Stopping aging in its tracks! Wrinkle/Blemish cream

MeghuneyMeghuney Posts: 4,263Registered Users
:lol:

I'm doing research on Retinol. I need it but would a glycolic acid/Retinol mix be better? If so, what products have this in it?

I'm trying to do research. If anyone uses a product that is working for both wrinkles and blemishes, please let me know.

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Over-the-Counter retinols don't do a thing for anti-aging...nothing.
  • MeghuneyMeghuney Posts: 4,263Registered Users

That's what I keep reading. :?

So, what would you suggest? Other than using good sun protection when out, etc. Any other products?
    Meghuney wrote:

That's what I keep reading. :?

So, what would you suggest? Other than using good sun protection when out, etc. Any other products?

The very best thing for anti-aging is to use Retin-A...start it young and keep using it. And stay out of the sun, of course.
  • firelilyfirelily Posts: 1,298Registered Users
    RCW- I think you've mentioned getting your Retin-A from Mexico? How does that work?
    Lots and lots of fine 3b-ish hair.
    DevaCurl currently, but exploring new products.
    Love the hair!
    RCW- I think you've mentioned getting your Retin-A from Mexico? How does that work?

I just order it from Medsmex.com
    Thanks RCW! I am going to check out that site shortly.

I just order it from Medsmex.com

The Renova cream? How would one determine whether they need .025%, .05% or .1%?

Also, what is the advantage of starting young? At 30, other than the discoloration problems I'm having, my skin is pretty youthful (only 1 real wrinkle, and still have good texture) - and I'd like to keep it that way for as long as possible!
    Love the hair!

Also, what is the advantage of starting young? At 30, other than the discoloration problems I'm having, my skin is pretty youthful (only 1 real wrinkle, and still have good texture) - and I'd like to keep it that way for as long as possible!

Renova is for those with dry skin who aren't acne prone, so I don't use Renova. I'm oily and acne-prone, so I use regular Retin-A. One should start with the lowest dosage and work up. Start S-L-O-W, with once a week, working up to every other day, then every day, then twice a day if you want, then up to the next level. If irritation or peeling becomes a problem, back off and allow skin to heal before resuming. Not everyone can use Retin-A. Some people just become too irritated. I found that before I stopped using detergent cleansers on my face, I had a lot of irritation. Since I only use a non-detergent PH-balanced cleanser now, my skin can take a lot more anti-aging active products without irritation.

Retin-A does many things for the skin. It stimulates collegen, smooths skin, reduces (or prevents) fine wrinkles, and it's also anti-acne. All these things are proven effects of Retin-A, not just cosmetic industry blow-words.
    Nice! I rarely ever get acne and I tend towards being dry, so I think Renova would be right for me.

Thanks for all the info. I think I'll start using it soon!

(Turning 30 AND having my wedding in a year have made me rather conscious of the state of my skin.)

(see? still liking the parentheses.) :lol:
    Love the hair!

Renova is for those with dry skin who aren't acne prone, so I don't use Renova. I'm oily and acne-prone, so I use regular Retin-A. One should start with the lowest dosage and work up. Start S-L-O-W, with once a week, working up to every other day, then every day, then twice a day if you want, then up to the next level. If irritation or peeling becomes a problem, back off and allow skin to heal before resuming. Not everyone can use Retin-A. Some people just become too irritated. I found that before I stopped using detergent cleansers on my face, I had a lot of irritation. Since I only use a non-detergent PH-balanced cleanser now, my skin can take a lot more anti-aging active products without irritation.

Retin-A does many things for the skin. It stimulates collegen, smooths skin, reduces (or prevents) fine wrinkles, and it's also anti-acne. All these things are proven effects of Retin-A, not just cosmetic industry blow-words.

Out of curiousity, RCW, what cleanser do you use?
    Out of curiousity, RCW, what cleanser do you use?

Up til now, there has only been one cleanser that I was aware of that was both non-detergent and PH balanced. This one:

http://dianayvonne.com/product/CSC23_4

But there is another one that just came out, by one of my favorite cosmetic companies (PSF Skincare), and it's also detergent-free and PH balanced. I'll be trying it as soon as my stock of the other one is used up (you may have to set up a login to view this site):

https://www.psfskincare.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=GCC-8&reference=/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi%3Fsearch%3Daction%26keywords%3Dall%26searchstart%3D0%26template%3DPDGCommTemplates/FullNav/SearchResult.html%26category%3DAAAA

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file