CurlTalk

Ever need to go back to Devachan to get a cut fixed?

Got my hair cut at Devachan on Tuesday. I'm basically happy with the cut, but the relaxed bottom part of my hair is troublesome. There are a few places where it seems to stick out oddly. I'm giving it a chance to settle in, but I'm thinking if this still bothers me next week I should call Devachan and ask if Jackie can tweak it. Has anyone ever done this? Maybe I should call now and let them know that I might want to do this next week. I think a salon should stand by the quality of their cuts and if a customer needs a few extra snips a week or so later, they should be accommodating. Particularly at these prices!

Feedback?
Over 2 years without shampoo. Finally grown out the evil relaxer. LOVING my ringlets!

Comments

• wildsheepchasewildsheepchase Posts: 161Registered Users
    I think a salon should stand by the quality of their cuts and if a customer needs a few extra snips a week or so later, they should be accommodating. Particularly at these prices!

Couldn't have said it better myself.
  • RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    I would call and see how long you can wait. I had to go back in to a salon once because the stylist didn't cut it quite short enough but at the time my hair was being particulary crazy and I couldn't really tell at first so when I called it was about 2 to 2 and 1/2 weeks after the appointment and they charged me half of the cut price.
    Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
    Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
    Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,572Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    Yes, I would call and find out the time limit. You can explain that you want a little time to see if it settles in, but may need a few more snips. Any salon should take care of that within 2 weeks for free. Every stylist I have had has done this for me as needed.
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • rose's ringletsrose's ringlets Posts: 119Registered Users
    Thanks, everyone. I called yesterday and am going after work today for Jackie to touch it up. That's if it ever stops pouring! I tried to go to work this morning, but my neighborhood is flooded. I had an umbrella, but by the time I got to the corner (3/4 of a block), I was completely soaked to the waist. The water on the sidewalk covered the tops of my shoes in spots. So I turned around and came home to change clothes. Now I'm waiting it out. :roll:
    Over 2 years without shampoo. Finally grown out the evil relaxer. LOVING my ringlets!
    Good luck - with the trim and the rain! :)
  • rho1640rho1640 Posts: 31Registered Users
    Good luck on the trim - but on the rain -- can you BELIEVE that today -- I am way out east but it was incredible!
    rho
  • BrioBrio Posts: 1,432Registered Users
    How'd it go? You get your hair fixed?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
  • rose's ringletsrose's ringlets Posts: 119Registered Users
    Thanks, everyone. It went well. Jackie was great. She spent about 5-10 minutes pruning my poor relaxed ends (from my roots to around my ears I'm a 3B, my ends are 2A-B:cry:). Even with the humidity, I could tell the difference.

The receptionist at Devachan said they will do a touch-up within 10 days. But they don't do them on Saturdays.

rho1640 wrote
    Good luck on the trim - but on the rain -- can you BELIEVE that today -- I am way out east but it was incredible!

That turned out to be the least of the craziness yesterday! I work a couple of blocks from Grand Central station. Luckily, I was downtown at Devachan at the time of the explosion!
    I'm glad she fixed it up for you. :)