Anyone tried Colorsilk Root Perfect?

BrioBrio Posts: 1,432Registered Users
I'm interested in trying this and wondered if anyone else had tried yet?

http://haircolor.revlon.com/aspx/colorsilk/ColorSilkRPHowTo.aspx
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Frizz Happens!
my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!

Comments

• BrioBrio Posts: 1,432Registered Users
    I tried this tonight. It was really easy to use and did a good job of matching the color. The bottle has a sponge applicator on the top and all you have to do is dab the color on your roots. I would recommend this to anyone just wanting to touch up your roots. It's not expensive either. I got mine at CVS for under $4.00. You can get it cheaper elsewhere, but I needed the dark auburn which is a bit more difficult to find.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
  • dabadckgrldabadckgrl Posts: 36Registered Users
    I did and I loved it. It is so much better than the clarol. There was enough product to actually do all of my roots and it is lasting very well! I may try using it at least one more time before I color all of my hair again. It is a great bargain.
    Colored & Highlighted, trying to cover the gray, 2c curls past my shoulders. Shea Moisture Thickening Shampoo, Leave in Kinky Curly Knot, Next day curl refresher spray: kinky curly curling custard mixed with distilled water and Jojoba oil. Pomade Kinky Curly Gloss Pomade. Kinky Curly Spiral Spritz.
    My longterm results are still up in the air. It hasn't really been long enough, yet, but I think it may be starting to fade some from my roots. I'll try to report back in a few more weeks.

I am hoping, too, that I can do this at least one more time in lieu of regular coloring. I am trying to get red hair, and I think I have so much color buildup that the red just does not show through. I am hoping if I hold off for a bit more, I can fade out my current color and then do another all-over coloring with the dark auburn and actually get a dark auburn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!

It's been about 4 weeks now. I think the color did fade some, but not so much that I felt I needed to touch up again. I'm really glad I used this stuff and didn't do a touch-up with a regular hair color kit.

I am going to touch up again this weekend and try the clairol brand to see how that compares.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!

• RoRo Posts: 150Registered Users
    So Brio, when you say fade, do you mean you started to see gray coming back or the color lightened??

I would really like to try this stuff! Sometimes I just need to hide my gray 'cuz I can't get in to see my colorist at the 4 week point which is when my gray is really noticeable...

Also, do you know if you have to wait long to get your hair professionally colored after using this product?? Like if you wanted to touch up for a weekend event and then get your color done the following week??

Thanks! :P
    3A (I think)

Loving my curls after all these years -- but still trying to figure out what works for me...
    Ro wrote:
    So Brio, when you say fade, do you mean you started to see gray coming back or the color lightened??

I would really like to try this stuff! Sometimes I just need to hide my gray 'cuz I can't get in to see my colorist at the 4 week point which is when my gray is really noticeable...

Also, do you know if you have to wait long to get your hair professionally colored after using this product?? Like if you wanted to touch up for a weekend event and then get your color done the following week??

Thanks! :P

I think the color lightened some with the grays hairs lightening the most.

I don't know how long you should wait after using the root touchup to get it colored. The root touchup lasted me about 3-4 weeks before I felt I needed to recolor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file