CurlTalk

CG products for thick poofy hair?

I have very poofy hair, and I was wondering what products I could use to de poof it. Does anyone know any CG safe products that would way down my hair?

Comments

• spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Most heavy conditioners would if you left some in instead of rinsing completely -- Regis Design Line Olive Oil, Paul Mitchell The Conditioner, Curl Junkie Healthy Condition, [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Elucence-Moisture-Balancing-Conditioner-p-39.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=elucence-elucence-moisture-balancing-conditioner]Elucence MBC[/buylink], [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/CURLS-Curls-Milkshake-p-884.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curls-Curls-Milkshake]Curls Milkshake[/buylink], etc. Kinky Curl Curling Custard devolumizes, too.

• cmb127cmb127 Posts: 14Registered Users
    alright, thanks! i started using (i think its vo5) vanilla mint tea "clarifying" conditioner yesterday. would a clarifying conditioner be less moisturizing?
  • hockeymomof3hockeymomof3 Posts: 2,159Registered Users
    I like the back to basics pomegranate moisturizing condish to weigh my hair down a bit and make my curls lay nicely...it does seem to be a bit heavy.

To me, the clarifying condishes like vanilla mint and kiwi lime are a little bit less moisturizing than the other vo5 conditioners.
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Conditioner - One Condition
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

Looking to try Devacurl Decadence line next! Can't wait to try it.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    cmb127 wrote:
    alright, thanks! i started using (i think its vo5) vanilla mint tea "clarifying" conditioner yesterday. would a clarifying conditioner be less moisturizing?

I wouldn't guess anything by V05 is very moisturizing. I'd consider them "lightweight" conditioners. Is it even CG? And why would you want your conditioner to clarify?

• apointeapointe Posts: 199Registered Users
    I use the vanilla mint "clarifying" conditioner for CO-washes and I like it a lot. It actually makes my hair feel clean AND moisturized after using it. I then CO with Nature's Gate hemp conditioner and rinse it all out.
    NYC - but originally from Philly!

2c/3a - coarse texture, little volume - still experimenting!

2007-2008 Curly Fantasy Football Champion! :hello1:
  • PianoWirePianoWire Posts: 24Registered Users
    2c...turned 3a since starting CG!
    Devacurl, Jessicurl, and Creme of Nature
    CG since 10/15/03
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    virgin coconut oil is fantastic for this.
    3b-3c CG
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    cmb127 wrote:

I wouldn't guess anything by V05 is very moisturizing. I'd consider them "lightweight" conditioners. Is it even CG? And why would you want your conditioner to clarify?

As another thick and poofy, I don't think that anything by VO5 is all that moisturizing either. I'd go for a heavier conditioner and leave some in, or use a leave in.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.