them are! :wink:

So are you better now? I find that I'm a LITTLE BIT more relaxed this time (just a bit!) :)
    HAIRCOLLAGE2010-1-1.jpg[

• mad scientistmad scientist Registered Users Posts: 3,530 Curl Neophyte
    May I join you ladies? I'm due in the first week of January, but I don't think there are any other January Mommies on this board.

I'm 15.5 weeks and still nauseous! I really got the shaft in the morning sickness department. I was sick for 5 months with my first pregnancy.

I think I'm more relaxed this time. Or maybe I'm just to busy to be obsessing over every symptom, like last time.

Those with a toddler in the house - does he/she know you are having a baby. DS (21 months) can't possibly know, but he seems to realize that something is up. And he keeps hitting my belly!

May I join you ladies? I'm due in the first week of January, but I don't think there are any other January Mommies on this board.

Sure! Who knows, some of us might make it into January, although I sure hope it's not me. ;)

That sucks you're still sick. I definitely lucked out in that department. I was nauseous if I let myself get hungry, but if I ate every couple of hours I was fine. Needless to say, I gained quite a bit of weight in the first trimester, but fortunately it tapered off where I'm on track now. I got sick twice altogether, both times after the first trimester. Go figure. :roll: My heartburn is really bad though. It took me a few days to figure out what it was since I had never had heartburn before now. Some days, I'm popping Tums like they're candy.

So are you going to be in the "find out" club, or will you be surprised by the gender? Do they usually do mid-pregnancy ultrasounds in Canada?

• mad scientistmad scientist Registered Users Posts: 3,530 Curl Neophyte
    Thanks Bailey, I'm hoping for a Dec baby myself. Our kindergarten cut-off is Dec 31st over here. I don't need kid #2 at home for a whole extra year just because of a few days...

It's standard to have a 18 week or so u/s here but not nearly as common to find out the sex as it is in the US. We're not going to be finding out. It was fun surprise not knowing with DS, and most of our small baby clothes (atleast up to 3 months, even 6 months) are gender-neutral so I really want to use them all again!

Ok, now I'm positive I'm feeling the baby move. I get weird little tapping sensations from inside me. It started feeling much more distinct yesterday afternoon and it's continued today. The other movements I was feeling before were much more subtle.
    3A / 2B / 2C wavicelli

.png

.png

I'm 15.5 weeks and still nauseous! I really got the shaft in the morning sickness department. I was sick for 5 months with my first pregnancy.

I think I'm more relaxed this time. Or maybe I'm just to busy to be obsessing over every symptom, like last time.

Those with a toddler in the house - does he/she know you are having a baby. DS (21 months) can't possibly know, but he seems to realize that something is up. And he keeps hitting my belly!

Hey MS!
    We're on this road together again. Yes, I am way too busy this time to obsess.

Mom and I were just talking about whether Kennedy understands if a new baby is coming. I think she is beginning to get it. Seems like we have been reading books and watching lots of shows about brothers and sisters and babies (Barney, Elmo) and everytime one of them comes on, I try to explain that a new baby girl will be living with us soon and point to my belly. She just points to my belly and says - big tummy! And I mentioned in another thread how she is imitating my pregnancy waddle.

We've also been talking about setting up her "big girl" bedroom (she's so not attached to her bedroom or crib) to prepare for the new baby. My mom helped her pick out some baby clothes the other day. I guess we'll just have to keep mentioning the baby and maybe it will sink in.

Finally, we are taking her to the ultrasound on Wednesday hoping she'll get that there is a baby inside mommy's "big tummy".
    HAIRCOLLAGE2010-1-1.jpg[

I just SAW the baby kick! This is too cool, I just wish DH was here to see it. He's been trying to feel it unsuccessfully. :(

Bailey422 wrote:
    I just SAW the baby kick! This is too cool, I just wish DH was here to see it. He's been trying to feel it unsuccessfully. :(

I'm just starting to be able to feel it from the outside. Of course every time DH puts a hand on my belly, the baby hides. I even drank a rootbeer in the hopes that the sugar would wake them up, but to no avail!
    3b (I think!)
    I can't see or feel anything from the outside yet. Hopefully soon, as my husband really wants to feel the baby.
    3A / 2B / 2C wavicelli

.png

.png
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Registered Users Posts: 5,656
    Of course every time DH puts a hand on my belly, the baby hides.

I'm not December, but mine still does this sometimes. I just say he gets performance anxiety :lol:
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
    PixieCurl wrote:
    Of course every time DH puts a hand on my belly, the baby hides.

I'm not December, but mine still does this sometimes. I just say he gets performance anxiety :lol:

LOL. I went to lunch with DH and the baby was still the entire time. Now that I'm back at work, he's having a party in there again. I told DH the baby obviously just doesn't like him. :lol:

Well, DH still hasn't felt the baby move, but he got to see it yesterday. I don't get how he could not feel it, my belly was jumping all over the place. :bounce: I know my dog definitely felt the baby kick. :laughing6:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file